Resistance Ski Speeder and Captain Poe Dameron

Reaction score
Maybe it's a crop duster, or some kind of plow?
You know? I wondered this same thing about theses ships... like they were retrofitted to attack, but were really irrigation or crop dusting vehicles.

Most people don't look too deep at what is said in the movies... but if you remember, there was a line from one of the workers on Hoth about "adapting the speeders to the cold temperatures". The "Snowspeeders" were not designed for snow combat. The T-47 they used was an atmospheric industrial cargo hauler. They had a tow-cable on the back to tow repulsorlift cargo containers and didn't come standard with blasters.

Are these vehicles going to copy that part of Empire Strikes Back? I'd say pretty darn likely.

Reaction score
You know? I wondered this same thing about theses ships... like they were retrofitted to attack, but were really irrigation or crop dusting vehicles.

The Resistance transport was said to be made from B-wing parts, so given the limited resources it would make sense to retrofit from pre-existing vehicles.

Reaction score
The Resistance transport was said to be made from B-wing parts, so given the limited resources it would make sense to retrofit from pre-existing vehicles.
Good point. I like this for some reason. It's not as cool as the OT vehicles, but it has something about it that I like. I'll be getting this for sure and if the price is right, I might get a second one.

Reaction score
B-wing/podracer! I'm hoping for something original from this film or I'll be p!$$3d off

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I suppose this pays at bit of homage to the ILM"s days when even snowspeeders were conceptualized from Y-wing cockpits.

Reaction score
So Poe is cosplaying as bespin han. Cool I guess
The stunning lack of imagination in designs of the ST/stealing everything from the OT continues to be depressing and maddeningly.

Seriously, now we're ripping off outfits, too? Sigh.

Reaction score
It's like Han Solo is the only guy to own a white shirt and a blue flight jacket

Reaction score
This is one of those designs that feels like a mini-rig off-screen creation, but it's obviously in the movie. As a ship, I'm not drawn to it like the snowspeeder or even the B-wing. However, translated as a toy, this does look fun to swoosh around. I think it'll be something people pass up when it comes out but pick up later. I'd like to see it retail for closer to $25-30 than $40, though.

Reaction score
This makes me miss Action Fleet more than ever. The AF snowspeeder was scaled close to the Hasbro AT-AT, so if and when we get a gorilla walker, a scaled AF ski-speeder I would personally welcome. :)

Reaction score
Design team: "How can we make a B-Wing both look uglier and be more impractical?"

Reaction score
If I actually find one on clearance for around $10-15, I may get one and mod it. I feel the cockpit should be re-positioned onto the front of the fuselage, and a second laser gun port placed where the cockpit is now. In addition to adding a closing canopy. Then I think it might look better, for me anyway.

Reaction score
I have to agree with a lot of others in thinking it's a pretty ugly design. Still though, I'd like to see it in action. Now what's the deal with the "gorilla" walkers? Outside of the LEGO set, has any real pictures of it come out? I know the ski speeder is basically ugly B-Wing and it looks like the "gorilla" walker is ugly AT-AT. I know there are differences, but I think that makes sense. I'd like to think the First Order would have analyzed the battle of Hoth and noticed the "tripping" design flaw in the originally engineered AT-AT and try to redesign the vehicle to be more stable.

Reaction score
A friend found this at a local Walmart this morning. Of course it wouldn't scan.

Reaction score
I have to agree with a lot of others in thinking it's a pretty ugly design. Still though, I'd like to see it in action. Now what's the deal with the "gorilla" walkers? Outside of the LEGO set, has any real pictures of it come out? I know the ski speeder is basically ugly B-Wing and it looks like the "gorilla" walker is ugly AT-AT. I know there are differences, but I think that makes sense. I'd like to think the First Order would have analyzed the battle of Hoth and noticed the "tripping" design flaw in the originally engineered AT-AT and try to redesign the vehicle to be more stable.
Story wise, that's exactly what it's supposed to be. It's supposedly designed that way to be more resistant to tripping. Similar to how the Resurgent class Star Destroyer has a shorter bridge and a secondary bridge, TIEs have shields, and the TIE/SF has a rotating turret.

Still ugly though. Not as bad as that weird multi-limbed AT-ST equivelant revealed via leaked LEGO set.

The sequel designs are so hit or miss and lack consistency. It sometimes feel so not Star Wars. Or a poor attempt at updating or recreating existing designs without an overall cohesive look.

Reaction score
And from all the pictures I've seen so far, it looks like it's an open cockpit and doesn't close.
This bothers me a bit, but then it just means that it is a ground based vehicle, which is also fine.

The sequel designs are so hit or miss and lack consistency. It sometimes feel so not Star Wars. Or a poor attempt at updating or recreating existing designs without an overall cohesive look.
I've gotten that feeling as well.

Reaction score
Funny it has an open cockpit design, is obviously used for battle, yet the pilots appear to not be wearing goggles or helmets. I guess it's a by the seat their pants thing.

Reaction score
After seeing the pics of this out of th box, I'm less impressed with it. I think the price is too high for its size. I'm planning on holding off for a bit anyway, so maybe more pictures will help me make a decision on this.

Reaction score
Funny it has an open cockpit design, is obviously used for battle, yet the pilots appear to not be wearing goggles or helmets. I guess it's a by the seat their pants thing.
Be interesting how these speeders are stored if not inside a hanger, most likely a tarp over the canopy. The open cockpit also creates drag on the frame, which not only taxes the power on the engine but also creates possible sideslipping because of the offset cockpit. I guess next time, the FO should attack during the rainy season.

Reaction score
I saw two of these at Walmart today. I tried to buy one but was told it was recalled. I told then about the second one still on the shelf. Still it was my first The Last Jedi toy sighting!

Reaction score
the pictures almost make it look like the cockpit may actually close but I'm not 100%. I see long groves on both sides of the cockpit and it looks like the top part can be pulled over to the canopy. guess we'll have to wait and see with the movie and the toy release on the 1st for confirmation though.

Reaction score
Be interesting how these speeders are stored if not inside a hanger, most likely a tarp over the canopy. The open cockpit also creates drag on the frame, which not only taxes the power on the engine but also creates possible sideslipping because of the offset cockpit. I guess next time, the FO should attack during the rainy season.
It's kind of bizarre. The vehicle on screen looks kind of flimsy, it has this leg dragging in the ground like some farming device for reasons not yet clear. It's definitely from another world, but looks practical at the same time. Maybe it's taken a cue from the snowspeeder and is conventional plant equipement modified for battle. Also in the EU, the B-wing was derived from a vehicle used for water bombing wildfires, which was pretty interesting I thought. Maybe this is such a vehicle..

the pictures almost make it look like the cockpit may actually close but I'm not 100%. I see long groves on both sides of the cockpit and it looks like the top part can be pulled over to the canopy. guess we'll have to wait and see with the movie and the toy release on the 1st for confirmation though.
I was thinking the same thing, but I can't find an instance of it being closed. The lego sets show them open as well. The mind biggles. At the least this is one of those weird and original vehicles that Star Wars was always known for.

Reaction score
It's kind of bizarre. The vehicle on screen looks kind of flimsy, it has this leg dragging in the ground like some farming device for reasons not yet clear. It's definitely from another world, but looks practical at the same time.
This is the text on the back of the box: An older design predating those of the Rebel Alliance, these low-altitude, high-power ski speeders use a stabilizing strut to keep balance when zipping across alien terrain.

Reaction score
Of course it says that, Disney wants to shoehorn their own stuff in as if it were always there. Regardless of what they/it says about this, the functionality doesn't seem feasible at all. Not as a high speed Speeder. I still maintain that it's more of a farming vehicle, than something actually meant for combat.

Reaction score
Thanks Nighthawk. Sounds like a cool backstory. The red rooster tail from the white ground is still strange. There is some strange geology on that world. It's shows Ryan Johnson has a fertile imagination. I think maybe JJ Abrams used up his imaginative creativity on Star Trek in regards to alien worlds.

Reaction score
This is the text on the back of the box: An older design predating those of the Rebel Alliance, these low-altitude, high-power ski speeders use a stabilizing strut to keep balance when zipping across alien terrain.
????...what are they going to say now....that hyperspace technology is less than a hundred years old?

Reaction score
Of course it says that, Disney wants to shoehorn their own stuff in as if it were always there. Regardless of what they/it says about this, the functionality doesn't seem feasible at all. Not as a high speed Speeder. I still maintain that it's more of a farming vehicle, than something actually meant for combat.
like the idea of it being a modified farm vehicle. It seems more likely that the Resistance would be able to get their hands on stuff like this and have their techs adapt and upgrade stuff like that to be used in a military sense. I can't imagine the New Republic being fine with the Resistance buying up a bunch of military grade hardware. Besides, the Resistance is supposed to be running on a shoe-string budget like the Rebellion.
I

Reaction score
I googled this toy just now and found these images, I wonder if I can find any of the other vehicle or toy pictures that people have bought and posted images online too:

Reaction score
I'm not big on the ship, but I do really like the Poe. If for some peculiar reason someone buys two of these... *raises hand*

Reaction score
It's ungainly, but I'm okay with it as a toy, because it looks movie accurate and is to scale. Hasbro did their job as far as producing this thing. Good for you Hasbro!