Rey's Speeder with Rey (Jakku)

Reaction score
Phew, a repack of the flametrooper stormy is in wave 3, yipdy do yippie yi yah. This is the only figure i never been able to find. Had been thinking this figure was the one that got away, as if i'd never find it. Thank god for repacks.

Reaction score
Phew, a repack of the flametrooper stormy is in wave 3, yipdy do yippie yi yah. This is the only figure i never been able to find. Had been thinking this figure was the one that got away, as if i'd never find it. Thank god for repacks.
This isn't a jab or anything, but did you post this in the wrong thread?

Reaction score
^ Ah I did not read the three or four comments before the last one here. Oops.

Also stupid no edit feature.

Reaction score
For anyone wondering what inspired Rey's speeder, it's Luke's speeder turned sideways.

Reaction score
The "Rey with Speeder" pack i've seen (out of the box on display) looked a bit better than the one in that photo. The Rey Speeder i've seen had exactly the same sculpt overall but the color of it's main body-panel/s was a tawny brown as opposed to the bland-looking boring plastic brown in that photo. When I saw the one in your photo I thought from memory that it doesn't look as impressive as I remember, so now I checked my photos on my phone and sure enough the one here is a slightly different color looking more realistic and true to the appearance in TFA.

Reaction score
The "Rey with Speeder" pack i've seen (out of the box on display) looked a bit better than the one in that photo. The Rey Speeder i've seen had exactly the same sculpt overall but the color of it's main body-panel/s was a tawny brown as opposed to the bland-looking boring plastic brown in that photo. When I saw the one in your photo I thought from memory that it doesn't look as impressive as I remember, so now I checked my photos on my phone and sure enough the one here is a slightly different color looking more realistic and true to the appearance in TFA.
Where did you see one on display, because I've seen several of these, including my own and they all look like the one in the Photo Archives.

Reaction score
Where did you see one on display, because I've seen several of these, including my own and they all look like the one in the Photo Archives.
At the Myer center here in Melbourne. A major retailer here in Australia. Problem even bigger than Walmart from what I can tell. I have no idea if Myer is in America. Anyway, it was definitely a different color, closer to bronze-brown than plain beige brown, honestly, and I don't think it was a one-off, I think there's a chance that it's simple from a different batch.

Reaction score
finally got this today ordered it online since i cant find it anywhere. i love it :) its pretty nicely detailed. now i need to get her Disney die-cast speeder. :)

Reaction score
After seeing the movie, this was THE must have vehicle for me. Finally tracked one down about a week ago. It's a fun little thing, not bad for a movie year toy geared for a general demographic. I know that most guys here prefer our vehicles model like but this one isn't bad. I'm glad to have it.

Reaction score
I still want this but that 25 dollar price tag makes me back off every time...especially when just a few years ago this would have been like a 15 dollar toy. The positive reviews make me really want to just dive in and grab it though......

Reaction score
I still want this but that 25 dollar price tag makes me back off every time...especially when just a few years ago this would have been like a 15 dollar toy. The positive reviews make me really want to just dive in and grab it though......
It's $12.49 at Kroger/Fred Meyer.

Reaction score
I was finally able to find one of these at TRU and I think the only reason it was still on the shelf was because it had a battered box. I'm going to open the Speeder up to see if the foot pedals are one long piece that runs through the body of the vehicle or if they are two separate pieces. No matter what I am going to put them in their correct position so Rey can look right riding it.
Are the handlebars in the correct position or should they be horizontal? I have only seen TFA once and I cannot remember what they looked like (for shame...), and I can't seem to find clear photos online.

Reaction score
picked up one of these to customize. I think it needs a lot more weathering and discoloring.
I'm not particularly bothered about that but I could have done without the gun gimmick and I would have preferred a stand as opposed to sticking on some extra bits to let it stand.

Reaction score
I'm currently looking for some kind of black nylon netting, from a produce bag or a hair net perhaps, that I can replace the awful beige netting with.

Reaction score
Looks great, Winsto.
Although, it looks a bit too high up. But great for displaying!

Wish Hasbro would help us out and include or even offer displays/stands for our vehicles.

Reaction score
I'm currently looking for some kind of black nylon netting, from a produce bag or a hair net perhaps, that I can replace the awful beige netting with.
you could always buy a pair of fishnet pantyhose/tights from a local Walmart or Target and cut them to the size net you are looking for. I bought a pair of these at Walmart and they actually work really well. I think I spent $4.00 on the pair. I'm also planning on drybrushing a mixture of black and brown paint across the speeder to give a more weathered / beat-up look as well.

Reaction score
I was finally able to find one of these at TRU and I think the only reason it was still on the shelf was because it had a battered box. I'm going to open the Speeder up to see if the foot pedals are one long piece that runs through the body of the vehicle or if they are two separate pieces. No matter what I am going to put them in their correct position so Rey can look right riding it.
Are the handlebars in the correct position or should they be horizontal? I have only seen TFA once and I cannot remember what they looked like (for shame...), and I can't seem to find clear photos online.
Are there 2 different kinds of foot pedals on this vehicle? Was there a running change?

Reaction score
Here is my modified Rey speeder with new netting. I used fishnet stockings for the nets.

Looks great! I'm working on something similar to this but with a more weathered look for the Speeder and I want to see if I can scrap off the built on starship parts and substitute them for various accessory parts from older SW figures.

Reaction score
I haven't picked up Rey's speeder yet, but plan on doing so soon. I'm a late-comer to collecting TFA since I was initially against getting anything due to not wanting to spend money/room on another line. However, I don't think picking up a couple of cool never-before-made vehicles will be that big of a deal. And, one of the reasons I have held off on getting this vehicle is because I don't like the Rey figure that comes with this - she's 5 POA, and looks very awkward on the speeder since the figure's knees don't bend.

Nerfherder, great custom there. I had a question - is that Rey figure w/bendable knees (that's on the vehicle in the pic.) modified from another figure?! I don't think there's a Rey figure out now with bendable knees - but I could be wrong. Thanks!

Reaction score
I haven't picked up Rey's speeder yet, but plan on doing so soon. I'm a late-comer to collecting TFA since I was initially against getting anything due to not wanting to spend money/room on another line. However, I don't think picking up a couple of cool never-before-made vehicles will be that big of a deal. And, one of the reasons I have held off on getting this vehicle is because I don't like the Rey figure that comes with this - she's 5 POA, and looks very awkward on the speeder since the figure's knees don't bend.

Nerfherder, great custom there. I had a question - is that Rey figure w/bendable knees (that's on the vehicle in the pic.) modified from another figure?! I don't think there's a Rey figure out now with bendable knees - but I could be wrong. Thanks!
that's the Walmart exclusive Black Series Rey figure on the speeder.

Reaction score
I just wish they would've made the figure more screen accurate - she didn't wear the coverings over her face when she was on the speeder, just the head gear.

Reaction score
that's the Walmart exclusive Black Series Rey figure on the speeder.
Thanks for the clarification. I've never seen that figure, and haven't been following TBS that much these days. I don't like the fact that you can't just buy the Speeder & use the figure it comes with - but have to buy another figure in addition to the speeder in order to get it to look right (i.e., to have a figure w/bended knees).

For crying out loud, the TPM Darth Maul figure that came with the Sith Speeder came with bended knees, and that toy came out 17 years ago (1999)...

Reaction score
I've never seen that figure, and haven't been following TBS that much these days. I don't like the fact that you can't just buy the Speeder & use the figure it comes with - but have to buy another figure in addition to the speeder in order to get it to look right (i.e., to have a figure w/bended knees).

For crying out loud, the TPM Darth Maul figure that came with the Sith Speeder came with bended knees, and that toy came out 17 years ago (1999)...
They even designed the foot pedals on her speeder to accommodate the 5POA figure, so they made it screen inaccurate just for the figure without knees. I have been thinking of trying to re-mount them in the right place. Not sure it can be done without making them really flimsy.

Reaction score
They even designed the foot pedals on her speeder to accommodate the 5POA figure, so they made it screen inaccurate just for the figure without knees. I have been thinking of trying to re-mount them in the right place. Not sure it can be done without making them really flimsy.
Wow - very sloppy on Hasbro's part. You would think that they at least would have made the vehicle screen accurate for those of us who were going to get the TBS Rey figure.

Reaction score
Despite the screen inaccuracy, I got Rey's Speeder - great vehicle, and the first TFA toy I've gotten. The figure would have been fine without arm articulation - as long as it had articulated knees so it could be placed on the vehicle properly....

Reaction score
Made a new net for the speeder. Revoltech joints fit the holes perfectly.