Republic Fighter Tank

GNT

Reaction score
Looks like we'll be seeing a Republic Fighter Tank in the new Movie Heroes style packaging in 2013, picture up here.

Who's picking this one up?

Reaction score
I might. I've always wanted one, and this one allows me to have one without it taking up so much room. I just hope it can still fit 2 guys. XD

The new packaging kicks this year's' *****. I hate the white and blue style of the packaging. Maul on it makes it look ugly, especially with the bad picture of him on it. Yoda looks a lot better with the green, and the white mixed with it looks awesome!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Cheap looking on the bottom, hollow areas, no wheels underneath.

Might work as a scout version of the real deal...but the clone have scout vehicles galore.

Pass. No idea why they made a non-movie vehicle they'd already done into something smaller.

Reaction score
As if it wasn't bad enough that there are multiple versions of this vehicle in the larger scale already!
Awful. Just awful.

Reaction score
Not interested in a smaller and subpar version of a vehicle I already have.

Also, with all the reeditions of this vehicle floating around, how come we've never seen an imperial version? That's the only one I'd buy.

Reaction score
It does fit two figures, both inside.

It's actually not a lot smaller than the current version.

Reaction score
This is cool for anyone that wants to build an armor squad and doesn't have a lot of space. The original only had space for 3 figures, so having space for 2 is pretty good.

Reaction score
Originally I think it was a one-person tank anyway (it was the vehicle you rode for most of the 2003 Clone Wars game, and you were apparently the only person riding it), before changing to a two-seater for Battlefront. The larger three-seater is cool and more accurate for a vehicle of its size, but losing a copilot won't make me tear up. I would've loved to get the old one as it was a favorite vehicle of mine (since the 2003 game was what introduced me to Star Wars), and my brother has the blue version - which made me jealous - but I'll be able to store the smaller version better. If they made a blue version of this, I'd snap it up.

Reaction score
I was going to ask if this scale might be more accurate. It always seemed like it should be more in scale with the Swamp Speeder.

Reaction score
Another fair point as well. The original one may have been scaled to fit the starfighter assortment.

Reaction score

Oh god...

Did anyone else see the "BATTLE ONLINE!" sticker for the Fighter Pods?

:rolleyes:

What do they have to do with the 3 3/4 inch line!? :disgusted:

Forgot to mention how left and right view ports are completely useless when the ****pit only fits one guy. :whistling:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Nothing, but Hasbro is determined to get each and every one of us to buy at least one fighter pod pack.

I guess those things are doing well because they have more planned. Have you ever seen anybody actually buy those things?
It's really sad that they have to ruin the packaging for stuff like that. Those will probably end up as mailaways in the next few years.

ZX3

Reaction score
Maybe Fighter Pods are featured more prominantly on the box because they appear to scale to these new ridiculously small vehicles.

Reaction score
Forgot to mention how left and right view ports are completely useless when the ****pit only fits one guy. :whistling:
The driver just stares at the partition between them.

Still sad they have no wheels under this one. For the kids, but can't be driven around on the floor. Cheeeeap!

I wanted an Imperial version of the larger mold.

Reaction score
There are no wheels?
That kind of ruins it, doesn't it?

I was going to pick one up, but without wheels, it kind of seems pointless.

Reaction score
I bought this today. It is junk, it really feels incomplete and cheap. I repackaged it and am going to return it tomorrow...really disappointed in this.

I've been ignoring vehicles like this, hasn't there been a more recent release besides the RC one?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Saw it and the rest of the wave in France at 34.51€ each one. Passed on all of them as they are too small.

Reaction score
The full size versions (red, blue and the hard-to-find green one) are nice vehicles. This mini-rigging of already-released regular-size vehicles is BS. Not buying them.

Reaction score
This mini-rigging of already-released regular-size vehicles is BS.
Yes, it is basically a flat piece of plastic that got stamped/molded into the shape of the tank, then had a ****pit door attached to the top of it.

It has no wheels and no weight to it. I know I already posted about it, but I'm just so disappointed. As an OT purist, I was excited to expand my horizons a bit and try something new.

The damn Yavin janitor cart has more mass to it than this thing. Don't buy it.

Reaction score
Yes, it is basically a flat piece of plastic that got stamped/molded into the shape of the tank, then had a ****pit door attached to the top of it.

It has no wheels and no weight to it. I know I already posted about it, but I'm just so disappointed. As an OT purist, I was excited to expand my horizons a bit and try something new.

The damn Yavin janitor cart has more mass to it than this thing. Don't buy it.
Oh, don't you worry your pretty little head.

Reaction score
Well yeah its weak, but I'm on the fence with this particular vehicle. Bought 1 at toys r us the other night, and its so much smaller. Good thing is it takes up less shelf space but otherwise its more like a scout/light tank . What they shouldve did was remove the dummy two squarish viewing windows and make a rectangular window for just the one driver. Am thinking of customizing it somehow and maybe add a piece of red or clear plastic for armored glass. I find this particular mini-redeemable cause the hatch on top works and the canons are of the same kind as found on the more scaled(but harder to find tank).