Rhode Island Comic Con 2015

Reaction score
In the fourth year of RICC, I have to say this was the most fun I've had. Even though personally we didn't have any issues last year, we could tell this year's was much more organized then last years.

I went with a friend to the after party on Friday night where we dressed up. My friend dressed up as Spiderman, and I dressed up as Mario from the Mario Super Show (Lou Albano's portrayal of Mario). The after party was ok, nothing special. They had music going, you could buy drinks, ride a mechanical bull. I had the most fun just taking photos with other people in costumes. Brian O' Halloran also made an appearance, and my friend and I got a picture with him. He's best known as Dante from Clerks ("I'm not even supposed to be here today!").

On Saturday I went with a few other friends, just to the con itself. We didn't dress up or anything. There I took a picture with a life size R2-D2, which was controlled by a remote controller that looked like a PS3 controller, I met Garrick Hagon, who played Biggs Darklighter in A New Hope, and Charles Martinet who is the current voice actor for Mario. We ended the day by hijacking the Millennium Falcon.

Here are some pictures from Saturday. If anyone wants me to post the pictures from the after party from Friday night I will. There's not many, about 5 or 6.

With my co-pilot

The Delorean from Back to the Future. Marty and Doc must have stayed.

Meeting Garrick Hagon, who played Biggs Darklighter. I told him in Star Wars the space battles is what I'm into the most and said it was an honor to meet a pilot, so to speak. Also told him those deleted scenes in Anchorhead should have been left in, they were great, as was the acting, to which he agreed. Also told him I wish there was more of Biggs. I got a photo and autograph. Real nice guy.

"Dave, Garrick Hagon, "Biggs"

Meeting Charles Martinet, the current voice actor for Mario. A real nice guy. He did check his phone real quick once, but I did not get that cockiness or arrogance from him, I was comfortable talking with him. I've read many times he's a nice guy (and really is). It was the attendant that was with him, he seemed to rush me. I was a bit annoyed with him, I wanted to talk with Charles for a little bit at least. I still got to meet him though, get his autograph and some pics.

The amiibo figure he signed for me. He signed it as "Super Dave, you number one! - Mario" On one side he wrote "Whoo hoo!" and the other he wrote "Here we gooo!" Goofy but I love it.

Picked up the Disney Store AT-AT. Same size as an Action Fleet AT-AT but all metal. An awesome piece.

Lastly me and a few good friends of mine topped the day off piloting the Millennium Falcon

All in all a very fun day. As I said earlier, this was the most fun I've had since RICC started, and I definitely look forward to next year. It was much more organized this year, it took about 5-10 minutes to get in, which wasn't bad at all (also didn't feel like it either). Carrie Fisher was a last minute cancellation, but already has rescheduled for next year.

Did any fellow scummers attend RICC?

Reaction score
I did, and it was good, but I wouldn't say organized. We got there @ 9am and we got in fairly easily too, but we had advance passes. Crazy, but the line seemed like a mile or more easy wrapping around the city, but it flew by wicked fast. The staff was useless, not one question could be answered and if it was it was totally wrong. The celebrity stations locations were unclear and they had them in all kindsa crazy spots, (and only about a handful of the signers were punctual), which in turn had us walking in circles over and over-and I mean walking, they were miles apart between the arena and the main floor. Which bottlenecks the place and causes wasted space, time etc. and doing this for 20 years I've never seen so many people at this kinda event...madness!! The vendors were great though, and the merch was truly endless and every type of fandom was represented. I hope they bring back the TerrorCon there next summer-this year it was dropped, but last time was great. I will of course go back!!

Reaction score
Oh I totally agree. They need to fix a few things but compared to last year, it was much better. I went to the after party Friday night, I bought the tickets online for my friend and myself. They were will-call, we had no idea where to go to pick up the tickets. To be on the safe side, I printed out the receipt, even though it said that wouldn't let us in. I never picked up the tickets, but we got in from the receipt. The staff had no idea about the will-call tickets either. I was kind of getting nervous, I paid for the tickets and we're both in costume. Luckily we got in no problem.

While I was waiting in line with my friend who wanted to meet Kevin Conroy, there were quite a few people asking where the line for him was, so I can understand the concern there. The other gripe I had was with that staff member who was with Charles Martinet. I only met him and Garrick Hagon (Biggs) and Charles was the one I really wanted to talk to. He had no line, yet the staff member was rushing me ("What are we doing? Pictures and autograph? Who has the camera?") You pay money to get in, you pay to get pictures and autographs, at least let me talk for a few minutes. I could understand if there was a line but there wasn't. My Mom passed when I was 6, and she got me into Mario/Nintendo. I still play today because of her. So for me to meet Charles was a big deal for me, but unfortunately I couldn't show him my appreciation the way I wanted to. Charles is a nice guy though, no issues there. When I met Garrick there was nobody to bother us, and he was very kind and gentle.

Already looking forward to next year though.

Last edited: