Republic Trooper #31

GNT

Reaction score
According to the front page the long thought cancelled #31 Republic Trooper (The Old Republic) 3 3/4-inch action figure from The Black Series has been turning up on eBay packaged on European cards.

(Click To Enlarge)
*Pictures from auction*

Anyone going to pick this variation up?

Reaction score
The prices on ebay are crazy. Not sure why Hasbro did not give a wider release, its like they must make more money on ebay.:wtf:

GNT

Reaction score
At $200+ they could indeed make more money off ebay. Interesting to see it got a foreign release on this card.

Reaction score
It's gotta be part of a partwork series released in Italy earlier this year. I believe De Agostini is the publisher and offered a collection centered on Star Wars action figures.

Reaction score
Unless these see a stateside release, I seriously doubt most people over here will be picking one up.

Reaction score
Nope, never cared for the look of him. Maybe if I crossed paths with it at a discount sore for $5, I might buy one or two for customs.

Reaction score
I've been flipping my surplus of the VC version for years. Maybe IF this gets a wider release the prices will drop. But this isn't getting a wider release...

Reaction score
I have the VC version loose and really want a small squad of this guy but not paying the prices that eBay is asking.

Reaction score
It's coming with the same series in which Luke ep7 was rumored to be a part of a few months ago. It's available only in Italy, the white sticker on the back of the cardback explains it. You have to buy the newspaper La Gazetta Dello Sport and you pay a few more than the usual price of the newspaper to get the figure along with it. And you can only find it in newspaper stands or in magazines/books/newspapers little shops (I don't know how you call these shops in the US, or if you have some small shops similar as these ones, usually it's also where you buy lottery tickets and cigarettes and tobacco too).

I believe Hasbro started producing a limited number of this figure before removing it from the Black Series line in 2013, and they must have been stored somewhere until then. Hasbro must have found a good way to get rid of this stock by including them in a that press collection. Since this figure has been produced in small numbers, it was only good for a line that's sold in only one country.

Reaction score
Shame if that's the case. I've got four and I'd love to get a few more. And I don't usually army build.

Reaction score
I had this trooper in my Weequay, ERG case but sold him the week I got it. So this trooper in the Old Republic game existed 1,000 years before the Battle Of Yavin?

Reaction score
Just procured one over on Ebay to close up a portion of my collection finally after a number of years of attempts on and off and scarcity of this figure as time goes on. Old Republic Trooper for $26.99, its reasonable considering everything . Tunghori has them in stock if anyone else is interested.

Reaction score
I've bought a lot of figures from him over the years. I've never had any problems. They are authentic Hasbro figures. I don't question how he acquires them.

Reaction score
They're all real, all of them. :grin:

That person does havea several I've been eying. I should just buy them and be done with it, they obviously aren't coming out again. So i don't know what I'm thinking.

JVM

Reaction score
Are his figures considered real, or bootlegs? I mean, are they real production pieces, QC failures, knock offs, some kinda 'after hours at the factory by the employees' versions, or what?
I've bought from Tughori before and never seen any signs of bootleggery from those toys, and I'm not someone ashamed to admit to dealing in bootlegs. I've just not found any of the telling signs.

Reaction score
Also purchased from Tunghori before he is kinda a magician with putting 8 figures into a small box lol. Some people have said they have had figures with 2 right feet before but have never had that happen with my 2 purchases from him.

Reaction score
Also purchased from Tunghori, never had any problems, and the toys are the same quality as the ones in boxes, don't think they are fakes at all, I'm sure he gets them from the distribution line in batches. not sure how he does that? lol.

Reaction score
I have had one G.I.Joe figure purchased from one of the China sellers in the past that had 2 right feet and one that had the ankle pivot joint rotated wrong so that it can only point his feet down. Both times, the seller replaced the figures for me with no problem.

Reaction score
Not only is it rare, it's also a great all round figure. Accessories, paint apps, sculpt, articulation, it's all there! Damn shame.

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised to see this figure show up in a future WM exclusive BS wave.

Reaction score
I actually don't like the paint apps, it's way too busy. And bright. I think the figure design is fine, but too reminiscent of Clones for my taste. Cody in particular. And I can get Clones all day long for cheap. So nothing missed here.

Reaction score
I don't see the paint apps being any busier than many of the clones, but that's kind of irrelevant to the applications being clean and precise. Especially considering the paint on the armor has specific panels to be coloured that are numerous and small. The only things they could have been done to improve it is to add detail on the insignia and weather it so it didn't pop so much, but the troopers in the game weren't weathered that much in general.

Reaction score
I don't see the paint apps being any busier than many of the clones, but that's kind of irrelevant to the applications being clean and precise. Especially considering the paint on the armor has specific panels to be coloured that are numerous and small. The only things they could have been done to improve it is to add detail on the insignia and weather it so it didn't pop so much, but the troopers in the game weren't weathered that much in general.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Maybe it's because the visor black has a rorschachian look due to the downward nose part as well as the cheek tube black, and that makes the paint apps throughout take on a rorschachian symmetry, and so they 'pop' more and now seem too busy. I know from the first time I saw it I thought of black rorschach blots on the face, with the geometric patterns in the paint apps following that idea.

Reaction score
Got one today. I swear Tunghori is a magician. He gets more figures in a tiny cardboard box than anyone I have ever seen. And still use packing material AND have room to spare.