Rey - Starkiller Base

GNT

Reaction score

So we know a 6" Black Series version is coming but what about the 3.75" line, discuss your thoughts on a 3.75" version of her here.

Who's up for a 3.75 Rey figure?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sure. Hasbro has to be willing to make it---and in (mostly) SA---for me to bite, though...

Reaction score
Bit too Luke-ish if you ask me. Looks more interesting with the hood and goggles. What is it about these desert planets, they all have the same fashion sense?

And repeating the fantasy cliché that girls with weapons carry a staff.

Again, interested only if not 5poa.

Reaction score
I would really like to get a Rey figure, but only if it's 3.75" SA (mostly SA). If they go only 5 POA, then they can Forget about me buying this figure.

Reaction score
I'll definitely buy a Rey figure in the 3.75" scale, but only if she is 5POA. Not interested in what would most likely end up being an overpriced, jointy mess if they made her super-articulated.

That actually applies to all TFA figures across the board. If we get 5POA figures, at $5-$6 apiece, then I might go nuts collecting this line.

Reaction score
I'll definitely buy a Rey figure in the 3.75" scale, but only if she is 5POA. Not interested in what would most likely end up being an overpriced, jointy mess if they made her super-articulated.

That actually applies to all TFA figures across the board. If we get 5POA figures, at $5-$6 apiece, then I might go nuts collecting this line.
2 questions for you, BB:

1. When you are picturing an SA Rey, are you picturing something like the newest Dagobah Training Luke?

2. What if the 5 POA TFA figures cost $8, 9, 10, will you still buy them?

Reaction score
As a main character, she'll undoubtedly get a figure, let's hope it's a good one.

Regarding the 5POA / SA ever-ending debate... I like 5 POA, but hope TFA gets a 3.75" SA line as well/first.

Reaction score
2 questions for you, BB:

1. When you are picturing an SA Rey, are you picturing something like the newest Dagobah Training Luke?

2. What if the 5 POA TFA figures cost $8, 9, 10, will you still buy them?
1. No, I'm picturing every super-articulated figure that I bought from 2004 through 2014. There were a few great figures made during that decade, but most of the time the articulation hurt the look of the figure more than improved it.

2. One of the bonuses to this line is the price tag, I've been pretty up front about that. $5-$6 per figure is definitely within my impulse buying threshold. I don't think I would enjoy the figure as much if they were $10 each, but that was true for the SA figures as well. Still, if they kept up the level of quality that we've seen in their most recent 5POA offerings, I would still buy the occassional figure at a higher price. I would simply be more intentional about my choices and would be much less likely to cave in to impulse purchases like I am now.

Even now, though, I'm not buying up every figure I see. I only own a total of six 5POA figures from the Saga Legends/Mission Series lines. I've passed over way more than I've purchased.

Reaction score
I like the SA figures myself. Yeah, I'm going to get this figure if they throw in her backpack and staff thingy.

Reaction score
2. One of the bonuses to this line is the price tag, I've been pretty up front about that. $5-$6 per figure is definitely within my impulse buying threshold.
Even now, though, I'm not buying up every figure I see. I only own a total of six 5POA figures from the Saga Legends/Mission Series lines. I've passed over way more than I've purchased.
Interesting. So, now the really difficult question.

Your willing to pay $5-6 even as an Impulse buy, yet you have been able to pass over a lot of figures and only have six 5 POA figures. For a lot of People at that Impulse Price, I'd them to have a lot more figures. Do you have such a strong will or do you take time to think about the figure a bit before actually making the purchase?

Reaction score
Interesting. So, now the really difficult question.

Your willing to pay $5-6 even as an Impulse buy, yet you have been able to pass over a lot of figures and only have six 5 POA figures. For a lot of People at that Impulse Price, I'd them to have a lot more figures. Do you have such a strong will or do you take time to think about the figure a bit before actually making the purchase?
I've been collecting almost non-stop for over 20 years now, so I've learned that none of this stuff is really necessary for my happiness or any real sense of fulfillment in life. This is just a hobby that's supposed to be fun and if I try to make it any more than that, then burn out usually follows shortly thereafter. So, my basic rule of collecting right now is that if I can't get excited about the purchase at the point of sale, then I don't make the purchase. Also, after two decades of practice, I've gotten really good at talking myself out of purchases and discerning between toys that I actually want and toys that I only think I want.

Reaction score
I agree with the impulse price point, but even trying to be more selective personally I have had a hard time passing up OT SL figures. So far the only figure I definitely don't want is Lando in skiff guard disguise. All the others have just been too fun to pass. Definitely takes me back to the POTF2/POTJ days. Collecting became tiresome with the Attack of the Clones/Saga line.

Reaction score
I've been collecting almost non-stop for over 20 years now, so I've learned that none of this stuff is really necessary for my happiness or any real sense of fulfillment in life. This is just a hobby that's supposed to be fun and if I try to make it any more than that, then burn out usually follows shortly thereafter. So, my basic rule of collecting right now is that if I can't get excited about the purchase at the point of sale, then I don't make the purchase. Also, after two decades of practice, I've gotten really good at talking myself out of purchases and discerning between toys that I actually want and toys that I only think I want.
Interesting method. I would have thought taking more time to think about things would make the decision easier. However, your method probably works best. As you said, you've taken enough time before Hand to prepare for how you Need to react to something. Also, if you walk away from something that you really want, then you might not find it again.

Reaction score
Also, if you walk away from something that you really want, then you might not find it again.
That's the beauty of eBay. I never really feel like I can't get something again. Yes, I might have to pay a little more but when looking at that ebay price, I really question again how much I want the figure. Telling myself I can always get it again helps me pass it over and then I find myself not resorting to ebay most of the time. So I guess I really didn't want that figure. :)

Reaction score
While true, sometimes it's more costly that way. Than just grabbing it when you see it. At least every instance I have passed on something. For me it's not necessarily wanting or not wanting the figure, as I have two collecting styles.
Most items I have no interest in collection wise, often have uses for customs. But I don't always see their usefulness til much later. Hence why I'd pass, only to regret it later. Because that figure had the part I needed. lol

That is why I adopted the buy it now approach. If I need it, I have it w/o overpaying for parts. If I don't, I can always trade it or offload it on ebay. Though it does backfire, as I have a few boxes of unused figures since Legacy days.

Reaction score
I love the way you are so positive and yet know precisely nothing.

I would presume you are going by the white on the card? That means Kylo Ren is the Dagobah one because he matches Luke.

Nonsense.

Reaction score
What's telling about the "Starkiller Base" identifier is that it suggests Rey may actually have more than one costume in this film. So far all the photos and video footage of her suggested she wears the same costume through the whole movie -- which is a refreshing (and money saving) change from the numerous Queen Amidala/Padme figures in the prequel trilogy. But if they're referring to this as the "Starkiller Base" Rey, then maybe there's at least one more Rey outfit yet to be seen in the film -- and a figure to eventually go with it. :)

Reaction score
I'm starting to think that they are purposely making the 3.75 figures a little less detailed so that us detail guys will move on up to the 6" versions...

Reaction score
Rey is maybe my favorite of what we've seen, but I really hope we get an SA version of her.

BTW, where is BB-8?

Reaction score
Rey is maybe my favorite of what we've seen, but I really hope we get an SA version of her.

BTW, where is BB-8?
No droids at all... come to think of it... maybe they are all in mission series... or BB-8 is packed with the X-wing?

GNT

Reaction score
BB-8 will most likely be on his own card with connecting accessory piece, he seems like a larger droid in the recent set picture.

Reaction score
Still not liking the face. I think this figure looks bad with the 5 POA. For me, more noticeable than others.

Reaction score
Good looking figure - I like the outfit and the weapon, I'm just hoping the deco is on par with Finn, its hard to tell from the ebay images. Have loose shots been posted anywhere?