Resistance Ski Speeder and Captain Poe Dameron

GNT

Reaction score
New picture has surfaced on UK site Smythstoys of the Resistance Ski Speeder and Captain Poe Dameron

Who's going to purchase this? Thoughts on it?

Reaction score
I like it. It's got a B-Wing and a cloud car vibe to it (to me at least). I think it looks fun and it's nice to see a better pic of it (than what we saw in the trailer).

Reaction score
Count me in one getting this, maybe not on ff, but I'll grab one b4 film hits likely. Lack of "The Lady Jedi" nomenclature, reminds me of TFA sandspeeder w/ Finn packaging. but hopefilly, this will have reasonable screen time more than the sandspeeder did.

Reaction score
Studio spell check and NO EDIT feature
Obviously I ment "The LAST Jedi"

Reaction score
Not a vehicle I would have considered buying, based on the trailer, but that toy looks great! :D

I think I might have just changed my mind!
Yes, that's how I feel about it as well. The one in the trailer didn't look as good, but this looks like a cool vehicle.

Reaction score
I'm loving the look of this ship and definitely will be getting one of these. I wonder if we will see a release/repaint with a different character in the speeder as well.

Reaction score
I like the design, and they look cool in the trailer. But I don't think it's a ship I'd pick up. Of course that's pretty much what I always say, and then I see the movie...

Reaction score
Don't think it's worth £30.00!

I hate to agree, but that's $40 US... If the figure was Articulated and not just a crummy throw-in (possible repaint?) maybe, but this is a $30 US buy at best... likely would want to wait for $25 or less.

I may see it and have to have it, but prices for stuff is out of hand.

Reaction score

Definitely an undersized vehicle again... but looks pretty accurate really.

Reaction score
Yes, very B-Wing derivative from the front.

And NERF has been replaced with FORCE LINK which will be another useless feature nobody will want in order to justify keeping the price up.

Reaction score
New picture has surfaced on UK site Smythstoys of the Resistance Ski Speeder and Captain Poe Dameron

Who's going to purchase this? Thoughts on it?
Does it look like the canopy slides back into the body, or am I imagining it?

Reaction score
Looks like a neat and fun toy. My only issue with it is the awkward look, I would have preferred the cockpit be in the center. But that's probably my own OCD issues.
I'm guessing the cockpit rotates since its set up like this. And yes, the canopy does "appear" to slide in.

If I can get this for $20 or under, I'll buy it. Then I'll remodel it to my own liking.

Reaction score

Definitely an undersized vehicle again... but looks pretty accurate really.
I'm not doubting that it is undersized, because Hasbro, but how can you tell it is from these shots from the trailer? There's nothing to really reference it to size wise.

Reaction score
Looks like a neat and fun toy. My only issue with it is the awkward look, I would have preferred the cockpit be in the center. But that's probably my own OCD issues.
I'm guessing the cockpit rotates since its set up like this. And yes, the canopy does "appear" to slide in.

If I can get this for $20 or under, I'll buy it. Then I'll remodel it to my own liking.
Hmm, zooming more into the film still above, it looks like the canopy remains open, you can clearly see the pilot in there. A look at the recent behind the scenes sizzle reel has a shot of Poe sat in the cockpit with what appear to be roll bars to the rear.

Reaction score
Does it look like the canopy slides back into the body, or am I imagining it?

I'm not sure actually. Looking at a reference pic from the recent behind the scenes reel it looks like it might actually be open like that in the movie:

The packaging on the front shows it open in the illustration too.

Reaction score
Knowing Hasbro, there's probably eight people, two astromechs and a wookie in the cockpit in the movie.

Reaction score
I'm not buying ANY TLA toys until I we the movie. Even then I'm not buying much. I'm also tired of toys being shown off as some how significant to the story when in reality they barely exist in the movie. For all we know this thing can be cut from the film.

Reaction score
Seems odd not to have a closing canopy, that world looks really dusty. And i don't see him with any kind of goggles/visor to prevent objects from entering the eyes, how could a pilot operate w/o eye protection? They gave TFA Pilots a visor and those were closed cockpits...

GNT

Reaction score
I not think it'll be cut, judging by the trailer it seems to be a big land battle. :p

Reaction score
Seems odd not to have a closing canopy, that world looks really dusty. And i don't see him with any kind of goggles/visor to prevent objects from entering the eyes, how could a pilot operate w/o eye protection? They gave TFA Pilots a visor and those were closed cockpits...
Forget dust, think of the safety hazard. But then again there's no OSHA compliance in Star Wars as evidenced by the bottomless chasms.

Reaction score
I just don't understand the drag part of the ship (I studied aeronautics). It just serves the wear out the part hitting the ground and taxing the power on the engine. Plus, it doesn't look like something that gets hardly any altitude like the snowspeeders. Well, until I see the movie or read it in the Visual/Cross-Section books, it might have a sensible explanation.

Reaction score
I just don't understand the drag part of the ship (I studied aeronautics). It just serves the wear out the part hitting the ground and taxing the power on the engine. Plus, it doesn't look like something that gets hardly any altitude like the snowspeeders. Well, until I see the movie or read it in the Visual/Cross-Section books, it might have a sensible explanation.
Total speculation but I think whatever's hitting the surface probably isn't designed to do that normally. It looks like an ad hoc tactic two whip up dust as a smokescreen. Just a guess on my part.

Reaction score
It doesn't need to be scientifically understood. In star wars you've got sound in space,super powers,and every planet just happens to have an atmosphere that thousands of different off world aliens can breathe just fine in. A ship's job is to look cool.

Reaction score
Boy, you just got to wonder how the authors of those aforementioned books get around those explanations including Pablo Hidalgo himself. I use to comment on Andre Bormanis' (scientific/technical advisor to Star Trek Enterprise) articles on TrekBBS back in the day, but even for Star Trek you gotta heed on what some posters put as their signature, "It's only a TV show".

Reaction score
They look like they're attacking AT-ATs. The new speeder? I hope this isn't going to be a remake of the empire strikes back!

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I doubt they're AT-ATs.This is a sequel to TFA, so they are probably those Ape looking walkers.

Reaction score
I hope this isn't going to be a remake of the empire strikes back!
I just hope there is a sensible reason to use them if there was a target that couldn't be destroyed via orbital bombardment or airstrike. The AT-AT's were needed because they needed to traverse the terrain from beyond the energy field to reach their target. Turbotanks (even if still on their ****nal) wouldn't be effective over terrain up to certain grades so walkers were the more practical choice at the time.

Reaction score
While it is undersized, it isn't nearly as egregious as something like the U-wing. I imagine that I will pick this up on FF.