Rey - Starkiller Base

Reaction score
Think again.
Think again. Hasbro's paint has been pretty bad across the board of late, but to charge $15 for paint apps that bad takes super Wampa danglers. Both Han Carbonite and Leia Boushh have been consistently brutal in this last wave.

This is something that Hasbro SERIOUSLY needs to address before they produce another $15 SA figure.

Reaction score
That middle one still cracks me up. How'd that ever get approved?! :wtf:

Reaction score
Yeah, it looks like one of those awkward "I had to sneeze right as the camera was flashing to take my driver's license pic" photos. :grin:

Reaction score
I'd like to, but it kills me that Han Carbonite can't catch a break in the 3 3/4 format.

Misfit toy x 3. :(

Anyway, back to Rey Starkiller….
Good Satan those are hideous! Please tell me you burned them with fire.

Reaction score
I think LFL was shown one wearing the goggles, so it slipped through because nobody asked for the goggles to be taken off.;)

Reaction score
..and even though he's the worst of the three, he still looks most like Ford...

Reaction score
And in there lies the epic fail. The worst looking figure, is the one that most looks like the Actor. :rolleyes:
Get rid of that silly grimace/smirk, and crazy hair. And you've got a decent face sculpt. Though sadly, it would still be on the worst body ever. That figure was all kinds of wrong!

Reaction score
I found the Rey this morning. Very nice figure- happy to add her to the collection!

Reaction score
I had a chance to grab this figure last night, but was really disappointed in the face app quality. I looked at two of them and decided to let someone else get them. I really wish Hasbro had better quality control.....

Reaction score
This is one of only three figures I picked up today. Quite happy with how she's turned out. Looking forward to picking up the speeder set and hopefully, eventually, an SA version.

Reaction score
Went through three of her before I found one with a perfect paint app. She looks good. For what she is, I'm pretty happy. Good sculpt and good likeness if you can find one with good eyes.

Reaction score
I found one with decent eyes. Luckily there were 3 because the first one looked like the eyes were painted by a dolphin

Reaction score
The first couple I grabbed had blue marks. Looked like bruises on her face. Or maybe it was the ultra-rare battle damaged versions I saw. I could have made a fortune no ebay selling the variant. Curses. ;)

Reaction score
I found a Rey with perfect paint apps and likeness. 1 out of 4 there. She's perfect.

Reaction score
Let it go....
Can't hold it back any moooore...

Seriously, Disney missed out on some great cross-promotion by not playing up the snow angle for this Rey figure. Rey with ice magic is no more ridiculous than those "armor up!" figures.

This one is a nice figure though. It was the only figure that I was able to get at MM, but it was one of my most wanted figures. Got the rest of what I wanted this morning.

Reaction score
The backpack on this is impossible to put on. If course I assume it is a backpack. At least my daughter likes it without the backpack

Reaction score
I got a good one. This was one of the only figures I really wanted, so I'm happy. I also want the card art on a poster.

Reaction score
This might be my favorite of the first wave... just edging out Kylo and Finn... the bag accessory is really neat and the sculpt is great.

They should have included more stuff like the bag rather than the build a weapon stuff... think kids would be more interested in those than the unrealistic BAW parts.

Reaction score
Despite the 5POA, I liked the sculpt on this figure and the head piece looks pretty good.

Didn't pull the trigger on this (for now) as I needed to money to take care of my current chase of the 6" figures...

GNT

Reaction score
It took a while but I found one that had perfect painted eyes looking forward, I didn't want one looking to her left or her right like most of them are.

Reaction score
Please remove that Rey from the BMF. It was designed for and belongs in the new TFA falcon. If hasbro wanted TFA figures in the BMF, they would have re released it with updates. Now remove that TFA immediately!!!

Reaction score
If they wanted her in the new falcon they'd have released it!

Reaction score
How the hell did my iPhone change mourning to morning
Siri, that B&*#H. Watch out for her, or she'll share you info with Ashley Madison too! ;)

That Rey looks pretty good. Every one I've seen has had issues.

Reaction score
I just realized something. Isn't this the same outfit Rey is wearing on Jakku minus a headscarf and goggles, yet they are calling it "Starkiller Base"? I'm not so concerned about the naming convention, but that ice planet looks pretty cold. Doesn't anyone offer her a damn jacket in the movie?!

Reaction score
Anyone know if there were 2 different places the Rey 3 3/4" fig was made, or if there was a change during production? The reason I ask... I have 2 Rey figs and both look completely different. One looks like it has really fine details on the face and hair, especially the EYES. The other appears to have really "basic" paint apps, PLUS on the one with the more basic paint apps, her right hand is almost completely filled in. This second figure appears to be just really shoddy. ??

Anyone else seeing this?

Reaction score
Bought this fig and Phasma on Force Friday. I figured even if nothing else, it's a pretty good headsculpt. (Looks like a better Bastilla Shan almost!) She also reminded me a lot of a pirate.

Reaction score
I just realized something. Isn't this the same outfit Rey is wearing on Jakku minus a headscarf and goggles, yet they are calling it "Starkiller Base"? I'm not so concerned about the naming convention, but that ice planet looks pretty cold. Doesn't anyone offer her a damn jacket in the movie?!
Well it looks like Poe and Finn are having to share a jacket, maybe sensible outerwear is in short supply?

Reaction score
Ha! I guess so!

Seriously, though, I'm surprised our new heroes don't change outfits more often. The OT and PT characters, especially the females, were good for 2-4 per film.

GNT

Reaction score
Well it looks like Poe and Finn are having to share a jacket, maybe sensible outerwear is in short supply?
I believe it's a style of jacket the Resistance wears and isn't exclusive to Finn or Poe, other characters may have the same jacket as well :)

Reaction score
Must be Star Wars in universe version of a pilot jacket.