Richmond, VA Store Reports & General Chat 07 - 09

Reaction score
Re: Midnight Madness

Anybody get the Airborne bust? Anyone got an extra to sell me?

Reaction score

I picked up two (I was thinking about trading one for the FB Marine), but I figured I should put it 'back in the water' so I cancelled one of them Tuesday night. So, some should be back on SWS anytime, I'll PM you if I see any....

Reaction score

Thanks for the post man! I thought someone on here may have got more than one and be able to share with a fellow longtime scummer. It's ironic, I am a Clone Airborne with the 501st Legion so you can imagine how hyped I was when I thought I might be able to score my namesake. I'd been checking the SW Shop regularly but like so many others, I missed out. I still dont understand the mentality over at GG!?! Everyone wants Clones, Stormies but not many give a rat about a Dengar or Princess Leia. They should make those type of busts the exclusives on limited runs and leave the armor to mass runs of 5000 or more. Same thing with the Galactic Marine or Gree, Cody, etc. Just dont understand that as all it does is inflate prices on the secondary market to extraordinary amounts. Anyone else order a second bust I can make a claim on? I'll pay you more than you paid for it, thats for sure.

Reaction score

I'm not the biggest fan of GG's practices either, but I think everything will work out on this bust. If they are holding back another 1k for PGMs then I think getting one shouldn't be a problem. Like I said, if I get access to another, then its yours....

Reaction score

Found the WalMart Exclusive 501st "Join the Legion" Clone today at Wally/Midlo. They had lots of them on top the CW midcaps in the toy dept. Happy Hunts!

Reaction score

TGaines107 said:
Found the WalMart Exclusive 501st "Join the Legion" Clone today at Wally/Midlo. They had lots of them on top the CW midcaps in the toy dept. Happy Hunts!
Ditto at the Short Pump Walmart.
They also had the Keychains and the Power Wheels Clone Quad cycle. Picked up 2 of the 501st figures.

Reaction score

Saw at TRU/Midlo a couple Anakin's Modified Jedi Starfighters on the shelf. The one with the big ol engines on the front. I bought that ship back in 03 I think it was when it came out in the "original" Clone Wars line so I passed but maybe someone else on here is looking. Things have been a little dry around here as of late with pegs still crammed with all the stuff from July. Happy Hunts!

Reaction score

Hit Wally/Chester (off early) and they had a ton of the new TFU Commemorative 3 packs: Vader/Incinerator Troopers and Palpy/Shadow Stormies. Happy Hunts!

Reaction score

Picked up a Holo-Dooku at Target/Hull. The Wal-Mart on Hull had TFU sets as well...nothing too much to report on. Is anyone else getting TFU or getting the Trooper fig at Gamestop?

Reaction score

Holo Dooku? I think he's in Legends Wave 3? I'll have to start going out at lunch again to look for that wave! I'm gonna get TFU for the Wii so I can saber battle my kids with those remotes! I didnt pre-order the game so I'm probably outta luck on the Stormie. There's so many of those stores around here though, I might hit one or two on lunch tomorrow on the off chance I can score but I'm not gonna put alot of effort into it. Happy Hunts!

Reaction score

I pre-ordered the game because I was so looking forward to it. However after reading from the folks who received the game early (newegg.com sent it out almost a week early!!) that is 10 - 15 hours at MOST I just can't justify spending 60 bucks on something that short. Disappointment abounds.

Reaction score

Ok, so I wasn't entirely crazy thinking that the Dooku was a bit odd. As for the game, I didn't preorder either, but that's sad about the short time. I have the Wii, so I am sure I'll have a great deal of fun with the sabers.

Reaction score

Went to GameStop on Forest Hill and they had a few of the stormies left.I picked up one and did not have the game reserved.

Reaction score

They might have a few of the Stormtrooper Commanders at the Gamestop in Short Pump next to Walmart
I got mine for free since I trooped over there for the midnight madness.
Nice Fig

Reaction score

Able to get the fig at the Commonwealth Gamestop. YW, you're right about the playtime length, but I am going to ramp up the difficulty setting. I am still having a fantastic time playing this. Ah, the therapy of simulated sith violence! Force wrecking ball, indeed!

Reaction score

Well, I've played TFU and really enjoyed it. I've gotten most of the way through and now my girls are playing it. I too have a Wii so its really fun to lightsaber battle. I didnt score the Commander fig but I'm not missing it. I've reached a point where I've pretty much run outta space to collect anything more!!!

Reaction score

Saw the Lars' Homestead pack at the midlo TRU. I really think I am going to skip this one-just not calling to me. That's about it for sightings. Good luck out there!

Reaction score

Was looking at the front page here and noticed they had a pic of the Darth Maul Titanium fig. I never saw these at retail around here until now so take note. If you want one, head to Ollie's Discount Warehouse over at the Meadwodale Shopping Center in Meadowbrook (Hopkins & Cogbill past the McDonalds) They had about a dozen of them for $5 along with the Cylon fig, Clone Trooper (blue & white) & Clone Trooper (silver). I was over there Saturday.

Reaction score

Saw the new Torent Lego with Asoka, Anakin and Huttling at the TRU in the West End.

and BTW if anyone finds one of the Hasbro Blasters for the Rebel Fleet Trooper, I am in dire need of one.
Thanks

Reaction score
Wave 2 - Clone Wars

So yesterday at Target - Commonwealth Center Parkway I found Commander Cody. Today at Target - Short Pump I found Ashoka and Oddball (They still had 1 Oddball left).

Just thought I'd throw it out there.

YW

Reaction score
Re: Wave 2 - Clone Wars

They had two sets of CW Wave 3 at Target/FH. When I left there was a Cody, Oddball, Super Droid still on the pegs.
Found most of Legacy 4? at Wally/FH. No Saleucami Clone and no Yaddle though. Happy Hunts!

Reaction score

I thought that was CW wave 2, and that wave 3 had Ventress, and Dooku in it?

YW

Reaction score

Maybe so Yoda, the older I get, the more I lose track! Hit Wally/Midlo earlier today and they had remnants of the above waves all mixed in with the other stuff. Nothing at Target/midlo. Iwas hoping when they put their toy dept. back together, it would come heavily stocked but I really havent seen much at that store over the past week or two. Met a granny rootin the pegs at Wally and had to wait my turn for two soccer moms rootin at Target! It's a rare occassion I actually see kids hittin the pegs, almost always moms!

Reaction score

They had some of the new comic two packs at Wally/Hull earlier this morning. Happy Hunts! BTW, looking for an extra Ahsoka, if you find, report & stash 4 me!

Reaction score

I just got to Williamsburg on business...any good stores to hit for GG or SSC stuff? I'm also into Kidrobot & Jamungo type collectibles. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Reaction score

sorry man, not to familiar with the stores of that area as I'm about 40 miles up the road. Hey folks, the Wally/Midlo has the recent CW wave (Ahsoka) and the most recent legends wave (organa's) along with batlepacks for B'omarr Monastery (sic) and the shield generator assualt. I think I'm gonna cut back on my collecting heavily since I've run outta space. I go out for lunch and hit these stores for something to do to get outta the office and a little exercise though so I'll still report what I see. I cant really stomach $8 figs anymore. You all saw the Lar's Homestead I assume. $50 for 3 figs and a plastic dome!!!

Reaction score

Went to Hull Wal-Mart and saw the CW Gunship and the A-Wing...they both look awesome. I'll definitely be picking those up soon. Good luck out there, friends!

Reaction score

The Williamsburg Target had the animated Cody this evening, but that was it from the new wave.

Reaction score

Yep, there around town now. Wally/Midlo full endcap by the bikes of Gunships, A-Wings, new battlepacks re-stocked.

Reaction score

TRU/Midlo has their exclusive ARC-170 w/nose art.
501st will be doing a Toys for Tots campaign there
Saturday 11-22-08 Noon-2pm. Come see us if you can!

Reaction score

Was at the Target at Libbie Place and picked up the 2nd wave of Clone Wars and one of the IG-86 from Wave 3
They also had the Exclusive Target Commander Fox Helmet that is like the Plain White but with Fox's voice on it.
I picked up Ashoka, Oddball, and the IG-86.
There were a few of those left as well as the Galactic Heroes Sarlaac Pit box

BTW I will see you Troy at the TRU Event...laters

Reaction score

Thanks much man! Look forward to seeing you again! BTW, hit Wally/Midlo at lunch and the newest waves of TV's are starting to hit the area. I picked up a Tie Defender, Rebel Transport, Imperial Landing Craft, Droid Gunship, MTT. So if any of you are into those, start lookin. Happy Hunts!

Reaction score

I was down at Wally/Chester last night for vanilla wafers (of all things) and noticed they too had all the new Titaniums. Not on the pegs though but on a hanging endcap in a special TV's box. Happy Hunts!

Reaction score

TRU/Midlo had all of CW wave 3. The wire bin had probably 2 or 3 cases in it. I picked up Ventress & Dooku but the whole wave was there mostly in that metal bin where they just dump them all. Happy Hunts!

Reaction score

Was out at TRU/Midlo again today and noticed they had the Clone Wars Bust Ups sets. They also had a bunch of the new comic packs so I picked up the pack with the red & black Sith Witch. Also reminder that some of the 501st & Rebel Legion guys & gals will be out there this Saturday 11/22 Noon-2pm to promote the Toys for Tots campaign this Xmas. Come and buy a Star Wars toy to donate!!!

Reaction score

Went to Target Midlo last night and saw the Sarlacc BP as well as the new Clone Wars BP. I have to say-they're both awesome! Most definitely on my Christmas list.

Reaction score

Stopped into Target/FH on the way home last night for some errands and saw something pretty cool. Up front by the playing cards, they had a Boxed set of SW miniatures. Had about a dozen figs in it along with a large size Hailfire Droid and Clone Speeder. Looked good. Also had Obi & Yoda CW boxed sets with their respective troopers. I like those and think I'll put them on the Xmas list. Happy Hunts!

Reaction score

Hey folks, reminder to watch the Richmond Xmas parade on TV tomorrow 10am. The 501st and Rebel Legion will be marching with several droids as well. Should be about 50 of them. Its broadcast locally on Channel 6 our CBS affiliate here in Richmond but from what I'm told, it'll be broadcast on other stations around the state as well.