Resistance A-Wing

Reaction score
The Kylo Ren's TIE Advanced Fighter by the looks of things judging by the figures beside the toy ships, is a micro-sized toy ship so will look very odd next to the regular sized toy A-Wing ship.
Very odd of Hasbro to do that with two main vehicles in the movie. Kylo's ship looks ridiculously small in comparison to the A-Wing, when it should be much larger in size.

Judging by the real size of the TIE Silencer's cockpit (with Kylo in it) from the official images the toy should be over twice the size of the A-Wing, not nearly the same size as it!

I never had a TIE Advanced before, except maybe the LEGO mini model. I can feel it calling to me as well.

Reaction score
Looks ok. But... From the way it's been photographed I suspect there's no undercarriage. Hope I'm wrong.
Oh, no, I didn't even think of that. I can handle if it's a little smaller than the vintage A-wing, but if it's half hollow, that'll bum me out. I do like that the pilot has a transparent visor; even if her helmet isn't removable, it's an improvement over the "banana" visors of TFA pilots.

Reaction score
Gosh, I hope not....that's more befitting the value/scaled vehicle line. And even if it turns out to be a negative space design, that to me would be a bit of a disservice to the homage paid to Ralph McQuarrie. (The original design was suppose to be blue, but changed to red for ROTJ because of blue screen limitations).

Reaction score
Just to clarify, by undercarriage I mean landing skids, preferably retractable. I have a (bad) feeling this ship might just rest on those two rear fins.

Reaction score
It does appear to possibly have at least one landing gear in the front otherwise it could be off balanced. Regardless, I'm still getting this. May not be on 9/1 Or even in sept., but I will still get this.

Reaction score
It looks like it probably has one pull down landing leg in the front and two "fins" in the back. I could be wrong and I hope I am. God I miss quality Star Wars toys. I'm so tired of the cheap stuff.

Reaction score
From the looks of it, it seems to have only one gear, we'll see eventually. But it's not as pronounced as compared to say the X-wing, so I'm not personally bummed by it. The only thing I'm hoping it doesn't have are thickened notches on the bottom of the fins, but so far it doesn't appear to be that way.

Reaction score
Nothing against those first pictures, bet here are the ones I took.

UPC 630509532834

Reaction score
You guys will probably hate me but the size of Hera's A-wing actually really grew on me. Despite that size it still looked "right" next to even huge ships compared to Poe's X-Wing that looks way off.

Reaction score
I know these have been found at Kmart though the one we have is closing at the end of October. Also, they have been very strict in the past with the street dates as well. I doubt our Kmart will get these in if they are trying to blowout the store.

Reaction score
This looks pretty cool. I don't usually buy vehicles (especially since they are usually way overpriced) but I may actually pick this one up, as I really want the figure as well

Reaction score
Wait, they're out already? I didn't think they would be out until Force Friday.

Reaction score
Nice! Thanks for clearer shots. Are you planning on opening it up? Would love to see all the angles on it.
I didn't buy it, only took a couple pics while in the store. So opening it up for closer look was out of the question. lol
It also has the sale lock on it until 9/1, so it wouldn't do me any good. I know a guy who works there, and let me in the back to examine them.

Besides, as much as I like it, I'll likely wait for a Sale to buy one.

The helmet almost does seem removable. And it seems to be the same base as Paige, so mayb it will be.
But since Porkin's kid didn't have one, this one may not either.

Reaction score
I was afraid of that, It would be asking too much to get a removable helmet on a pack-in figure of a backgrounder.

Reaction score
Are you basing that just off the picture, or seeing it in person? Kind of hard to tell from the pic.

Reaction score
Are you basing that just off the picture, or seeing it in person? Kind of hard to tell from the pic.
I saw it in person today. Definitely not removable (and the head is sculpted too small for the helmet/body but not terribly so...) The visor looked to be a separate piece glued on to the front, though I am not positive on that. The paint on these that I saw were sloppy as well - on most, the white vest was showing points of green plastic through it.

Reaction score
I wonder if this will be the ship that tru gets a paint variant exclusive.

Reaction score
TBH, Blue seems more like "their" color. Unless there's an all black on in the movie for Spec-Ops mission.

Or a pink one...

Reaction score
We've seen a reddish orange version in behind the scenes shots, and briefly in the trailer.

That would be a good repaint. Prefer TRU to Walmart as an exclusive.

Reaction score

Helmet is not removable, unfortunately.
Thanks for the confirmation. It's not a dealbreaker with this, but it would have been nice to have a removable helmet, especially with a female head underneath it.

Does the box give you an idea of how big the ship is`? Is it bigger than the Hera A-Wing box?
T

Reaction score
Pack-in figures have pretty much usually been of poorer quality than singles. As a collective we have perhaps forgotten, being as for the last few years the whole damn lot of them have been poor quality instead.

Reaction score
Pack-in figures have pretty much usually been of poorer quality than singles. As a collective we have perhaps forgotten, being as for the last few years the whole damn lot of them have been poor quality instead.
we better hope Snoke follows that pattern too, cos its gonna be a pain in the neck of a figure to get if the playset one is nice.

Reaction score
The main characters always come out again later once they have gouged collectors. I used to always bite - now? Wait it out or just pass.

Reaction score
That is very true. I usually replace the pack-in figure with a single figure.

Reaction score
Thanks for the confirmation. It's not a dealbreaker with this, but it would have been nice to have a removable helmet, especially with a female head underneath it.
Agreed, especially as a customizer. The more usable head sculpts the better! Especially Female ones, as they are fewer and far between.

The main characters always come out again later once they have gouged collectors. I used to always bite - now? Wait it out or just pass.
Not sure if you actually meant gouged, or were trying to type gauged here. But I'm sure either one is appropriate.

Reaction score
Yeah, both f.o. tie fighters and poe w/ black x-wing all had removable helmets

Reaction score
TBH, Blue seems more like "their" color.
It might have somewhat liberating for them (ILM) since the original McQuarrie color scheme had to be changed to red for compositing reasons back then. Anyways, the blue schemes on the fighters sets a less aggressive tone amongst the people working there. We're not certain yet if there is a successor to the Y-wing though?