Richmond, VA Store Reports & General Chat 07 - 09

Reaction score
Briefly off-topic

Just wanted to give a notice before I throw it on the main list. I am selling a couple things just to get some holiday cash(who doesn't need this). There will be more but right now I am selling most of my display stuff. Consider these in great condition but without figures/boxes

Endor AT-AT: $30
Saga Imperial Shuttle: $30

Let me know if anyone is interested

Reaction score
Sarlaac Pack

Has anyone actually gotten this and fiddles around with it? I want it, but I'm not entire certain it's worth the tag just yet.

Reaction score
Re: Sarlaac Pack

Not me, I'll pass on it. I ran outta room to display anything a couple months ago. After 10+ years, I figured I had had enough. The addiction is still there though, for the most part I just report anything I see. I think I'm out of toy collecting. Due to the economy, just dont have the extra funds to play with anymore. I did get (through friends) the GG Galactic Marine and Airborne Trooper as I just couldnt resist them! Merry Christmas All!

Reaction score

You may have run out of room but I understand that you just a acquired a piece of Star Wars History....when are we going to see pictures of this ANH beauty?

Reaction score

Ha! That was a bad joke that got outta hand! Havent seen much on my tours lately. Since no one is posting, I figure its much the same. Saw Sarlac Pit over the weekend down in Chester but I passed on it. Just didnt have the cash flow like last year ro justify it. If they're on clearance and any left in the next couple weeks, I might move on it then. I have been looking for a Commander Faie figure (clone with white robe) and still havent seen him. If anyone reading this on the southside sees him, how about stashing him somewhere and posting for me. I dont think we'll be seeing much more out there til the end of this month or top of February. Happy New Year all!

Reaction score

No huge finds here-just the new Revan Mighty Mugg...those things are pretty cute-not gonna lie. Anyone get oddly excited for that new ROTJ wave??

Reaction score

where did you find the REVAN...I have to get that one

Reaction score

I've spotted him at both Hull Wal-Mart and Hull Target. If I see him again, I'll grab him for you!

Reaction score

OutlawNukenin said:
I've spotted him at both Hull Wal-Mart and Hull Target. If I see him again, I'll grab him for you!
Much appreciated

Reaction score

Love lookin at new toys but my wallet's empty so just window shopping so to speak. Really hasnt been anything out there to talk about over the past couple weeks. Thanks to friends, I did score the Airborne & Galactic Marine Busts but other than that, nothing in the stores of interest.

Reaction score
Changed Title of Thread..

Since I was tired of seeing 2008 still listed, I changed it to 2009. The third year using the same thread. My how things have slowed.

Reaction score
Re: Changed Title of Thread..

Found a Revan Mugg at the Hull Wal-Mart. Short on cash this week, so I stashed him behind the 12inch Batman on the bottom shelf. Nothing else to really report-save for my excitement about the Turbo Tank! Tgaines, I'd say that warrants some room clearing!

Reaction score

Oh yeah man, a monster like that just screams buy me for the long lasting friendship! I love lookin for the new toys but retail around here has been about as crappy as the weather. I havent seen jack in ages. I must be hitting the stores on the wrong days! I'm sure February will bring us some more good stuff though as retail ramps up for spring. Happy Hunts!
Oh, another thing, I have been hunting the latest wave of TVs so if anyone sees them, post on it.

Reaction score

Actually I just found it! Went down to Target/FH at lunch and scored a TV Clone Tank & V19 Torrent fighter. Also picked up a Battle at Christophsis BP (has a purple/grey droid tank & red/grey clone walker w/5 figs)that I'll use as a bday present to my nephew next week since the little guy loves the CW toon. If anyones interested I guess they're on the shelf now. When the Christophsis set or Sarlacc Pit BPs are clearanced I might like those for myself! Happy Hunts!

Reaction score

Legacy wave 5 was out at Wally/FH for those looking. Happy Hunts!

Reaction score

Anyone come here anymore? I've been lurking here since AOTC but I believe this place has died. I have virtually "0" extra cash to spend on collecting anymore and I've just about lost all interest in The Clone Wars cartoon and its related toy line. I can't stand Obi Wan's beard anyway!

Reaction score

You know I am always here, Troy....I am still looking for the Revan Mighty Muggs and any of the next wave of Clone Wars figs.

Off SW, I have seen the new Transformers GI Joe and Marvel Mighty Muggs at various Targets. Nothing new on the other fronts.

But if someone does come across 2 Revans I will take both.

And I finally picked up a Galactic Marine GG bust. And I might have an extra Airborne for sale soon
Thanks

Reaction score

I've been out of work for 2 months now, so my budget is almost non-existent. I do still pop in from time to time.

Reaction score

OK, thats cool, there's still some folks here for Richmond. Come se our SciFi group and join the discussion at
www.rivercityfanboys.com
lotsa stuff going on over there.
Anyway, had to go into Sam's Club today and lo & behold they had these killer Star Wars Kites! What caught my eye was the X-Wing...actually cutout & shaped like an X-Wing!

Reaction score

TGaines107 said:
OK, thats cool, there's still some folks here for Richmond. Come se our SciFi group and join the discussion at
www.rivercityfanboys.com
lotsa stuff going on over there.
Anyway, had to go into Sam's Club today and lo & behold they had these killer Star Wars Kites! What caught my eye was the X-Wing...actually cutout & shaped like an X-Wing!
I definitely want that one and the Death Star Beach Ball

Reaction score

Was down in Chester Walmart last night and they have the latest wave of TV's, The Nemodian (sic) shuttle and the Clone Attack Cruiser among others. Happy Hunts!

Reaction score

Ooooh havent heard anything about the Kites and the Beach Ball Death Star, wouldnt mind getting the Beach Ball Death Star, as for kites I havent flown one ever, lol, you try to fly a kite in England (Britain, the place I am originally from before I moved to Pasquotank) and you take off with it, very windy indeed, lol.

Reaction score

Welcome to the thread fella! Back when AOTC then ROTS came out you could find 15 or 20 people posting finds in here. Unfortunately, most collectors have collected out so to speak with funds running low and lukewarm response to the Clone Wars TV series. Hopefully with the live action show now in the works, we'll see more folks back to collecting. That and a turn around in this crappy economy which has sort changed alot of us. Anyway...
HEY MILTON! GOOD TO SEE YOU LAST NIGHT! Food was superb and service was excellent at your restaurant!!!

Reaction score

Hello all, glad to see ya last night troy. Sorry, I got real busy, i meant to send you guys out some desserts, next time though.

Reaction score

Stopped by TRU/Midlo at lunch today and they were stocked! Anybody still buying? Go there. Whats old is new again, saw the TFU BP's (were a WM exclusive) out. They had all the new two packs of figs. The latest line of figs, the latest line of TV's as well. Came close to getting Virago or the HEadhunter TVs but stayed my hand. Also, they have the Darth Maul Sideshow fig over there for awhile now (you know, the one that cost about $80!) Well, now they HAN SOLO in Hoth gear. WTF? Where's Vader or a Stormie? If no one is buying Maul, who the heck will buy Solo in Hoth gear!?! They had a tone of stuff over there on full pegs, too much to name but if your up for a hunt check it out. They had some really cool Star Trek stuff on the same aisle. I imagine we'll see more of that with the movie coming out soon. Happy Hunts!

Reaction score

Was the Sideshow Maul the same price as on the site?
I need to get one for my Sith Droids pack.
I am still collecting the Clone Wars figs, but only a few.
I am still doing the GG stuff....now I just need to find a display cabinet...I have outgrown the shelves now that I got a Galactic Marine...

Reaction score

Its still $80! Too steep for the cashflow right now, besides having a couple of really good high end Mauls already, I woulda passed on him anyway. Hey man, did you pickup the GG Tie Pilot yet? I got mine yesterday. Got him off schemebay for $38 including the shipping which I though was a good deal. You need to get one.

Reaction score

Nah....I am still trying to get rid of my extra Airborne Clone Trooper mini Bust.
I got an extra on that someone on the scum boards was going to take off my hands in trade for another mini bust, but it never materialized. Now I have the extra...#2595 or #2598...not sure...MIB, only opened to make sure there were no broken elements.
Do you still need it? I have it for $65 shipped but if someone in the Richmond area wants it, I will sell it for $55 + Paypal fees, for someone to pick up
Let me know.

Reaction score

Nah, I got mine late last year through a Legion friend. You may wanna ask Thumpy over at the Garrison as he does a Clone Airborne also. He's also in the Tidewater Fanforce I believe or it may be the other one. You can try our Garrison or the Fanforce boards or rivercityfanboys.com any of those guys may want it. Of course theres always Ebay!

Reaction score

TGaines107 said:
Nah, I got mine late last year through a Legion friend. You may wanna ask Thumpy over at the Garrison as he does a Clone Airborne also. He's also in the Tidewater Fanforce I believe or it may be the other one. You can try our Garrison or the Fanforce boards or rivercityfanboys.com any of those guys may want it. Of course theres always Ebay!
Thanks....I think Thumpy is going to get it....which is good news

Reaction score

Saw the Yavin and Jabba packs at Hull Target. I'll grab the Yavin pack at some point, but the Jabba pack is such a wasted opportunity. Bring on the realistic Hutt!!

Reaction score
Re: Briefly Off Topic

Hello friends. I am moving back up to the frozen north of Detroit and wanted to thank you all for all your help and it was good to meet those of you I did.

I also put up some ads on richmond craigslist. They're the most recent star wars/midlothian ads. Just let me know if you want anything and I'll set it/them aside.

Good luck to all!!

Reaction score

You've been great to know over these past years! Once a friend in Star Wars, always a friend. Best wishes! Nothing new to report, was a TRU/West yesterday and they had the latest wave of legends (Snowtrooper) and Jabba packs.

Reaction score

Hey man, Went to see Star Trek this past weekend up at Commonwealth 20 and they had a huge Enterprise in the lobby. Musta been about 8' long. I know some of us had talked about this off the boards but they're starting to put out some really cool merch. I went to several of the local Wallys yesterday and saw they have diecast ships out. I saw the first Enterprise as well as Enterprise D along with the Reliant. Check em out, they look pretty good!

Reaction score

Target/FH had the mini RC R2 units and the Rancor. I actually wish I qould'vw held off on the Unleashed Rancor and got this one instead since its a classic. The again, I've already got a POTF2 Rancor. Oh well, love this stuff.

Reaction score

Stopped into TRU/Midlo today and noticed they had some of the newer TV's like Sebulba's Pod Racer, HoundsTooth and a couple others.

Reaction score

Was down at Wally/Chester and noticed they had a bunch of the Unleashed singles. I think these are all re-cards from the same you could find at Dollar General about two years ago! They also had some of the newer Tv's. They also had the newer Legens with the Red type card lettering/backing but again these are all repacks so I'm not interested. I am interested in scoring a new Clone Wars Y-Wing if anyone sees any of those.

Reaction score

TGaines107 said:
Was down at Wally/Chester and noticed they had a bunch of the Unleashed singles. I think these are all re-cards from the same you could find at Dollar General about two years ago! They also had some of the newer Tv's. They also had the newer Legens with the Red type card lettering/backing but again these are all repacks so I'm not interested. I am interested in scoring a new Clone Wars Y-Wing if anyone sees any of those.
I have seen the Red Legends cards at Target Midtown and West End...nothing spectacular.
I am waiting for the Build a Blaster set to some out so that I can buy it and customize it for my costuming. Nothing like an RFT with a BFG...