Republic Gunship - Remote Control

GNT

Reaction score
We've heard alot about Hasbro moving towards releasing a few remote control toys and we've got our first glipse at a mock up...

Any thoughts on this?

Reaction score
Very BOOOOOO! This sucks...I was hoping for something more in-scale. Easy pass for me. Kids might like it...

Reaction score
LMFAO! I bet RadioShack will carry this. I'm totally banking on it. It'll show up in one of my shipments soon.

Yeah, that's laughably bad. So so so so SO laughably bad.

Reaction score
I was wondering how they were going to do this. Man that is ugly. I doubt it has the vertical lift to be able to carry clones. And it will be pricey

Definite pass.

Reaction score
I wasn't expecting much, but was expecting more. I'll pass.

Reaction score
This looks like an interesting concept, but nothing I'd imagine most collectors would be interested in...kids would have a field day with something like this though.

Reaction score
This is exactly what I was expecting. Just wasn't sure if the gunship shape had the right center of gravity for the set up. I own 3 different airhogs helicopters. They are great fun. If the price is decent on this, it's a must buy for me. If the price is over $60 then I'm waiting on clearance/sale.

CSD

Reaction score
I might get this just to fly around for battles..I also hope that they will make a CIS vehicle also.

Reaction score
Phew - gives me more time to unload my two gunship pilots with pods that I've always meant to unload but never do.

Reaction score
I don't think my son would want this. If I were Hasbro I would put the resources focused on this somewhere else. Clearance isle for sure.

Reaction score
Does this go with the 3 3/4 fvigures? No? Then dont even release it, save the plastic and room on teh shelves. Every year or so Hasbro treis some stupid crap like this. Reminds me of teh Choppers. If they just HAVE to to a gimmicky RC thing then do the wookiee helicoptor but only if it will lift a figure

Reaction score
A helo that could lift a figure (and still be fully under control) would cost well over $100. To get an estimate of how big this thing will probably be, check out the air hogs reflex helicopter.

GNT

Reaction score
bikerscout said:
why not a smaller or OT vehicle first???
Hasbro could've released a Remote Control Landspeeder which could be in scale with figures and the ability to drive around. That would've been a better choice then this though.

Reaction score
Wow hope this isn't the $60 deluxe vehicle we've been hearing about. This is a pass.

Reaction score
If it is like the air hogs reflex helicopter and about $60, I am in!

Reaction score
If I were a kid, I would really dig this, I bet. (Which is good since the CW line is selling so well to kids)

As it is, it is a much-needed pass. I have a feeling I will be spending a lot of cash this year without this one, so that's fine with me.

Reaction score
This honestly looks very cheesy and it an easy pass for me I've really cut back on buying crap in a box!

Reaction score
Yeah, its a total kiddy toy. Perfectly all right though; this line has to have something for everyone.

Reaction score
i told you this is what it was going to be. a star wars version of that remote control helicopter you can order on tv. nothing to do with the 3 3/4 figures

Reaction score
Interesting.

I was looking for an excuse to by one of those airhog helicopters! But this will probably be too pricey for my budget.

Reaction score
bikerscout said:
Because Clone Wars is the "Hot" thing of the season for kids! They're digging it!

Hip_about_Time said:
Does this go with the 3 3/4 fvigures? No? Then dont even release it, save the plastic and room on teh shelves. Every year or so Hasbro treis some stupid crap like this. Reminds me of teh Choppers. If they just HAVE to to a gimmicky RC thing then do the wookiee helicoptor but only if it will lift a figure
1) Spell it properly, comon! You're making yourself like Battlefield / Jedi_Trooper
2) That's what they said with Might Muggs, Galactic Heroes, Mini Unleashed Battlepacks, they were a success. Sure, the chopper failed, and some other things - but that doesn't mean it WILL fail again!
jedichewie7934 said:
Interesting.

I was looking for an excuse to by one of those airhog helicopters! But this will probably be too pricey for my budget.
I'd imagine a pricey 20-25? I guess...?

Reaction score
GNT said:
bikerscout said:
Hasbro could've released a Remote Control Landspeeder which could be in scale with figures and the ability to drive around. That would've been a better choice then this though.
for a second i thought u put flying Sandcrawler -

Reaction score
a remote control landspeeder would be sick. wioslea could become a cabbie.
hurry up driver i need to be at the cantina by a quarter to 4.

Reaction score
jedichewie7934 said:
Interesting.

Check out Target. Last Thursday I bought a set with 2 helicopters in the clearance section. Retail was $84, I paid $21. Darn shame I gave them to my friend to hold for her son's birthday in september. I thought about buying 2 sets so I could play immediately, but I didn't, so I'll have to wait 8 months.

Reaction score
Found this at TRU today, there was also one of Obi-Wans Starfighter. It looks to be set up as the basic air hogs helis. That is only counter rotating props. No additional motor/s to help push it forward. For $34.99 the price isn't too far off similar non-licensed toys. Now to wait for it to finish charging and see if I got my moneys worth.

Reaction score
Well flew it around a bit. It was fun and my girlfriends daughter liked it. The intersting thing is that this has a circular guard around the blades. Makes this 'easier' to fly as opposed to air hogs, because if you hit the ceiling or walls you just bounce off or rub along them instead of crashing out of control.

GNT

Reaction score
Haven't heard anything about this one in ages so good to hear it's actually in stores atm as I thought Hasbro might've just dropped it completely.

Reaction score
CdtWeasel said:
Well flew it around a bit. It was fun and my girlfriends daughter liked it. The intersting thing is that this has a circular guard around the blades. Makes this 'easier' to fly as opposed to air hogs, because if you hit the ceiling or walls you just bounce off or rub along them instead of crashing out of control.
Thanks for the info. I've been looking forward to this since they announced it at Toy Fair.

E...

Reaction score
I saw the Gunship & the Jedi Starfighter at TRU last week. I'd almost forgotten about them. And the price isn't bad.

Unfortunately, I had to pass on it for now. But then again TRU has the free Clone Trooper handbook with a $30 purchase! Hmmm...