Retro collection

Reaction score
I have to say I am very disappointed in the Target exclusive retro collection line. If you cared anything about your consumer base you would either be sure to have the exclusive line at Target stores, or not have an exclusive line so that it can be sold at all stores. My closest Target store never got any of the retro collection, and the store on the other side of town maybe got one case. Perhaps with the way you run distribution it should have been called the elusive retro collection. Your company is either in the business of making toys for the public or they are not, but you need to make decision. I was prepared to buy multiples of the retro collection only to be once again let down by the incompetence of Hasbro not being capable of providing Star Wars toys to the mass public. I hope that come this fall the retro collection will widely available at all retail stores and that the distribution will be equal and fair.

Reaction score
Couldn't have said that better myself. Distribution needs MAJOR improvement. Unfortunately whenever I complain at the store I get the excuse of "we only get whatever they send us." I complain to customer service at Hasbro, and it's the excuse of "it's whenever/whatever the stores order." Maybe if customer service could put us through to whoever makes the distributing/marketing decisions we could get some results but that's never an option. They'll only "pass the word along."

Reaction score
I've only been able to get a few of the Retro Collection by asking an employee if they had the item in stock. I was able to get Vader, Leia, Han and Chewbacca as well the Tarkin game. The Luke and Stormtrooper still evade me to this day. Distribution has been seriously Horrid when it comes to this line (as well as any exclusives that Hasbro has been pumping out as of late - Rey Island Journey, Mimban Stormtrooper to name a couple)

I think Target planogram of putting the figures in the men's department for a Father's Day promotion is a little weird. I also think the concept of the line was not well thought out... these are now going to flood the aftermarket with scalpers trying to pass them off as the original Kenner figures.

Reaction score
Its absurd and embarrassing for Hasbro to announce something with all this fanfare only for it to land with an absolute DUD. Never saw one single Retro action figure in a store, outside of Tarkin the game, which I promptly bought today.

Reaction score
I'm not so certain this was Hasbro's doing.

Target has these on clearance now (if you can find them) and these were only brought in as a seasonal father's day promo. I got this direcly from a manager. They went on clearance Monday morning. I am more inclined to believe Target simply didn't demand as many pieces and this may have also been a test run to see how well they did. Target made out on the preorder however, that didn't mean they would have the same success in store.

We will see how well they stock in the fall. I'm also believing these will be clearance items if and when wave 2 is announced. I have a full set and I did go looking to see if I can find another trooper (no luck) . I will wait till these are clearance items again before I go for more.

Reaction score
I love that Target considers Father's Day "seasonal" lol...what a bunch of rubes! That is the kind of thing that shows exactly how inept they are. They get exclusives, then don't carry stuff for months, when they DO actually put out an exclusive a freaking timely fashion, it sells out!? Who knew....

Reaction score
I know how you all TOTALLY feel. I absolutely ****ing hate it when I drive all the wY to a store only to walk in and find no figures. This is **** distribution.

However, now that I’ve discovered the internet I buy online like 99% of the civilised world.

Reaction score
I know how you all TOTALLY feel. I absolutely ****ing hate it when I drive all the wY to a store only to walk in and find no figures. This is **** distribution.

However, now that I’ve discovered the internet I buy online like 99% of the civilised world.
Yeah.....they sold out in like 5 minutes online there buddy. GREAT advice for this in-store exclusive!

Reaction score
I refuse to be civilized. I’m old, and I like doing things the old way, with barbaric and savage ways, rummaging through the pegs, the smell of the cardboard dust, waiting in lines for people buying lamps and diapers and things.

Reaction score
I refuse to be civilized. I’m old, and I like doing things the old way, with barbaric and savage ways, rummaging through the pegs, the smell of the cardboard dust, waiting in lines for people buying lamps and diapers and things.
There's a romanticism in all of that!

Reaction score
I may not agree with your barbaric conduct, but I shall fight to the death to defend your right to seek out those elusive SW figures like a man possessed with the spirit of Captain Caveman.