Retro Line General Discussion Thread

Reaction score
I hope they just did away with the pack ins. Its a moot point when every character is “all new”

You're correct if you are talking about the new media Retro figures. However, so far the only way we have gotten never before made OT figures in the line was via pack-in. Please don't mention those god-awful rainbow prototype abominations either. Trust me, I don't like having to buy a game to get the pack-in but that's been the only way that they have released them. We need someone GOOD to supervise the Retro Collection.

Reaction score
Back in mid 80s up until potty premiered. I've have a huge SW wish list. As I recall it was simular to this (using Kenner name styles too)
Luke Skywalker (Rebel Ceremony)
Princess Leia Organa (Rebel Ceremony)
Rebel Ceremonial Guard
General Dodonna
Han Solo (Stormtrooper Disguise)
Governor Tarkin
Death Squad Commander (reuse generic name for Admirak Y./ white tunic, black trousers)
Rebel Pilot (blue helmet insignia)
Biggs Darklighter ( cut scene)
Uncle Owen Larrs
Aunt Beru Lars
Treadwell droid
Cantina Bartender
Cantina waitress ( Tonnika)
Fly Face
Cantina Patron ( pipe smoker)
"T"- head
Imperial Spy (Garondan)
Stormtrooper ( Tatooine Scout Gear)
Rebel Commander (Antiles)
Rebel Solder ( Tantive IV)
Rebel Spy Droud (R4- M3)
General Tagge

Reaction score
That's a list I'd like to see more crossed off. You can cross off Tarkin at least. Who's "T"-head btw? The droid on the Mos Eisley street?

Reaction score
T - head, was name I think I called the alien we first see at start of Cantina sequence. Back then, most aliens didn't have an official name.
Mos Eisley Merchant (Wiosela)
Most Eisley Droid
Cantina Patron #2 ::: Duros
ESB-
General Reikaan
Rebel Hoth Turrent Ginner ( matches tvc 2.0wave 1 release)
Snowspeeder Pilot (Dak
Ben Kenobi (Jedi Spirit)
Rebel Communication Officer (Toryn)
Luke Skywalker (Bespin Escape Outfit)
Luke Skywalker (Jedi Training Gear)
Princess Leia ( Bespin Battle Outfit)
Admiral Piett
Lando Calrisian (Millennium Falcon PIlot)
ROTJ-
Ishi Tibb
Oola
Princess Leia (Slave Outfit)
Jabba palace Dancer (Yarna)
Luke Skywalker (Death Star Outfit)
Darth Vader (Removable helmet)
Mon Mothma
Mon Calamari Soldier
Y-Wing Pilot (grey outfit)
Moff J
Leia Organa (Ewok Dress)
Latara
Princess Kneesa
R6-D1 (random yellow astromech)
Imperial Dignitary #2
Yoda (Jedi Spirit)

Last edited:
Reaction score
^ yup, that's the alien. Back in the day, those characters didn't have a name just "Hammerhead", "walrus man", "squid head" "prune face" etc

Last edited:
Reaction score
(y)(y)(y)Ah, I gotcha. Yeah, he'd be great, there's a lot of aliens that would really be nice to see.

Reaction score
I am almost ready to give up on TVC. After buying some Factory made OT Retro customs I really think TVC is all sizzle and not as much bacon. Its to a point where I wait for stuff so long that the excitement wears off. Especially when they have been reviewed on youtube 5 times before mine even ship.

Reaction score
I’ve heard nothing but good things about the fan made custom figures but I have a hard time spending that much on something that’s not really vintage - just made to look vintage. I know why they’re priced so high, but hard to choose that over an actual vintage item. What’s your favorite fan made custom? I am tempted by the R2 and R5 droids available.

Last edited:
Reaction score
We never got the pack-in figure from wave 3. Since it’s not OT, I’m not all that interested but maybe it’s a sign that they are going away from the pack-in figure.
I wouldn't mind if they kept the pack in figure gimmick, specifically an OT never before made figure, just so long as they change what it's packed in with. A vehicle, creature, cardboard diorama, hell a nice display stand, anything but an old board game.

Reaction score
Would you guys want the figure to say “T Head” on the card?

Reaction score
I’ve heard nothing but good things about the fan made custom figures but I have a hard time spending that much on something that’s not really vintage - just made to look vintage. I know why they’re priced so high, but hard to choose that over an actual vintage item. What’s your favorite fan made custom? I am tempted by the R2 and R5 droids available.
I feel the same way but I had completed the Vintage run, and aside from a few ultra expensive variants there was nothing left to collect. The Stan Solo droids and his latest, Oola are a home run. Stormtrooper Han is as well. 89AE8F2F-C51C-4FA4-8AF2-F45F6A6180AB.jpeg

Reaction score
I like that these characters have backstories. The EU was really fun to read for me.

Reaction score
I feel the same way but I had completed the Vintage run, and aside from a few ultra expensive variants there was nothing left to collect. The Stan Solo droids and his latest, Oola are a home run. Stormtrooper Han is as well. View attachment 418238

Yes, those are very tempting. And, like you, my loose run is complete minus some expensive weapons/variants - so you’ve convinced me. Thanks

Reaction score
Wasn’t there the Stormtrooper that came in the Mandalorian Monopoly set?
$50 for a standard Kenner stormtrooper that had some tan paint airbrushed onto it to make it look “weathered”. Honestly to me it looked like something from POTF2 so I passed.

Reaction score
I'm content that they never announced a game for wave 4, as I agree that the dusty Stormtrooper repack at $50 was an insult to consumers, which I skipped. Lets be honest though, all of the game pack-in figures were lazy, none of them were brand new sculpts. Tarkin had demand for decades, but he lingered into clearance - they reduced the production numbers with each game afterward, as demand dropped, and now it looks like they're done. Maybe something will appear for the ROTJ anniversary next year, but if so, it should have some effort, like a Yakface or a character that's never been released by Kenner. A game for the Boba Fett series, or even Kenobi would likely fall flat, just as Monopoly did, were it equally lackluster, so they shouldn't waste the resources - focus on the basic assortment instead.

Reaction score
I'm content that they never announced a game for wave 4, as I agree that the dusty Stormtrooper repack at $50 was an insult to consumers, which I skipped. Lets be honest though, all of the game pack-in figures were lazy, none of them were brand new sculpts. Tarkin had demand for decades, but he lingered into clearance - they reduced the production numbers with each game afterward, as demand dropped, and now it looks like they're done. Maybe something will appear for the ROTJ anniversary next year, but if so, it should have some effort, like a Yakface or a character that's never been released by Kenner. A game for the Boba Fett series, or even Kenobi would likely fall flat, just as Monopoly did, were it equally lackluster, so they shouldn't waste the resources - focus on the basic assortment instead.
It didn’t help that the game was MONOPOLY. A game that literally everyone already has. Even if you think you don’t own MONOPOLY, you will find a copy to donate to Goodwill when you move.

Reaction score
I think they have been making a new random sw monopoly game every year for the last two decades lol.

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
Chewbacca Prototype Edition. There are six different color variants. Code-named "Eraser".

Target-Icon-18px.png
Exclusive in the U.S.

Available for pre-order April 7th at 1pm ET. On shelf Summer 2022. MSRP is $14.99.

Press Release

Inspired by the original 1970s Kenner STAR WARS action figures, this STAR WARS: RETRO COLLECTION 3.75-INCH CHEWBACCA PROTOTYPE EDITION Figure features premium design and five points of articulation. This figure's vibrant, multi-colored prototype deco is sure to add a bright pop of color to any fan's STAR WARS collection. A legendary Wookiee warrior and Han Solo's longtime co-pilot, Chewbacca continues to serve as faithful first mate behind the controls of the Millennium Falcon. Beautifully rendered retro packaging captures a colorful pop art style and includes throwback STAR WARS branding and a Kenner Toys logo. Imagine the excitement of the '70s when the STAR WARS original trilogy had just begun. Includes figure and 1 accessory.

Press Images

Retro-Chewbacca-Prototype-Edition-Carded-Resized.jpg
Retro-Chewbacca-Prototype-Edition-Loose-1-Resized.jpg

Retro-Chewbacca-Prototype-Edition-Loose-2-Resized.jpg
Retro-Chewbacca-Prototype-Edition-Loose-3-Resized.jpg

Retro-Chewbacca-Prototype-Edition-Loose-4-Resized.jpg
Retro-Chewbacca-Prototype-Edition-Loose-5-Resized.jpg

HD Images

Spoiler:  
Retro-Chewbacca-Prototype-Edition-Carded.jpg

Retro-Chewbacca-Prototype-Edition-Loose-4.jpg

Retro-Chewbacca-Prototype-Edition-Loose-5.jpg