Revoltech

Reaction score
All this month I'm taking a look at various robot figures at Infinite Hollywood and today I'm checking in with Overman King Gainer. He's a classic Revoltech but still stands the test of time as one of the best. Check out the full review over at Infinite Hollywood!

Infinite Hollywood: King Gainer Figure Review

Domo arigato!

Reaction score
AnthonyP said:
That's one awesome figure. Great review!
Thanks.

Another day, another Revoltech. Today I'm taking a look at the movie version of the AV-98 Ingram 1 from Patlabor, or Mobile Police Patlabor. There have been several different versions of this robot design in the Revoltech series, but I think this one probably stands as the most efficient. I have a full review with pictures and more over at the usual.

Infinite Hollywood: Patlabor Ingram 1 (Movie Edition) Figure Review

Thanks for reading and let me know how you liked the review or if there are any robot figures you'd like to see reviewed during our March of the Robots month.

Reaction score
March of the Robots continues in a big way with the original Japanese giant robot, TETSUJIN 28! Some American fans might remember Tetsujin as he was in the 1960's here in the states by the name, GIGANTOR! Today I'm looking at the awesome Revoltech version of this figure based off the 2004 anime of the same name. Check it out!

Infinite Hollywood: Tetsujin 28 Revoltech Review

Thanks for checking it out, if you do.

Reaction score
More robots coming your way. Today I'm looking at Black Ox, the arch rival of Tetsujin. This is another great Revoltech figure and one of the most common. So is it worth a pick up? Check out the full review to find out!

Infinite Hollywood: Black Ox Review

Thanks for reading!

Reaction score
I ordered a 'Gaiking: Open-Lion Face' from Hobby Link Japan for 570 Yen. They're shipping it SAL, so that's about $12 total out of pocket for me. They're clearancing out the 'Black Ox'( shown above ) for about the same price.

Reaction score
I have the 5 Transformers Revoltech figures and love them... really wish they whould have put out some more...

Reaction score
i can't wait for the godzilla ones. alittle pricey at 30 bucks but they sure do look great and i love the little backgrounds they come with. also looking forward to the jp t-rex with the palm trees.

Reaction score
They're also making Vash & Wolfwood from Trigun. Jeez, these guys are really starting to make my wallet cringe in fear.

If they make a Spike Spiegel from Cowboy Bebop, all bets are off.

Reaction score
no kidding, they look great but they are all at least 30 bucks each. it will be pricey.

Reaction score
HLJ gives a discount if you pre-order. Daimajin & Baragon are going to cost me about $27 each, before shipping.

Who else are we getting from the Godzilla mythos, besides Baragon? I hadn't heard.

G

Just got e-mail notification that my Daimajin has shipped! My Gaiking & EVA-01( New Movie Version ) were fired off last week. Don't currently have any EVA-01, but HLJ put the most recent Revoltech version on sale, for approx. $15( converted from yen ), so I was like, 'Why not?'

G

UPDATE:

Revoltech Gamera & Gyaos are up for pre-sale at HLJ. The pre-sale price - converted to U.S. wampum - is $26.13 each. I ordered mine - they look awesome!

Scheduled to ship in June.

Reaction score
Went to Kaiyodo's site & saw the packaging for the new SciFi line! They're packaged in GORGEOUS gatefold boxes - you gotta check 'em out!

Reaction score
Indeed they are...

Kaiyodo's SCI-FI Revoltech Alien
Series #: 001
UPC/EAN/ISBN: 4537807040008
Manufacturer: Kaiyodo
Availability: Online Stores(BBTS, HLJ, Amazon) / Local Toy Shops
Release Date: April 2010
Price: YEN 2850 (R.R.P.)
Material: Body: PVC · ABS joint: POM Nylon Blister: PVC
[size=6pt]Alien TM & (c) 2009 Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation. All Rights Reserved. Alien TM & (c) 2009 Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation. All Rights Reserved.[/size]

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
Via HobbyLink Japan
The lead-off character in the new Sci-Fi Revoltech series is none other than the original Alien "Big Chap"! This guy works particularly well as a Revoltech figure, too, what with his segmented body and all. Very cool! Main jaw opens and inner jaw can extend. Includes bursting egg, facehugger, and base with a separate nameplate. Amazing detail and amazing posability (13 points of articulation, with a bendable and posable tail!) make this Revoltech figure a must-have item for any Alien fan!

Academy Award-winning SFX, makeup, and film director Chris Walas (The Fly, The Fly II, Gremlins, Scanners, Naked Lunch, etc.) proclaims, "Unbelievable! This is the best Alien figure I have ever seen!"

[/QUOTE]

All thumbnails are clickable and will bring you to a higher-res at 800x600pixels.

Packaging(Exterior):

Packaging(Flap)

The flap is held closed by a small piece of velcro. It's quite a neat way to present a background story of the figure's on the inner flap.

Packaging(Interior)

Catalog 1:

Catalog 2:

The plastic trays:

The way the notches are placed on the trays and the presence of only 2 twisties seems to leave the overall packaging quite collector-friendly.

The contents:

• Alien figure
• Face Hugger figure
• Alien Egg Environment
• Display base
• Name plate
• Revoltech Coin(10 points)
• Revoltech Parts Container

Revoltech parts:

The Face Hugger:

The Egg:

Connecting both together...

I just love these 2 pieces when combined, since it just captured that bursting moment so perfectly.

The display base and name plate:

The Alien:

The details on the lower limbs:

The upper limbs:

It's back:

The head... (Normal, inner mouth, 'human like')

This is my first revoltech figure, and I definitely find it much better than hottoys snapfast kits in so much more ways. I haven't taken much in terms of photos since I only got it after work just now, but here's some in the meantime.

Some shots with figma:

And some shots with an ambush:

More to come probably, after I find some time to pose it...
Thanks for reading.

Reaction score
You save about $10 ordering from HLJ, over BBTS. BBTS's domestic US shipping is about the same as HLJ's SAL to the US.

Reaction score
Got my DaiMajin last week( just opened it ), very nice. Also found out that the current movie Batman, JP T Rex, & Mothra will be added to the Sci Fi Revoltech line later this year! Anguirus, from the Godzilla mythos, sometime after that. Batsy is a definite 'no', T Rex & Mothra 'wait & see', Anguirus a big 'yes'!

Reaction score
i have baragon on preorder from bbts as i bought some gi joe figs a couple of weeks ago and used the pile of loot so i can get receive eveyrthing together. post some photos.

Reaction score
Just found out that Woody & Buzz from 'Toy Story' will be in the Revoltech Sci Fi line. So will the Predator from the 'Predator' movies, & the Alien Queen from 'ALIENS'. Passing on all four.

Just pre ordered the Giant Robo from HLJ. PreOrder price: 2,443 yen. Christian Bale Batman also available, & at same price. I passed.

The only non daikaiju item I'm planning on ordering, at this time, is the JP2 T Rex.

Reaction score
Picked up both Revoltech versions of Sanada Yukimura and the regular version Date Masamune from Sengoku Basara this week. They are even nicer then I expected.

Reaction score
Apparently, the JP2 T-Rex has been postponed. Prob D/T the impending release of 'Toy Story 3'. Buzz & Woody are scheduled for an Aug. 1 release. One site lists Buzz & Woody as No. 010 & 011, but a newer post at ToyArk shows Mothra as No. 010, & Woody as No. 011, & Buzz as No. 012, all with Aug. 1 release dates - this, I tend to believe.

Release dates for the remaining known line-up( T-Rex, Mogera, Anguirus, Predator, Queen ALIEN ) are not known at this time.

Reaction score
got baragon from bbts. man this guy is awesome. he has the ski lodge he destroys in the movie. a horse to eat and some trees. love the poseability too.

crappy news on the jp rex. i want that guy along with anguirus.

Reaction score
Apparently, the Moth got the shaft for August: only Woody & Buzz are coming out that month, & they are #010 & #011. Well, no SciFi Revoltechs for me this Aug. !

On the daikaiju upside, Mothra( #012 ) & Mogera( #013 ) are confirmed for Sep. 1 release! T Rex remains in limbo, & nothing else is known past the Queen ALIEN & Predator.

Reaction score
Mothra & Mogera up for pre order at HLJ. Guessing that JP2 T Rex & Anguirus will be in the next wave!

Reaction score
Darth_Huntarr said:
Mothra & Mogera up for pre order at HLJ. Guessing that JP2 T Rex & Anguirus will be in the next wave!
i sure hope so! i want the next wave bad. i am not keen on mogera though. i know this is insane, but i want a super poseable godzilla 1998.

Reaction score
I am sure we will get a Godzilla at some point. The question is...............which one? I just hope it's not the Godzie from the '70's era( i.e. G. vs. Megalon, G. vs. Mechagodzilla, Terror of Mechgodzilla ) as Big G was not very scary & those movies were too campy. I still believe that Ishiro Honda is spinning in his grave as a result of those movies!

Reaction score
Friday the 13th Revoltech!!!

Yup, some pics of an unpainted prototype of ol' Hockeymask himself have surfaced online. The photo, on the page of some Japanese hobby mag., is pictured alongside the Mazer Cannon weapon/vehicle, which was recently shown as part of the Sci Fi Revoltech line. So, it's pretty much a given that Mr. Voorhees will be part of this line down the road!

Revoltech Fans, are you ready to return to Crystal Lake?

Reaction score
Re: Friday the 13th Revoltech!!!

Darth_Huntarr said:
Yup, some pics of an unpainted prototype of ol' Hockeymask himself have surfaced online. The photo, on the page of some Japanese hobby mag., is pictured alongside the Mazer Cannon weapon/vehicle, which was recently shown as part of the Sci Fi Revoltech line. So, it's pretty much a given that Mr. Voorhees will be part of this line down the road!

Revoltech Fans, are you ready to return to Crystal Lake?
saw the pics...he looks amazing...defianately want one...now let's hope they continue the line and give us Freddie, Michael Myers and Ghostface from Scream... that would be awesome.

Reaction score
MORE New Sci-Fi Revoltech!

Went to tokusarevoltech.com & saw pics from the WonderFest 2010 in Japan! Besides the Queen ALIEN form 'Aliens', we will also be getting a Warrior ALIEN - it's a totally different sculpt from the first ALIEN in the Sci-Fi series! Jason was on display, as was the Mazer Cannon, & the finished proto. of Anguirus and( daikaiju fans, drum roll please! )a finished prototype of..........RODAN!!! Yes, the 'big birdie' of the Godzilla mythos is on it's way! We'll have a complete Monster Island yet!

Reaction score
Re: MORE New Sci-Fi Revoltech!

anyone have a direct link? tried navigating their site but could not find it. thanks!

Reaction score

Talk about a suckerpunch! The JP2 T Rex gets bumped( and dissed )again! HLJ just posted their Oct. SciFi Revoltech offerings: Jason Voorhees & the Maser Cannon. Passing on both. Never planned on getting the 'Cannon, & the Jason fig. appears to be from 'Friday the 13th, Part 3', which is NOT one of my fave versions of ol' Jace( have figs/dolls from OTHER F13 movies, but not Part 3 ). Oh well, no SciFi Revoltechs for me in October!

Reaction score

the Jason looks awesome...might have to bite the bullet and see about getting him... he looks better than the Mezco version....

Reaction score

quick question...what scale is Jason... is he 6" inch, 3.75" ? just curious

Reaction score

DarkArtist said:
quick question...what scale is Jason... is he 6" inch, 3.75" ? just curious
It look's from the pictures that he is 3.75" scale.