Republic gunship lands in french TRUs

Reaction score
I found about 8 of them this monday in my local toysrus also priced at 70 euros
guess I won't be getting this
oh and BTW they had two red clonetroopers and a hangar duel anakin so I guess they finally arrived too (although I already have them and they are probably 12 euros (there was no price))

Reaction score
Went to my local TRU on satursday and surprisingly stumbled on 2 republic gunships. I recently read a news about them being available for christmas but i didn't expect to find them so early in the season. The bad news, it is priced at 70 Euros. Worse, checking their catalog, it was even more expensive almost reaching 90 Euros. I passed on this one.

[ 10-30-2002, 12:05 PM: Message edited by: TK-842 ]

Reaction score
I spotted a Anakin Hangar Duel too 2 weeks ago. Like other imported figures it was (over)priced at 11.99 Euros.

Reaction score
Originally posted by TK-842:
I spotted a Anakin Hangar Duel too 2 weeks ago. Like other imported figures it was (over)priced at 11.99 Euros.
<font size="2" face="arial">LOL... 12 Euro = Overpriced... LOL... Over here the import figures are 16 Euro! That's overpriced!

Especially since the non-import figures were between 10-12 Euro... And lucky for us, all they had over here were Obi-Wan, Anakin & Jango!

Reaction score
I guess everything looks overpriced to me because of these boards. I read all over the place figures are sold between $3 and $6 in the US and it hurts

Reaction score
You can't imagine how American collectors are lucky, I went twice to the States something like 18 months and 24 months after Episode 1 was out and I paid E1 figs about 1 to 2 bucks and all ships for 2 bucks including pod and everything.
I bought tons of POTF2 back in 1999 when I lived there for something like 4 to 5 bucks...

The big difference is that dumping is forbidden in France and most countries in Europe, and it's not in the US, so let's put it this way: to sell overstock, they priced everything so cheap.

In Dallas, I bought Queen Amidala Dolls for 50 cents each and the borad game with luke and vader figs for 5 bucks. Crazy I tell you, this is crazy...

I have a large collection now and I'm sure that if I had bought everything in France it would have been more expensive than my trip to the states including the plane, the accomodation, the food and everything...

I'm going to NY next year to show it to my gf but to visit the biggest TRU in the world too, it opened a couple of years ago and I need to see that...