Rey - Jakku

GNT

Reaction score
New pictures have surfaced online of the new Rey Jakku figure that'll be released in 2016 in the new Rogue One packaging:

Anyone going to pick up this version of Rey?

Reaction score
I will for her head, just so I can pop it on one of the articulated Reys.

Reaction score
After a long period of no new reveals, it's nice to see something new, and a sign that there will continue to be new 5POA figures that are not based on the next upcoming movie. Hopefully there will be something new from the prequels and original trilogy too. I'll get this figure, but would have preferred if it were Rey with the jacket on.

Reaction score
I like the consistency of the package with the design from TFA. I can't wait to see more!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Man I love repacks that aren't even a year old!
Good old Hasbro doesn't even give you any time to miss her...

Reaction score
Glad to finally see this version with the scarf down and the goggles up. But of course they screwed this one up by giving her ungloved hands...
I get that this is (more than likely) a kitbash of the first Rey, but they could've at least used the arms from the speeder pack-in Rey.

Reaction score
Rey is turning into the Tattoine Luke Skywalker of the Hasbro 3.75" TFA figures. Already we've had:

TFA Rey unmasked - carded 5 POA

TFA Rey masked - pack-in with her speeder

TFA Rey unmasked TBS (articulated)

And now, this new figure. All in the same outfit!

Reaction score
This is a smart release--Rey does not stick around on pegs for long at all. It's new enough for collectors while still offering the character to kids and new fans.

GNT

Reaction score
Rey is turning into the Tattoine Luke Skywalker of the Hasbro 3.75" TFA figures. Already we've had:

TFA Rey unmasked - carded 5 POA

TFA Rey masked - pack-in with her speeder

TFA Rey unmasked TBS (articulated)

And now, this new figure. All in the same outfit!
Not everyone collects each version. Hasbro has to keep her on shelves to keep selling, if she's in the RO first assortment then she's still a few more months away from being released.

Reaction score
Honestly, the only time Rey was scarce. Was the beginning. I see her everywhere I go now, in various packaging. There's always at least one single figure, along with the latest Maz set.

And by the time this hits, most of us will be more interested in getting Jyn Erso and her band of misfits. Plus we should be looking forward to all new Rey for EP8 next year!

That female take on Luke's ANH Tatooine look never did anything for me. So i'm anxious to see her in something more visually striking.

Reaction score
I don't think this is a bad figure, its just a bit plain considering its a retool. They took an existing body and put a new head & scarf on it. I would have liked some dirty paint deco and some new accessories at least. How about packing in that small sand worm instead of that ridiculous blaster contraption? If Hasbro wants collectors to buy the same character multiple times, each one should be executed with enough newness to warrant another purchase.

Reaction score
Get used to it. They are going to re-hash her in that outfit until at least Ep 8.

GNT

Reaction score
If Hasbro wants collectors to buy the same character multiple times, each one should be executed with enough newness to warrant another purchase.
Hasbro doesn't care about collectors anymore :p They know most collectors will still pick this version up regardless if there's anything new or not. Overall she didn't change that much in TFA so there's not much they can do with her Jakku outfit. After everyone complained they couldn't find her it's a great move by Hasbro to keep her in retail circulation durning the next movie release.

Reaction score
Hasbro doesn't care about collectors anymore :p They know most collectors will still pick this version up regardless if there's anything new or not. Overall she didn't change that much in TFA so there's not much they can do with her Jakku outfit. After everyone complained they couldn't find her it's a great move by Hasbro to keep her in retail circulation during the next movie release.
Pretty much. A quick glance at Amazon has

-rey jakku snow mission $19
-rey speeder an affordable $20
-rey resistance $29
-battle pack is $25

there is definitely a need for a retail priced single carded Rey

Reaction score
I never found her in the Resistance outfit. But I don't like it enough to pay $29 for especially when they won't release TFA Luke to go with her.
Anyway the card back looked nice.

Reaction score
Rey continues to be scarce by me, too. And there are lots of stores in my region (North Jersey/NYC suburbs). In fact, now it seems that even Poe and Finn are also getting to be pretty scarce as well. The stragglers in the TFA line seem to be that Hux/Inquisitor/Goss Toowers/PZ-4CO wave of figures.

Reaction score
I really wish they had at least used a different body. Three times the charm? (Four, if you count the Maz Kanata battle pack.) And don't tell me she's rare, the only outfit that was hard to get was the Resistance one, and that was at least a different mold.
(And the accessories are the same too? Cheap, Hasbro, cheap.)

No sale.

Reaction score
Isn't this SOP for Hasbro anyway? Remember how we got a new Jedi Luke every year from 2006-2012 or so? I'm sure a year from now we'll see this figure again, but with Hands painted to be gloves and just like that Hasbro will have a "new" figure out.;)

Reaction score
Another Rey...inferior to the first release if you ask me due to this look lasting 5 seconds in the film. I wouldn't mind as much if they gave us a Luke and Leia! This is ridiculous. But I can have all the wave 2 figures I want. Ugh.

Reaction score
I agree with those who think this Rey release is overkill. I would have much rather seen a never-before-released character than another Rey figure. This TFA line is less than a year old, and already they're overproducing this character.

Reaction score
Isn't this SOP for Hasbro anyway? Remember how we got a new Jedi Luke every year from 2006-2012 or so? I'm sure a year from now we'll see this figure again, but with Hands painted to be gloves and just like that Hasbro will have a "new" figure out.;)

Ssssshhh! Don't give Hasbro ideas. :awesome:

GNT

Reaction score
This TFA line is less than a year old, and already they're overproducing this character.
While there's a few versions out, it's no different to Luke or Obi-Wan/Anakin from the PT lines. Not everyone picks each release up and not everyone needs to buy each release. Didn't they under produce Rey which then caused people to complain and start the #wheresrey campaign? You can't really say she's been overproduced when she's hardly been easy to obtain.The good aspect here is that it's slightly different, Hasbro could've reused the 1st figure again.

Reaction score
This figure just feels pointless. Yes, so did Blast shield Luke back in the day but this is ridiculous. #whereisrey you say, #whereda*%$isluke??? At least when blast shield luke was released we had a couple Obi-wans.

The lack of TFA Luke is really dumb at this point. Rey is readily available in the 4-pack.

Reaction score
The figure is not that interesting, but this does tell us a few things:

A) The packaging will be kept similar if not the same, which is nice. The best thing about the line IMO.
B) No more build a weapons! That helps with distribution and assortments.

Reaction score
This figure just feels pointless. Yes, so did Blast shield Luke back in the day but this is ridiculous. #whereisrey you say, #whereda*%$isluke??? At least when blast shield luke was released we had a couple Obi-wans.

The lack of TFA Luke is really dumb at this point. Rey is readily available in the 4-pack.
I take issue with you saying Blast-Shield Luke back in the day was pointless. He was the first movie-proportioned Luke in the POTF2 line...the only farmboy Luke you could buy in POTF2 until then was the super-buff version...

vs

So this variation was not pointless but essential.

After that things kinda went sideways with several variations on the theme...

...with (from l to r) Purchase of the Droids Cinema Scene Luke, Gunner Station Luke, Freeze Frame Luke, Flashback Luke, and Commtech Luke all within two years of each other. So if that's what you mean then you're right.

But from my personal experience, BlastShield Luke was a very pleasing upgrade.

People do want Rey on the shelves. People also really want TFA Luke on the shelves. Relax, he's coming. Hasbro said so at Toy Fair in February. We can even hold out hope he'll be in Rogue One Wave 2 and he'll become a pegwarmer.

Reaction score
That is what I meant in regards to Luke. I just remember all those Luke's kinda hitting at once and I couldn't remember who dropped first. Blastshield Luke was cool for the accessory but he felt redundant with commtech Luke and flashback Luke. I think I got Cinema Scene Luke first, then commtech Luke.

Point is, before they load us up with more Rey's....is that a Rey with Rebel Pilot helmet I see on the horizon...give us a Luke. Or at the very least a Leia!

Reaction score
Point is, before they load us up with more Rey's....is that a Rey with Rebel Pilot helmet I see on the horizon...give us a Luke. Or at the very least a Leia!
I am betting Leia was sculpted and slated to appear in the regular Force Awakens line's later waves, but got cancelled due to the character's ponytail being digitally removed from the movie. The figure wouldn't have matched the movie (kind of the same way the Unkar Plutt figure looks like the latex suit and not the CG-heavy version that made the final cut) so we had to wait for a resculpt.

Hasbro has said both of the Skywalker twins are on their way...though they have some wiggle room because a TFA Leia did see release in the BS series, just not in the expected outfit. Old Luke is the only one I expect to see in the Rogue One line, though, due to the simple fact that they are doing this "catching up with #where'srey" at the same time we know a Rebels version of Leia is due to hit and there's also the fact that this is all taking place in the Rogue One line, the star of which is another brown-haired white-skinned female.

So between Young Leia, Young Rey, and Young Jyn (who ought to be coming in multiple outfits,) we won't have any room for Old Leia (or probably Old Mon Mothma either) for quite some time. And aren't we still waiting on a wide release of some kind of Sabine Wren figure as well? I'd like her chances over General Leia too.

Reaction score
I like this figure but won't pay full price since I don't need her. I'm glad we are getting another Rey as some people are still having a hard time finding her.

People seem to think if a figure is scarce/plentiful in their area that it MUST be the same everywhere else.
For the most part, I think I'm in a good area and have seen (usually later) every wave except "Old Han/Resistance Rey wave. I've even seen restocks of all the waves. That being said, I haven't seen a carded Rey in many months, and only 1 in the months before that.

The thing I like best about this figure is that the BAW is gone. Even if I don't care for whatever that thing is, I don't need to buy 2 other figures to play with it. Nor does Hasbro have to pack certain figures in future cases because of it.

While I won't need it, the interaction thingie might be fun for some. (I never liked talking figures as I feel they stifle creativity - although I see the counterpoints to my feelings. I never minded talking creatures or droids though, and catch phrases are tolerable.)

Reaction score
I am blown away be how well Rey sold. I can't even find one(to be honest I wasn't looking anyways). I saw her on Force Fridays but man she disappeared like Obi-wan in ANH.

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to this figure. Hoping the head piece comes off and fits snugly on the SA 3.75" TBS version.

Moderators - can this thread be moved to the Rogue One forum?

Reaction score
I'll buy one. So do you guys think she'll be released with Wave 1 on Force Friday?
According to a post on jta a while back, she should be in wv2 I'm November. But who knows w/ hasbro's shotty distribution and scheduling she could show up next month or post christmas

Reaction score
I wish the figure looked as good as the artwork. Man, I love the artwork on these cardbacks. But the face on this figure looks too chubby and bloated. Looks nothing like Daisy whatsoever IMO.

A real shame.

Reaction score
Rey is still hard to find here I have never ever seen her single cards series 1 figure in person ever I saw her second figure have from the end of the movie costume but I didn't have money to snag her same with the Han never seen either of them since nothing but peg warmers, peg warmers galore. The only way I see it often on here is the one with her speeder and I managed to buy The the battle pack with her in it the other night

Reaction score
just received this Rey today in the mail. overall it's a decent figure, decent likeness etc.

Reaction score
It is nice to see her in the wild again. I never saw her until FF. Now I have seen 4.

Reaction score
The eyes don't look great, but better than the one I saw.

That being said, I'm passing on this one. The TBS 3.75" version is just about perfect.