Resistance A-Wing

Reaction score
My apologies to all the people that tried to get in touch with me over the past couple of weeks(I had a death in the family & had to fly up & down the east coast 3 times, life’s been a hectic while)......
In any case.....for anyone who is still looking for one of these, please feel free to PM me.

Reaction score
My apologies to all the people that tried to get in touch with me over the past couple of weeks(I had a death in the family & had to fly up & down the east coast 3 times, life’s been a hectic while)......
In any case.....for anyone who is still looking for one of these, please feel free to PM me.
Off to check Maynards want list!

Reaction score
Just recently got this TLJ red variant A-wing. Beautiful vehicle. This is my favorite version of the A-wing, ever. Even though I'm not sure this was even in the films, I really like the red-dominant aspect of the ship.

Also like how this is the "opposite" color-wise of the 1997 POTF2 version. I.e., the '97 ROTJ version had the red color in the middle, and the white color on the sides - which was obviously screen accurate re: the fim. Conversely, this red variant A-wing showcases the red color on the sides, and the white in the middle.

Reaction score
Just recently got this TLJ red variant A-wing. Beautiful vehicle. This is my favorite version of the A-wing, ever. Even though I'm not sure this was even in the films, I really like the red-dominant aspect of the ship.

Also like how this is the "opposite" color-wise of the 1997 POTF2 version. I.e., the '97 ROTJ version had the red color in the middle, and the white color on the sides - which was obviously screen accurate re: the fim. Conversely, this red variant A-wing showcases the red color on the sides, and the white in the middle.
The red version does have an interesting look. They were in "The Last Jedi" in the hangar preparing to launch before Kylo Ren blew it all up. I'm hoping since there look to be A-wings in "The Rise of Skywalker" that we'll see a red version actually flying around. It'd be an easy toy for Hasbro to re-release, too.

Reaction score
There was a red A-Wing buzzing between the Resistance bombers, but it wasn't featured all that prominently. They'll probably get more action in ROS, but I wonder if Hasbro will repack it, considering both the red and blue versions went to discount outlets. On another note - if anyone has the pilot from the red A-Wing for trade, I'm still looking for one.

ZX3

Reaction score

It's also the one at Galaxy's Edge.

I'm surprised they didn't just turn it into a Disney Parks exclusive.

Reaction score
After looking at this ship some more, I have some more praise for this:

-The minor battle damage in the front of the ship (similar to the picture above) looks great. This is missing from the regular Blue TLJ A-wing.

-The pilot for this particular A-wing is fantastic; I like the outfit, color(s), helmet, and all-around sculpt. This is definitely one of my favorite Rebel pilot outfits from any of the films.

Reaction score
Wow, I didn't realize the Rebels A-wing was that much smaller than the other two. It's just a darn shame it has that ugly Nerf launcher underneath.

Reaction score
Wow, I didn't realize the Rebels A-wing was that much smaller than the other two. It's just a darn shame it has that ugly Nerf launcher underneath.
A-wing history has gotten a little convoluted. Pre-Endor appearances of the A-wing, like in the "Droids" cartoon, were retconned as modified R-22 Spearheads, an in-process prototype of the RZ-1 A-wing. Though it was likely due to the animation style, this gave an excuse for the smaller, delta shape since the A-wing was being developed "on the fly". Hera Syndulla's A-wing fits that timeline and shape but does not use the twin-barrelled laser cannons like the "Droids" and ROTJ versions. Instead, it has single cannon pods very similar to the RZ-2 evolution seen in "The Last Jedi". Not sure if it was a design oversight for "Rebels" or if they were trying to connect designs 60+ years apart because they're both modern toy creations, but it feels a little inconsistent.

And I'm with you on the poorly-integrated Nerf launcher. Maybe it was a late addition to the mostly-completed toy design. Toys that followed, like the TIE Striker, did a somewhat better job of integrating the launcher with the overall look of the vehicle.

Reaction score
What's interesting about the 1985 A-wing (the rarest, and the only one I've never had) was that it was in the "Droids" packaging, as opposed to the POTF packaging. Despite this, the packaging artwork seemed to indicate this was an A-wing from ROTJ (not Droids); and the sculpt was from the film, not the animated series:

http://theswca.com/images-toys/figuretoys/awing.html

Reaction score
Found this at Ross for $5.99!
They had about 6 of them where I went here in L.A.
So check your stores.

And as an FYI, they also had those clamp-like security vehicles from Canto Bight and several Rothtars also priced low.

Reaction score
Anyone have an extra Pilot "Tallie" from the blue A-Wing they are willing to part with? Or at the very least, the blaster she came with? For some reason I have lost the blaster that came with my figure.