Republic AV-7 Mobile Cannon

Reaction score
RaptorBandito said:
Are these only showing up at TRU so far?
Yep but small numbers.So far 1 has been found in Phoenix AZ.Come August there will be a decent number,i hope can only hope.

Reaction score
Got really excited when I had an employee pull a new case of vehicles at TRU today only to find no Cannon inside, just a ton of re-packs.

Reaction score
I saw the this at a TRU yesterday, and I want it badly. I debated on picking it up until I saw the new $27.99 price point. They can basically... you know... insert it for that amount. I'll wait to find one at Target.

Reaction score
Saw this at Meijer about two weeks ago, passed at the time, and immediately regretted it. Went back a few days later when I got the chance and it was already gone. Still kicking myself profusely for doing so.

Reaction score
I love that they didn't try to overdue the color scheme on this in order to make it more cartoonish and (probably)more appealing to kids. I love the subtlety, the few colors that they did use they did with good restraint. I also like the the feature of the legs raising in order for it to become "mobile". Until I saw those pics I didn't even know that they were going to feature that but I'm glad that they did, I really like it.

This came out much better than I originally expected it to when I first heard that it might possibly be made.

Reaction score
I couldn't agree more, the color scheme is really great on this thing, and the features and size really make me feel as though I got my money's worth. This thing is just so big and beefy, and just plain awesome that I want to get at least 1 more, if not 2 or 3. This is the kind of stuff that they need to be making in the Starfighter assortment, so hopefully they ship this with future assortments as well.

Reaction score
Bought this at TRU along with the Xanadu Blood a couple hours ago. Haven't opened it yet but based on the photos in this thread I think I'll like it.

Reaction score
Now all we need is the SPHA-T and we will have the Republic Ground Forces down...

Reaction score
FDOIRex said:
Now all we need is the SPHA-T and we will have the Republic Ground Forces down...
That would be awesome! The question with that then becomes do we want a "disproportionate" version in the $25 starfighter line, or do we want them to put it in the $60-80 line, like the Y-Wing and ARC-170 or the Attack Shuttle, and make it slightly smaller than or equal to AT-TE sized?

Reaction score
FDOIRex said:
It would be great if it was a medium-sized version, with a removable bridge that looks like the separate forward position outpost Yoda commands the troops from in AOTC. This vehicle would be perfect as a motorized walker with a working "laser" light and sound effects. Not only that, but it could make a great carrying case, too.

Reaction score
I got around to opening this bad boy up and it is a great vehicle. Well worth the price considering what some of the inferior ships at this price offer.

It's like a mini command station...great toy.

Reaction score
MaxGoof said:
So months later this is STILL only at Toys R Us? What the heck?
It's not like Target ever got the Jedi Turbo Speeder or Army of the Republic Battle Pack either. Lately they've been so backed up on old waves of various products that they seem to just be riding the clock out chainwide and not ordering new stuff. The $3 price difference between Target and TRU isn't that big a deal now that they're only doing, what, one new vehicle every 3 months?

Reaction score
Saw this at my TRU on sale yesterday for $25.15. Looks cool, but I've been spending too much lately, so I had to pass.

Reaction score
It's not like Target ever got the Jedi Turbo Speeder or Army of the Republic Battle Pack either. Lately they've been so backed up on old waves of various products that they seem to just be riding the clock out chainwide and not ordering new stuff. The $3 price difference between Target and TRU isn't that big a deal now that they're only doing, what, one new vehicle every 3 months?
And is that their fault? No, It's Hasbro. My question is - why is it that TRU, the store which charges $11 a figure and theortically shouldn't get anything new due to a backlog get all the new stuff?

Reaction score
I had my first sighting of this at TRU today and passed, even though I had a 20% off coupon. It's just not interesting to me.

Reaction score
Saw this at TRU once and it was gone when I came back the next day when TRU had their last sale. Even though its on list of wants, I don't regret passing on it for now.

Last edited:
Reaction score
No kidding. I would only buy a vehicle from them if it was very high on my list and extremely scarce. Kinda like the Jedi Turbo speeder which I lucked out on at WM only once. About 6 months later I saw my 2nd one at TRU. If I hadn't gotten it at WM, I would have paid the TRU price.

Reaction score
If I had enough room for this vehicle this would be an immediate buy. Just watched a review and I really dig the paint apps :love-struck:

Reaction score
Agreed. I've wavered back and forth on this one since it was announced in the vehicle line, but it's probably the most interesting addition to that price point I've seen all year. The only downside I'm seeing that I'll need to track down yet another Clone Gunner.

Reaction score
Where is this thing?? I thought this was suppose to be out in September..

Reaction score
I've only seen this in the wild twice and both times being at TRU. I bought it the 2nd time I saw it using Rewards $ to soften the blow of TRU's mark-up.

Reaction score
I found it at walmart but the register said not to sell it. I was pretty bummed but sure enough, some genius put it back out the next day so I stashed it till it shows up on the price scanner.:shame:

Reaction score
I have had this for a few months and it is easily my favorite vehicle purchase this year. So much value for the money when compared to some of the other vehicles released at this price point.

It's almost a mini playset