Rey's Speeder with Rey (Jakku)

Reaction score
They even designed the foot pedals on her speeder to accommodate the 5POA figure, so they made it screen inaccurate just for the figure without knees. I have been thinking of trying to re-mount them in the right place. Not sure it can be done without making them really flimsy.
Despite the screen inaccuracy, I got Rey's Speeder - great vehicle, and the first TFA toy I've gotten. The figure would have been fine without arm articulation - as long as it had articulated knees so it could be placed on the vehicle properly....
I think I posted this in the BS Rey thread, but here is a pic of the SA figure on the speeder. It's the best I could do. The worst part was trying to get her hands on the handle bars.

Reaction score
Couldnt resist $13. Now looking forward to customizing it to be more display worthy.

Reaction score
Yeah, great pic! The toy really looks like it's floating. I paid full price for the Rey's Speeder I got, but am glad to hear of those collectors who are picking this up on sale - I'm glad I didn't wait, though, since this is a tough vehicle to find these days...

On a related note, it's hard to believe that these TFA toys first went on sale 8 months ago, in September 2015. He!!, that's close to a year ago...

Reaction score
I bought this at full price but had to return it. It was just too much for too little. At this clearance price, I think I'll bite.

(No price drop would make me pick up that Millenium Falcon, though. Not even 99%).

Reaction score
This one is clogging the shelves here, it's going to take a massive sale to get rid of them all.
This enough of a discount? My local store had this and a bunch of Kanan and the Y-wing Scout.

Reaction score
Unfortunately I just can't get the "sight" of what "I" see, when I look at that. Whether it's reminiscent of SW styling or not, it looks exactly like an Ice Cream Bar. I honestly don't know what buffoon came up with the idea for this, especially for SW a vehicle that could have become just as Iconic as Luke's Speeder.

Reaction score
The design has always seemed a little awkward to me. It actually feels more like a PT vehicle to me, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I've passed on it, but if I saw it for a fiver I'd pick it up.

Reaction score
Unfortunately I just can't get the "sight" of what "I" see, when I look at that. Whether it's reminiscent of SW styling or not, it looks exactly like an Ice Cream Bar. I honestly don't know what buffoon came up with the idea for this, especially for SW a vehicle that could have become just as Iconic as Luke's Speeder.
It was in the movie for ten seconds and did nothing remotely memorable. I think it's a stretch to say it would have been just as iconic as the landspeeder no matter how it looked.

Reaction score
This enough of a discount? My local store had this and a bunch of Kanan and the Y-wing Scout.
Only $5 for Rey's Speeder?! Unreal. It's still full price around here - that is, if you can find it. Hell, I may get a 2nd one I can find if on sale for $5 - though there was only 1 in the film, it's a great design.

Reaction score
Isn't that how a lot of the Star Wars ships ended up looking how they did? I'm thinking of the Millennium Falcon and Slave 1 particularly.

Reaction score
I'm not even too sure if I would fork out $5 for this vehicle. If only they didn't redesign the pedals so that it's not screen accurate just for the sake of putting a 5 POA figure on and if they actually tried to hid the screw holes, then maybe I would have considered this vehicle.

Reaction score
Isn't that how a lot of the Star Wars ships ended up looking how they did? I'm thinking of the Millennium Falcon and Slave 1 particularly.
Agreed - IIRC, the Falcon was based on a hamburger?! And, Slave I was based on the streetlights?! someone saw near the ILM studio?! I may be mis-remembering this...

Utinniii

Reaction score
I thought the Slave 1 was based on an elephant head. I don't remember why I think that.
I think a tractor is a possible influence for Rey's speeder.

Some ideas are resourceful (medical frigate is just staked model fodder, IG88 head = recycled prop), some are neat (potato and shoe in ESB) but some are just frustrating because we don't know if they are deliberate hints, or just jokes by the staff. Was the inclusion of Slave 1 in TFA foreshadowing or just an Easter Egg?

Reaction score
I thought the Slave 1 was based on an elephant head. I don't remember why I think that.
I think a tractor is a possible influence for Rey's speeder.

Some ideas are resourceful (medical frigate is just staked model fodder, IG88 head = recycled prop), some are neat (potato and shoe in ESB) but some are just frustrating because we don't know if they are deliberate hints, or just jokes by the staff. Was the inclusion of Slave 1 in TFA foreshadowing or just an Easter Egg?

When was Slave 1 in TFA? :wtf:

Reaction score
Thank you for the heads-up DJ121 : ) I can't believe the Maine Walmarts actually marked something down : ) I think Rey's pretty awesome , I can't wait to see her rock Kylo : )

Reaction score
*stares blankly at full price...pretty much everything at Bangor/Brewer wal-marts* ;)

Reaction score
Lando's in 3rd and Warf is blocked behind two Zartan's and an Imperial Biker Scout

Utinniii

Reaction score
THREE?? Now you are just rubbing it in!:p
I saw one once in retail for $250. And that was Canadian $$.

I'm content with my Land of the Jawas and Droid Factory play sets ... for now.

Thanks. I have so many custom Jawas and droids, just no home for them.

Reaction score
Only $5 for Rey's Speeder?! Unreal. It's still full price around here - that is, if you can find it. Hell, I may get a 2nd one I can find if on sale for $5 - though there was only 1 in the film, it's a great design.

I have an extra, if you are interested. There doesn't seem to be an option to PM you on your profile. Let me know

Reaction score
Thank you for the heads-up DJ121 : ) I can't believe the Maine Walmarts actually marked something down : ) I think Rey's pretty awesome , I can't wait to see her rock Kylo : )
You are welcome. Glad you were able to find one

*stares blankly at full price...pretty much everything at Bangor/Brewer wal-marts* ;)
Sorry Pete. Maybe your stores are just behind on their markdowns? The $5.00 speeders seem to be corporate wide.

It's kinda fun to see three Maine guys all post in the same forum! LOL

Reaction score
We definitely should start a Maine Group. I was stationed in Washington State for 6 years and had the wonderful opportunity to hang-put a few times with the Seattle Area Rebelscum group, it was great to talk to other people who understand, kind of like a support group and therapy session.

Reaction score
I see that Rey's Staff is bent for most people when they open this. Is this something that can be straightened out easily?

Reaction score
I see that Rey's Staff is bent for most people when they open this. Is this something that can be straightened out easily?
Just run hot water over it until it softens, then hold it straight and run cold water over it until it stiffens. If this doesn't work you may need to use a pot of boiling water instead.