Richmond, VA Store Reports & General Chat 07 - 09

Reaction score
Richmond, VA Store Reports & General Chat 07 - 09

If I recall correctly, once a set of posts hits 500, we need to start a new line of posts.

So here it is!

BTW - I have seen nothing of Wave 1, or Wave 2 TAC. The last widespread wave of Saga is sitting on shelves now. I can't tell you how many Elite Clone's I've seen Peg warming.

Of course the only thing I'm looking for anymore is the McQuarrie figures.

YW

Reaction score
Re: Richmond, VA Store Reports & General Chat 2007

I hear ya - Walmart on Hull has TONS of the Appo wave and Wave 1 of the TAC. It's probably better to order the Mcfigs online.

Reaction score

Well, I hit TRU/West at lunch and lo & behold they had the new Titanium Ultras so I picked up the CW Gunship. Here's the stink of it though...$24.99! Ouch, thats way too much for these little ships. I think these are exclusive to TRU though so I imgine as they come in stock, they'll end up sittin there. Hit TRU/Midlo on the way back but nothing of interest.

Reaction score

Geez, yeah...24.99 really is a bit much. I cannot believe how rubbish FH Wal-Mart is. They had a couple cases of the Saga out and, really, that's it. Aside from the V-Wings, I think I am pretty excited for the new comic packs. Hopefully, they'll both be showing up soon.

Reaction score

I tell ya, outside of when ROTS came out, I have never found anything of interest at Wally/FH that hasnt already been found somewhere else long before. They seem to be real slow in stocking SW toys and when they do its very little. I would rank that particular store at the bottom with Kmart as far as the hunt goes. Now Wallys at Chester/Hull/Midlo are a whole different matter as they're on the regular hunt list! Dont know whats up with FH, the Targets always good though as are Chester/Midlo/Hull. KB at the mall is another one that ranks in the bottom.

Reaction score

Sorry for not posting earlier, as of 2:30 today Midlo TRU had one V-Wing, two Sith Infiltrators, and like 8 of the brown Bantha pack. They are on an endcap towards the back of the store. They also had one case of the new comic 2-packs. I bought one of each and 2 of the Obi/Alpha one. I hid the 2nd Quinlan Vos one b/c i thought ILS would want it. He doesn't so here's where it is. If you walk down the aisle from the SW figs there's some wrestling rings one the bottom shelf. There's two rows of one in kind of a purplish box it's behind the second row of them towards the Mcfarlane figs. I had both the V-Wing and Infiltrator in my hand, but since they were $24.99 and i was getting the comic packs i put the Infiltrator back. The gimp mask thing that comes w/ Obi is OK but it would be much cooler if it was a whole alternate head. If someone is dying for my 2nd Obi/Alpha pack i'll probably part with it, i was positive ILS wanted this one but he doesn't. I think these will be pretty easy to come by in the next month or so, but if they're not i have one for someone. TRU west end will probably have all of these items tomorrow, if they didn't already have them today. That's usually the pattern. Happy Hunting everyone.

Reaction score

Went by the Ashland Wal-Mart this AM (my nephew had a soccer game out that way). They had one Sith Infiltrator and one V-Wing. I snagged the Infiltrator, kinda wish i hadn't paid $24.99 for the V-Wing Friday at TRU. The Wally on Mechanicsville had nothing, the Target across the street had 2 Tantive IV BPs for $9.98 (they are on an endcap). Didn't go anywhere else. Oh Yeah, TGaines if you still need the Titanium Classic Cylon Raider i snagged you one this AM (in Ashland). If you want to PM me we can figure out a time and place to meet up. If you don't need it anymore no biggie. I won't mind keeping it, it's by far one of the most well done Titanium ships. Happy Hunting everyone.

Reaction score

PM sent, thanks! Gotta good look at those Tusken BP's at TRU
and no doubt they rock but the price? Ouch! $24.95 is where they should be or even $29.99 but $44? I think these will be sitting on the shelves awhile.

Reaction score

And you know-I am very okay with that. Don't get me wrong, I really would like a couple of Banthas on my shelf(I missed the earlier version), but right now, I'd rather pick up two V-Wings.

Reaction score

Hey T - there's a Race for the Cure in Powhatan coming up, and my buddy said he's trying to get the 501st to make an appearance - do you think you could do it?

Reaction score

PM me with the info and I'll check with our regional events coordinator. I know we've got events scheduled most every weekend for the next month. Also, ALL...I'd like to send a shoutout and a grand and glorious thank you to John for being in the right place at the right time over the past two days and hookin me up with killer swag! Thanks John! Can only hope I can pay ya back the favors at some future point!

Reaction score

Hey TGaines, no problem. I like looking for other people alot of times it means a trip isn't wasted. Earlier today at the Brook Road Target there were two V-Wings and half a case of wave two. I grabbed the one McFett, and both Biggs. All that was left was two Lukes and a Han. This is the second McFett i've seen and both of them have less than desirable paint apps. Also Midlo Target had one Sith Infiltrator. Both Targets i went to this AM had the new comic packs in the back (DPCI # 087-06-1991). Since i only want a second Quinlan Vos to open i figured i'd wait until they hit the pegs. I hope everyone has a good weekend, and happy hunting. -john s.

Reaction score

Wish I would have known about the Vos....target on Forest Hill had one left over there.....if you are lucky you might be able to get over there and [censored] it up.

Reaction score

So Target on FH put the comic packs out already? The reset isn't until the 27th. That means the end of the Saga pegs (finally!). John at Short Pump called me today and told me they had four or five cases of wave 2. Hopefully this means there'll be the same amount of peg space for TAC as there has been for Saga. He's off tomorrow but he'll be there Wed. during the day. I snagged an extra McFett this weekend if anyone needs it. Though they'll probably be evrywhere when Target resets. I can't believe i'm saying this but bring on Wave 3. Happy Hunting everyone.

Reaction score

ILS, the 501st will be making an appearance at the ACS Relay for Life at Powhatan Middle School 6/1/07 @ 7pm.
All are welcome to come out to help in the fight for Cancer.
We should have our man contacting your man in the very near future!

Reaction score

The VTAC figures have hit Richmond. I went to Short Pump thinking if anywhere was going to have them, they would. But no dice. I checked the DPCI # (087-06-1856) at Forest Hill, and they had them. A very nice girl in electronics went to the back and brought out a case. I'm not sure if this was all they had or not. I bought one of each and both Snowtroopers (1 for ILS). On my way home i went by the Midlo Target and the little red scanner said they had them in the back as well. Since i had already gotten a set i didn't bug anyone, but they have them if you want to make the trip. I'm not sure about Hull St. or Libbie. I figured we wouldn't see them until the end of the week or early next week because Arizona just got them yesterday. I'm going to open a Luke and a Snowtrooper right now, so i'll let you guys know what i think of them. They look even better than i had hoped. Happy Hunting everybody, boy i sure type long posts. -john s.

Reaction score

I'm telling all, Black Love is THE most intense and passionate scummer I've ever come across! If its out there, he'll probably find it first (lucky for us)! I did the Midlo rounds today (even hit Kmart) but saw nothing of interest to anyone. Lookin forward to seeing these new figs though. Ironic how you can still find the ones from last year at many Walmarts.

Reaction score

Thx Black Love for posting in the Norfolk forum. Grabbed myself a case today and another scummer was able to score as well.

Reaction score

Ok, that is VERY impressive. I really love the vintage Galactic Marine!

Reaction score

Was out at the Target on West Broad in Short Pump and they had all 6 of the Target exclusive Order 66 2 pks for $6.98
I also talked with John over in toys and he got me all 3 of the new Comic 2pks as well as a couple of the McQuarrie Boba Fetts right out of the box. He also had the Biggs, Rebel Guard, Death Star person, Han, and Luke in Ceremonial outfit.
I have an extra of the Fett if anyone wants to get it, just PM me if you are in Richmond.

Reaction score

ILS, you're holding out on us! Where's your famous Turkish rip off of the Hoth Snowie? I think he's called Blue Star or some such. You've still got him me thinks!

Reaction score

Havent had time to hunt very much as of late. Work has stolen all my available time. I found fifteen minutes to go to Walmart on Midlo last night, they had the comic packs out on the pegs but thats it, just a bunch of Tsc's clogging the isle. And by the way thanks to John S. for hiding that Vos pack at Toys R Us a couple of weeks ago, Im a huge Vos fan so I snagged it. Hopefully Ill get some time this weekend to go try and snag some of the Vtsc's.
Later

Reaction score

Both Fett's spoken for....thanks all

Reaction score

Midlo Wal-Mart had plenty of the Luke/Artoo, and Vos comic packs. No signs of wave 2. Also, a good amount of Bantha BP's at the ToysRUs in the WE. Good luck all. Oh, and that wave 4 looks really awesome-that'll be a fun hunt.

Reaction score

Right, I posted this over on the Transformers area, but I had to let the Richmond crew know as well, just in case. Forest Hill Wal-Mart has the new movie figs ready to be put out. I didn't ask anyone to open a case for fear someone might notice the big red street date stamp, so I am going to check back tomorrow morning. Sorry to temporarily get off topic..

Reaction score

Man, did ya checkout all that cool new swag on the front page! Lotsa good stuff coming our way. BTW, some friends and myself made the front page of the Flair section in the Richmond Times Dispatch for their article on the 30th anniversary today!

Reaction score

Hey TGaines, i saw you in the paper today. Good feature. It was very fair to SW fans, aside from the bi-line at the top of the front page. I haven't been doing much hunting lately. I'm waiting for the Vintage to show up en masse at WM and TRU. Otherwise i'd be spending an extra 2 bucks at Target right now. I think West End TRU got 2 cases of the vintage on Thursday, but i had to work. I think Midlo TRU got a case b/c ILS saw a few stragglers today. I'm pretty excited about alot of the stuff they're showing at CIV (Galactic Heroes, basic figs). But what blew me away was that ARC trooper BP that's a Target exclusive, mainly b/c of the astromech. If anyone is looking for anything let me know, i'll probably still hit a few stores this weekend. Happy Hunting and have a great holiday weekend. -john s.

Reaction score

Congrats on making some ink! I am really excited about some of the new stuff coming out. It is going to be a very active and expensive year. I've not really gotten into any of the mini-busts before, but I really love the clone commander line.

Reaction score

All,

toysrus.com had the VTAC figs online, and if you use google check-out, you get $10 off. I only bought 7 snowtroopers!!!!

Reaction score

This is probably old news to most of us but I hit TRU/Midlo earlier today and they had the Titanium Ultras, New Comic packs and the Sith Infiltrator & Vwing. Wally/Midlo had some old Unleashed Shadow Stormtroopers and Target/Midlo was a dust bin.

Reaction score
Celebration IV Gentle Giant Bustup Luke/Han

I was able to obtain the Luke/Han in stormtrooper disguise Bustup at CIV. The box is not in great shape only because that is the way I got it from Gentle Giant and I opened the box to make sure the figs inside were intact, which they are and are still sealed in plastic. I really dont want it now and am willing to part with it for cost which would be about $11 ($10 from the show plus tax) if anyone is interested please email me at jsweb3@comcast.net
First one through gets it. I can mail it to anywhere in VA at buyers expense or if you are in the Richmond area we can arrange to meet somewhere. Thanks

Reaction score

wow, what a day! The Wal-Mart at FH has wave 3-all except McChewie. I hid one of each in the clearance aisle, close to the end, on the right, behind the titanium arc fighter of all things. Midlo target, and toysrus as well as hull target all have the Saga Legends Wave 1 and all of the vintage figs. Hope this helps! Good luck!

Reaction score

Which Wally world are you referring to as FH?
I will have to check shortpump tonight. If anyone in Richmond grabs a McChewwie please hold one for me, I am good for the $$
Thanks
Please PM me if you have one extra that you will hold

Reaction score

Wal-Mart on Ironbridge Road (Chester) had about three cases of wave 3, and one case of wave two today. There was plenty of each left (except McChewy b/c i bought them for me and ILS). I also saw the remnants of Saga Legends wave 1 at Midlo Target (all but the battle droids, and the Shock Trooper). Midlo TRU had C3PO and R2 from the Legends wave. Anyone seen the "I Am Your Father" two pack? I'll stash anymore McChewies i see and post one here where they are. Happy Hunting everyone.

Reaction score

Sorry, Shivannd-it's on Forest Hill. It's usually a rubbish store, but occasionally, you get lucky.

Reaction score

Yeah...I have gotten lucky there too....
If anyone finds the McChewwie, please PM me and hold one. I am good for it. Thanks

Reaction score

All of VOTC and all of TAC Wave 3 are on the pegs at Target/FH. there were several McChewies on the pegs but I stashed one behind the Spider man plush dolls down on the bottom shelf. I woulda bought it for ya but I didnt have my CC on me and only had cash for the VOTC and gas for my truck! $100 burned! Happy Hunts!