Republic Gunship - Crumb Bomber v2

GNT

Reaction score
Since the last thread is nearing the end please continue on here.

Source: The Clone Wars
Year: 2009 Toys "R" Us Exclusive
Assortment Number: 91799
UPC Number: 6 56569 44969 0

Weapons and Accessories:

Firing Missile Launchers
Opening Canopy
Flip-Open Missile Launchers
Deployable Troop Platform
Swiveling Tail Gun
2 Chin Gun Missiles
2 Firing Laser Cannons
2 Rotating Turrets
2 Storage Bays
20 Missiles
Combat Handle
Vehicle Transport Bay
Diorama Insert

Click the image above for more images

The Republic Gunship can blast the droid army with blistering weapons fire and transport of clone troopers into battle. This aerial attack craft is heavily armed with missile launchers, chin guns, and bubble-shaped laser cannon turrets. Rugged and fast, the LAAT/i (Low-Altitiude Assault Transport/infantry) vessel is a Republic workhorse, seeing extensive combat throughout the Clone Wars

Points of Interest:

• This Republic Gunship ("Crumb Bomber") is based on the 2002 SAGA Republic Gunship, with a few new features: the side doors can be completely sealed off, and the top cannons now have hidden rotating missile launchers.
  • The text on the nose art says "Laugh This Off" in Aurabesh

Thoughts on this vehicle? Did anyone end up army building this vehicle?

Reaction score
Please for the sake of the creator make the next gunship with the full doors, but make them collapsing or half removable if possible...

I am still disappointed that the few of these that they had at my local TRU only lasted a few weeks and were never seen again!

Reaction score
This thing hung around at my TRU for ages, and they must've had at least 30 of them floating around the store, but the ridiculous price point kept me from buying it. Then, when I heard it was on clearance I ran over to see if I could score this and the TIE Interceptor that had been warming and put on clearance as well, and when I got there, they were all gone, completely disappeared, and I know that they didn't sell through all of them, so I was incredibly frustrated needless to say. My hope is that the next time they re-release this, they wait until the 3D release of AOTC, so that way it would stand a chance of not being an exclusive, and hopefully have a slightly lower price-point. This is probably just wishful thinking though.

Reaction score
This is my second favorite incarnation of the Gunship. It loses out to my black "Command Gunship" though, but only by a little. The tinted cockpit windows are a little detracting IMO, and those side doors (not the bay doors, but the ones DIRECTLY behind the cockpit) flop open too easily sometimes.

But other than that the Crumb Bomber is a solid ship. Just can't beat the butt-kickin' paintjob that the Command Gunship has though.

Reaction score
Will Hasbro release another gunship anytime soon? I have an original AOTC gunship, but would love to add a Clone Wars version with the full doors. I would love to get a "Shark Face" version too! Anyone think that Hasbro will re-release that one too?

Reaction score
Hopefully they do , ill take any of the " Landing at Point Rain " decos as well!

GNT

Reaction score
They release one every few years so maybe in a year or 2 they'll re-release one.

Reaction score
I was kind of disappointed to have missed out on this one. I had really thought that it was going to stick around for years. But it disappeared quickly.

I would like to see it released with multiple nose art options. There really are a lot of cool ones that have been on the show.

Reaction score
If it's in the same price range as the Clone Shuttle, is it possible Hasbro would ship the Gunship along with the Shuttle? I don't remember the Gunship hanging around very long on shelves except when it was overpriced as an exclusive.

Reaction score
I'd like to see this Gunship mold return, I never got it the first time because I wasn't fond of the nose art.
But I'd get one if it had a cool design, I've been wanting the closed up model.

Reaction score
If the ARC-170/Y-Wing model had worked better, I'd think that Hasbro would try a Gunship/Republic Attack Ship release for this year but I believe Hasbro even owned up to the fact that the ARC/Y-Wing release didn't do well. Because of that, we probably won't get a Gunship released with the Shuttle.

My guess, if we don't see a RG this Fall as an exclusive somewhere, we'll probably get one again next year. It seemed that both the Walmart and TRU releases did well so I'd think Hasbro would want to get it out there again if they can.

I really hate having to pay around $70 for the Gunship since it originally started $30 cheaper, but I'll take any version that Hasbro wants to release. If they included a few different nose art sticker options, even better.

E...

Reaction score
My kids and I watch the Landing at Point Rain episode over and over. It seems like the gunship pops up in a lot of the CW episodes so it's featured pretty prominently all the time.. I would hooe that it comes out again soon..

I really like the idea of customizable nose art!

Reaction score
I think the $70 price tag had a big impact on the Gunship and ARC-170 doing well, at $50 I could force myself to buy it if it's cool looking.
However, at $70 I simply don't need it that bad, I find it funny that this ship jumped $30 while the Starfighter class only went up around $5.

I know their excuse was they didn't have anything to fit the $60 price point to hold the spot for Y-Wing, so they gambled and lost.

Reaction score
it would be kinda cool to have some sort of printable nose art on one of the sites, or maybe mix your own of available images to create your own nose art.

Reaction score
So see'ing as the republic shuttle just aint doin it for me , i'd like to see another 1 of these brought out. Give it some new paint ( Like wolffes scheme !) an ull have me sold in an instant. Maybe just M.O. but i think ship is still in enough demand to warrant another go arnd. An sides , Plo's Bro's needs some personal fire power of their own!

Reaction score
I definitely agree. Especially since the Crumb bomber is the only gunship so far to have fully closed doors. We need more variants of this design.

And yes, as popular the Wolfpack troops are, I can't believe we haven't gotten their gunship yet.

Unfortunately, though, i wouldn't be surprised if we we're stuck with the attack shuttle for a couple years.

Reaction score
its a garuntee that they will have 1-2 variants of this ship with the re-release of episode II and III in 3D, too bad thats a couple years wait still

Reaction score
This needs to come back--prices on ebay are outrageous and it's a featured vehicle on the Clone Wars.

Reaction score
Quick question here:

When did this actually show up?? It's listed as a 2009 TRU Exclusive in the Photo Archives, but I don't recall ever recall seeing it? Did I just miss it?

And also-----what's the story on the Walmart Exclusive Gunship--"The Lucky Lekku"?? Did that one ever show up as well?

Reaction score
It was out for Christmas 2009, but it was way over priced. I think it was nearly $80. I passed on it expecting that it would eventually be on sale (Like $35 YWings or $49 AT-TEs) and also be around for years to come. Alot of TRU exclusives live long lives on the shelves.

But that didn't happen here. The Crumb bomber never went on a good sale and it disappeared right after Christmas. I only saw is stocked lightly. I regret not having a Gunship, but I really don't regret being smart enough to pass it up at $80.

There will be more repaints in the future, so while we may never see the Crumb again, its only a matter of time before the Gunship appears once more.

Reaction score
Both Gunships, the Crumb Bomber and Lucky Lekku, came and went fairly quickly at their repective retailers.

As Cyclone mentioned, the Crumb Bomber retailed for $80, but the enhancements to the vehicle helped take the sting out of the price for many collectors.

The Lucky Lekku was $50 at Wal-Mart. I drug my feet on this one as long as I could, hoping for some kind of pricing assistance. Once I saw a local store with two remaining on the shelf, I grabbed it, remembering how I regretted not buying the black & white CW Gunship, only to watch the secondary market price soar.

GNT

Reaction score
The Republic Gunship is one of the main vehicles we see in the cartoon series, while I doubt we'll see the same versions done I'm positive we'll see some other variations to come in the next few years with different decos.

Reaction score
I stand corrected from my 2011 post. They never did repaint this ship as I had expected them too. But then again in 2011, I didn't expect Hasbro to abandon TCW to the extent that they did in 2012. At least there was one more gunship made, even if it didn't have the closed doors.

but to answer your question. Based on the Photo Archive, it does appear that the gun turrets do fit on the Crumb bomber.

Reaction score
Both Gunships, the Crumb Bomber and Lucky Lekku, came and went fairly quickly at their repective retailers.

As Cyclone mentioned, the Crumb Bomber retailed for $80, but the enhancements to the vehicle helped take the sting out of the price for many collectors.

The Lucky Lekku was $50 at Wal-Mart. I drug my feet on this one as long as I could, hoping for some kind of pricing assistance. Once I saw a local store with two remaining on the shelf, I grabbed it, remembering how I regretted not buying the black & white CW Gunship, only to watch the secondary market price soar.
Just reading about a $50 gunship makes me want to cry. Especially the Lucky Lekku, which is quickly becoming in my mind a "classic" gunship.

Reaction score
I was able to get two over the past year. And I upgraded the most recent release TVC TRU Gunship with doors.

Reaction score
I count three Republic Attack Shuttles, three gunships, and two Y-wings, two fighter tanks. Sweet! Your airspace is secure.

Reaction score
There is 3 Y Wings, one at the far left hiding behind the Cobra Deviant. I got a descent size Republic strike force. I been building up the factions, but room is difficult to come by.

Reaction score
Hi does someone know what pilots fly the gunship in episod 3 rots??? Pleas add a photo
Are the pilots of the gunship the same as in eposide 2 aotc

Reaction score
Not sure if we can see the Pilots of the Gun ships in ROTS. Its been a while since I watched it.

hehe, now I have an excuse.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi ill get one in a week but now its easter and i have time to build a doirama does anyone know how long high and... it is??
please in cm

Last edited:
Reaction score

The Crumb bomber was spotted in Star Wars: Rebels. It is used as a street/building decoration for bar. So we know what the destiny for this ship is.

Reaction score
Interesting, I'll bet that the Lucky Lekku is hanging on the Nightclub across the street! lol