Republic Scout Speeder w/ ARF Trooper

GNT

Reaction score
This was posted in the Toy Fair thread:

Thoughts on this Mini-Rig?

Reaction score
Re: Clone Trooper w/Mini Rig

Interesting.

Follows the mini-rig tradition in that its overdone. Reduce the weapons, add some landing gear or something. Make it more than an armed seat with engines.

The thing I like the least is the assymetrical canopy "window", which seems to have no reasoning behind it.

I'm guessing a figure can ride standing on the back since there's what look like handles on top.

Reaction score

The ARF looks cool since it could kind of fit into the Security/Riot Gear clones...but the rig is a little...funky

GNT

Reaction score

The clone looks great (Tungie should get him lim) but the Mini-Rig doesn't do much for me lol. Kids will love it though.

Reaction score

I think it looks interesting, possibly a mini Swamp Speeder.
I'll get a couple for the troops.

Reaction score

I like these mini rigs, but I haven't actually bought any 'cause don't really have the space for lots of vehicles.

Reaction score

Looks kinda cool. I like the Red ARF look. I'll have to see it myself first but looks like a "maybe" for me. More for the figure than the vehicle. GI Joes look better with mini-rigs, heh.

Wow, I remember when I had a ESB CAP-2 and a ROTJ MTV-7 back as a kid.

Reaction score

Masterfett said:
I think it looks interesting, possibly a mini Swamp Speeder.
That's exactly what I thought. A Mini-Rig version of the Swamp Speeder, kinda like when the old original vintage Kenner Collection made smaller version of ships that some kids couldn't afford but at least this way they could have some semblance of that given vehicle.

Personally, unless it appears in the show(which is always very unlikely), I have very little interest in this. If someone picks one up & ends up trying to trade off the Clone, I might consider trading for it, but that's the extent of my interest here.

Reaction score

Has anybody heard if it's supposed to be featured in upcoming episodes of the show? Or is did Hasbro create this from scratch?

I don't really want to buy vehicles that don't exist in the show/movies

Reaction score

Then the deluxe line may be out. Hasbro seems to be following vintage Kenner in this regard - the mini-rigs are based either on original concepts or extremely downscaled versions of larger vehicles.

Reaction score

Me: Wow, how hideous.
6yr old son: Wow, I want I want I want!!!
Us: pew pew pew!

Reaction score

While I like the logo on his shoulder I'm not a fan of TCW Clones so I'll be pitching them.

JAG

Reaction score

The vehicle is lame, but the ARF's paintjob is pretty cool. I'd almost buy it just to get him. Almost.

Reaction score
Good troop building pack! If I see one of these i'll pick it up though I don't hold out much hope as the only Figure/Vehicle packs we get out here in Ireland are the Barc Speeder/Obi-Wan, Pirate Bike/Cad Bane and Speeder Bike/ Plo Koon.

Reaction score
I usually never pick up mini rigs, but I'm getting one of these! I like the red arf trooper a lot, and he'll go great with my growing Senate Security forces. The rig's nice, too. It could be used as a recon tank.

Reaction score
AgentClaret said:
I don't like the ARF, but the vehicle is cool. It reminds me of the minirigs form the 80s that I wasn't alive to appreciate but that I'm still going to namedrop anyways...
I'll take your ARF off your hands or sell you the vehicle if I pick an extra up. PM coming.

Reaction score
That ARF trooper needs some more paint apps to make it interesting, I'll be customizing it with camo or weathering or somesuch. The red visor is cool but it's not enough to distinguish this one IMO.

The scout flyer is pretty cool.

Mini-Rigs RULE!!! They were awesome in the original Kenner line and I am happy that the idea has been revived.

Reaction score
It appears this set, as well as the other new deluxe sets are going to be hitting retail shortly!! My question is...anyone know if these will be using the came DCPI number at Target or if these will be assigned a new one? If they are using the old number, then a lot of cheapskates who took advantage of that Hasbro receipt promotion back in January are going to be swapping out their crappy freebies from Hasbro for these new sets!

Reaction score
Bosski said:
It appears this set, as well as the other new deluxe sets are going to be hitting retail shortly!! My question is...anyone know if these will be using the came DCPI number at Target or...a new one?
Unfortunately, I'm not sure as to the answer to your query. However, I too, have a question: In regards to that initial sentence in your post (the one about this and the other new Deluxe sets hitting retail stores shortly)-----you posted this exact prediction in 3 or 4 separate threads now-----I'm curious, is there a specific reason you know this, or maybe how you came by this information?

I'm genuinely curious if this is factual "inside info" or simply a guess due to some placard or slide show from months back? It would be wonderful if it were, indeed, true. But again, I'm just truly curious as to whether it is or not.

I thank you very much, in advance, for your help, it would be very much appreciated.

Reaction score
Maynard said:
Bosski said:
It appears this set, as well as the other new deluxe sets are going to be hitting retail shortly!! My question is...anyone know if these will be using the came DCPI number at Target or...a new one?
Unfortunately, I'm not sure as to the answer to your query. However, I too, have a question: In regards to that initial sentence in your post (the one about this and the other new Deluxe sets hitting retail stores shortly)-----you posted this exact prediction in 3 or 4 separate threads now-----I'm curious, is there a specific reason you know this, or maybe how you came by this information?

I'm genuinely curious if this is factual "inside info" or simply a guess due to some placard or slide show from months back? It would be wonderful if it were, indeed, true. But again, I'm just truly curious as to whether it is or not.

I thank you very much, in advance, for your help, it would be very much appreciated.
Someone posted on Jedi Temple Archives that these are just hitting the Phillipines now and should be here in a few weeks. I asked about a possible new DCPI number because the cases now are labeling these as "Class I Fleet Vehicles" This number comes in handy for backroom requests, but if they're phasing out the old DCPI, it doesn't help me much in my search. My Target is completely out of them and there is a gray dot on the tags.

Reaction score
My Target doesn't even have Deluxe pegs anymore... just those vintage 3-packs and Transformers Crossovers next to the basic figs. Oh, and the CW 2-packs (with the orange clones & Geonosis guys)

Reaction score
Picked this up today (in Germany). There's a platform on the back for a second figure to stand on (with pegs). It's pretty cool.

Reaction score
This reminds me of a shrunken Swamp Speeder. I wasn't a fan of the Swamp Speeder so this doesn't interest me, but it's another neat Mini-Rig in terms of making something big smaller.