Rey (Dreamer) Premier Collection Statue

Reaction score
Well , damn it man ! Quality Assurance has left the building ! At least with the fit testing of the magnetic arm on this piece. Simply does not fit into both sockets at the same time. With or without the staff. Staff can't sit under her hand like its supposed to , period. But even when I remove the staff completely , the arm can't slide into both sockets. Maybe with some minor surgery of the shoulder key socket . I'd have to dremel grind both the key and key hole for the shoulder. And then might still have to heat the right arm up with hot water or a hair dryer to see if it'd flex at all without breaking. Before anyone says it , I know we shouldn't have to do all this when we buy something. But , if I can fix it , it's better than having to send it back or smash it for a replacement imo. Will probably contact them to see if I can try to fix it , and if they'll replace it if it breaks ? Anyway , here's some pics of #19/1000. Could almost live with it if I only displayed it at one angle to hide the problem. But , I like to rotate my pieces from time to time.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Mine is the exact same way. Really sucks as I wanted this to go with the Anovos full size helmet.
Mine is an AP/1000. I haven't heard back from Genlte Giant yet.

Reaction score
I haven't heard back yet either. They answered two other emails about canceling different items but , I can't get a response about this screwed up statue.

Reaction score
I haven't heard back yet either. They answered two other emails about canceling different items but , I can't get a response about this screwed up statue.

Same thing on my end. I sent another email directly to Richard, who has helped me in the past with issues. Still have heard nothing but crickets.

Reaction score
Kinda makes me think a very large number of these have this problem , and they haven't decided how to handle it yet.

Reaction score
image.jpgimage.jpgSame issue here, just got one ALSO #d AP/1000.

Seems as though the fixed right arm wasn’t sculpted in correct form to fit both sockets.
Very disappointing. It’s like not even close either!!image.jpg

Reaction score
Yup. Exactly like mine. Sucks. And still no response from the company.

Reaction score
I didn't order this, but I'm so sorry everyone is dealing with this. I hope GG fixes this. The only way I can see it being remedied is making a brand new statue in the factory. This is a HUGE error (more than just bad paint apps or poor character likeness!) I hope they respond soon! This is a DST issue (not the OLD Gentle Giant!)

Reaction score
This is disappointing and embarrassing.

Might be joining the General Veers and General Kenobi debacles this company has done.

Reaction score
I just got a response today...

"I've reviewed the issue with our team and they mentioned that there is a procedure to attach the arm.

First step is to insert the Wrist first in the socket before connecting the shoulder, although you must have a firm handle on the arm as the magnets used are strong.

Please let us know if you have any further issues when attempting to attach the arm."

I haven't had a chance to try it yet. Hopefully it works.

Reaction score
LOL. Has nothing to do with the magnets. It has to do with the angle you have to bend a piece of thin poly stone without breaking it. Might work , Might crack into a few pieces.

Reaction score
I just got a response today...

"I've reviewed the issue with our team and they mentioned that there is a procedure to attach the arm.

First step is to insert the Wrist first in the socket before connecting the shoulder, although you must have a firm handle on the arm as the magnets used are strong.

Please let us know if you have any further issues when attempting to attach the arm."

I haven't had a chance to try it yet. Hopefully it works.

I just tried this tonight. I was able to get arm into wrist and shoulder. Before pushing left wrist together make sure the shoulder also lines up. They almost slide into place at same time with a little wiggle room at end. Mine is not perfect and I did hear a "pop." The right arm lifted a little and allowed the left arm to slip in. Think the "pop" was right arm glue separating on top of right knee, but it is still firm in place. Left arm doesn't sit on left knee fully and isn't seated fully in the shoulder socket. Sent pics to Gentle Giant and will wait for their reply.

It is passable to display as shoulder gap is about a hair wide and with the staff it is covered now but I'm still not happy everything isn't fully seated correctly.

Attachments

Reaction score
Well I went ahead and slowly squeezed the arm in place tonight. I got a popping sound too. Only mine wasn't glue , it was her right wrist and arm wrap. The wrist had completely snapped off inside of the arm wrap , so that break is hidden. And since the palm is glued to the right wrist that has the magnet inside , it stays together just fine. And with the hand being loose , I was actually able to get the staff into it's proper position ! I do have a slight visible crack in the left arm wrap , right where it meets the hand. But , it's not really noticeable when displayed on the shelf. Other than the problems caused from the manufacturing issues , I'm happy with how the statue turned out. Just wish it was in 1/6 scale !

Reaction score
It's a great looking statue. But it pains to see one like AT-AT Driver got with a crack on the hand wrap. All due to quality control issues. Who's supervising the manufacturing of these? They should at least offer some kind of partial money back. These weren't given out for free. From white mini busts and statues that turn yellow with time, to pieces that do not interlock properly with each other, it feels quality is being overlooked quite often. We are trusting too much of our manufacturing to people that simply don't care, and this is sometimes the result.

Last edited:
Reaction score
So I received an email stating I need to destroy it, send pictures and they’d issue me another one.
Has anyone had any luck in regards to this working smoothly??

Reaction score
So, I had this done with the McQuarrie Sandtrooper mini bust last year. The replacement process moved on smoothly. I cut the Sandtrooper's head off, sent it to DST and I received another Sandtrooper a few days after. The problem was that, although being a better sample than the one I destroyed, the one I received still came with a bent rifle and bad stickers. This Rey statue, just as it was with the McQuarrie Sandtrooper and the bent rifle issue, is pretty much a generalized QC problem. Your replacement I'm sure will move smoothly, however, seeing how many of this particular statue are showing up with this problem, in my opinion, chances are high your replacement will still present the same issue. Good luck getting a good one, nonetheless.

Reaction score
So I received an email stating I need to destroy it, send pictures and they’d issue me another one.
Has anyone had any luck in regards to this working smoothly??
I received the same email. Waiting on reply after smashing it up with hammer. I just hope they even have enough replacements for all of us since mine was an "AP" to start with