Rey Resistance Outfit

Reaction score
Tucson, wretched hive of scum and villany
I really wish Hasbro would get their distribution issues fixed. I've been trying to track this figure down for my daughter for 3 months with no luck. They're getting just enough out to feed the scalpers and clog the pegs with Poe's and resistance troopers. I've had this figure in my Amazon cart (for 7.99) only to have it sell out every time before I can complete check out. This is so freaking frustrating. If collectors can't get what their after, their a lot of unhappy colletors, but when kids who actually want to play with the toys can't get them its just depressing.

Reaction score
I really wish Hasbro would get their distribution issues fixed. I've been trying to track this figure down for my daughter for 3 months with no luck. They're getting just enough out to feed the scalpers and clog the pegs with Poe's and resistance troopers. I've had this figure in my Amazon cart (for 7.99) only to have it sell out every time before I can complete check out. This is so freaking frustrating. If collectors can't get what their after, their a lot of unhappy colletors, but when kids who actually want to play with the toys can't get them its just depressing.

Try turning on buy with 1 click....that's how i got mine.

Reaction score
I found shiny forehead Rey at target, prob why it was the last one.
Guess I was lucky my eBay purchase had imo better paint application.
The one on the right looks a lot like the figures coming from one of our favorite overseas ebay sellers.

Reaction score
BB-8 single card ?

Sorry for the non-Rey post, but anyone else see this? Is this a pack-in, or a soon-to-be single-carded BB-8 ?

Reaction score
I really like that BB-8, I would definitely pick that up! I just wish it came with his lighter as an accessory but I guess that would be asking too much.

Reaction score
Definitely too detailed to be a 3.75 version. If they made one that looked like that, I'd buy it and have no problem paying full figure price for it.

Reaction score
I'll have to post a photo later but I picked her up the other day, and the way she is posed in the blister makes it look like she's saying 'Who are YOU looking at???'

Reaction score
Amazon.com has her back in stock- at $15.77- I guess even Amazon is getting in on the scalping now. :mad:

Note- this is an Amazon price and not a third party seller.
Just checked and Han is the same. Hassk thug is $11.93 from Amazon too. Looks like Amazon is now just matching whatever the lowest third party seller has their price set at. This sucks. Can't get them in stores because of the scalpers and now the online stores are starting to scalp their own product.

Reaction score
Amazon.com has her back in stock- at $15.77- I guess even Amazon is getting in on the scalping now. :mad:

Note- this is an Amazon price and not a third party seller.
It IS a 3rd party seller but FULFILLED by Amazon, so it's NOT AMAZON SCALPING. By being fulfilled by AMAZON, listings then are eligible for Prime benefits and free shipping w/ min. purchase as if it was sold directly from AMAZON.

I wish AMAZON would have stricter rules on 3rd party seller's prices like maybe "if we are fullfilling your orders, you cannot exceed our prices by X%" and "you cannot buy item from us then immediately relist it for resale for us to re-fullfill until X days"...( i'm just making these up off top of my head w/o real business thought behind it). However, this here is a prime example of how mislead, or misread, information can make AMAZON look bad

Reaction score
...however, after posting above, i did look at more figs and it does seem unkar and han are 15.77 directly from amazon, so...who know what amazon is doing. Hopefully it's a typo error and if anyone wants to by direct from amazon can contact amazon via chat and tactfully inquire about the scalping prices.

I'm glad i got all i needed from amazon for MSRP and am done w/ TFA until Maz set (which is on amazon from a scalper for $120 + $20 s/h eta 6/30-- that's the kind of listings Amazon needs to terminate) and new TBS 4" hits.

Reaction score
...however, after posting above, i did look at more figs and it does seem unkar and han are 15.77 directly from amazon, so...who know what amazon is doing. Hopefully it's a typo error and if anyone wants to by direct from amazon can contact amazon via chat and tactfully inquire about the scalping prices.

I'm glad i got all i needed from amazon for MSRP and am done w/ TFA until Maz set (which is on amazon from a scalper for $120 + $20 s/h eta 6/30-- that's the kind of listings Amazon needs to terminate) and new TBS 4" hits.

I tried to chat with them with no luck. That price is the new price apparently. Resistance Rey sold through about 20 figures at the $16 price over about two hours so I doubt Amazon has any desire to drop their prices now either. The real problem is Hasbro needs to get their crap together and fix distribution. Every time someone buys from a scalper, its that much less they spend on other figures which in the long run will kill lines off- like what happened with the Vintage Collection.

Reaction score
I hope this is an error, if Amazon is scalping like WM, I'll have to stop further purchases with them. Each time a frantic collector buys from scalpers, it sends the wrong message. We lost a bunch of collectors when figures hit $10, if a 5 POA line were to do the same, it would likely ruin any affordability associated with the line, which at $8 is already pushing it...

Reaction score
I hope this is an error, if Amazon is scalping like WM, I'll have to stop further purchases with them. Each time a frantic collector buys from scalpers, it sends the wrong message. We lost a bunch of collectors when figures hit $10, if a 5 POA line were to do the same, it would likely ruin any affordability associated with the line, which at $8 is already pushing it...
5POA TFA figures are $14 equivalent in the UK.

Reaction score
Came here to post about the same thing. And this was Amazon doing the price gouging for some reason, not a third party seller. When I clicked the image of the figure, it linked to a third party seller, but Amazon's price was listed to the side and it was the same $15+ price. This is annoying, but I've gotta assume that in a few months, these figures will be less in demand and available at retail.

Reaction score
I'm disappointed. Every time she came up on amazon for retail it was like at 1am or some other ridiculous hour over the last few weeks. Now, when I catch her in stock she's at at $16. I'm gonna keep waiting and hopefully she'll come back down. I haven't paid scalper prices for any new releases and I don't want to start with this.

Reaction score
And Amazon (not third party) has her again- for $15.77 again. This is ridiculous. Whatever happened to using the MSRP?

When Hasbro finds out they'll want in on the $$$ and raise their price and then we'll have idiots paying $30 for 5POS figures and it will increase exponentially until Hasbro figures and Hot Toys figures are the same price then Disney will make them all exclusives and we'll all have to start collecting Ferraris insead because it will be cheaper. UGHHHHH.:p

Reaction score
I really thought people were mistaken with a prime eligible 3rd party seller but wow, amazon is really scalping. Unreal.

Reaction score
I refuse to pay those prices for a 5 POA figure. Still have yet to see here at retail in my area at all, but I know she's been out. I've seen the left overs from her wave a couple times now. I went through a friend who was kind enough to make a trade on my behalf, just so I could scratch this one off my want list.

Reaction score
I really hope it's some kind of mistake or glitch...because this would really suck. I rely on Amazon for almost all of my collecting at this point and I ONLY buy from Amazon proper.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I really hope it's some kind of mistake or glitch...because this would really suck. I rely on Amazon for almost all of my collecting at this point and I ONLY buy from Amazon proper.
It does suck and I doubt its going to be back to normal anytime soon. They've sold through at least 60+ of Resistance Rey at the $16 price. Not a good sign for things to come, but I refuse to give in to scalper prices, especially when its the retailers doing it. Why would they lower the price when they sell like crazy at a much higher profit margin? I blame Hasbro for dropping the ball on getting figures out in decent quantities. Worst part is I don't even collect the 5POA garbage, but my 5 year old daughter wants this figure and I still haven't been able to find it at retail prices after 3 months.

Reaction score
Resistance Rey Custom Satchel

Custom satchel I made for the Resistance Rey figure, using a doubled-over brown iron-on patch fused to itself + a thin leather strap sewn on to the bag with a running stitch. Buckle implied with metallic enamel paint pen.

link to full size: http://i.imgur.com/0qCQr62.jpg

Reaction score

Custom satchel I made for the Resistance Rey figure, using a doubled-over brown iron-on patch fused to itself + a thin leather strap sewn on to the bag with a running stitch. Buckle implied with metallic enamel paint pen.

link to full size: http://i.imgur.com/0qCQr62.jpg
looks great. awesome work. I like the look of the frayed strap on her staff as well. great stuff

Reaction score
My attempt at a custom satchel for Rey. I used movie stills from a few angles to get as close as I can to the look and color. Made of paper and acrylic paint.

Reaction score
Saw two Resistance Rey at north Lincoln Wal-Mart tonight. Looks like they finally restocked. They also had two Han and two Hassk.

Interesting. First, I've heard of it hitting Wal-Mart since it was initially accidentally revealed. Can only hope it showing up at more places than Target will lead to me at least stumbling upon it at a Wal-Mart or Toys R Us eventually.