Republic AV-7 Mobile Cannon

GNT

Reaction score
This one has been brought to our attention, it's been posted over at EE and was set for a May release but I highly doubt it'll be out by the end of this month since we've yet to see a picture of it.

For those that aren't up todate with vehicles, check out a picture and details of this vehicle over at Wiki.

Who's up for this one?

Reaction score
Re: Republic Artillery Cannon

I'd rather have the Separatist one, it's more interesting.

Reaction score

Looking forward to it!

As for the Separatist Cannon. Sure, sounds interesting as long as it can double as the Invisible Hand's cannons from ROTS.

Reaction score

Sounds interesting. I'll have to see how this looks in toy form before I decide.

Reaction score

Is that separatist cannon from the Ryloth episodes? I remember they had them too.

Reaction score

Rune_Haako said:
Dude, don't take offense to this, but you'd rather have Separatist anything, because you're Rune Haako, and one of several bigtime Separatist fans. I mean, sure, we need some Seppie stuff, I agree. A new Nute Gunray or Passel Argente would be nice, but this is Hasbro, and the Seps are the bad guys. The closest Hasbro will get to baddies is Dooku, Ventress, Grievous, Opress, Vader, or other Sith, plus battle droids or stormtroopers. The only time they made Separatist leaders was the major movie releases (AOTC and ROTS). Maybe when the Blurays come around.

Reaction score

I really want this republic cannon ! I've been waiting for it since 2008 !

Reaction score

I'm hoping that Hasbro will take the opportunity two kill two birds with one release with this and include a Clone Gunner in Geonosis Camo gear, I mean to say it can't be that hard can it?

Reaction score

That's a great idea, Jon_Dowe_Nunk02!
Yes to the Geonosis camo Gunner.

Reaction score

Rune_Haako said:
More interesting? They are both big canons with legs. Not much else going on designwise that would greatly distinguish one more than the other.

Reaction score

Jon_Dowe_Nunk02 said:
I'm hoping that Hasbro will take the opportunity two kill two birds with one release with this and include a Clone Gunner in Geonosis Camo gear, I mean to say it can't be that hard can it?
I would definitely buy this pack if it came with the clone gunner with geonosis camo.

Reaction score

Lifeinabox said:
Rune_Haako said:
More interesting? They are both big canons with legs. Not much else going on designwise that would greatly distinguish one more than the other.
I'm guessing it's the eyes that make the difference for Rune, but then I get the impression he is predisposed towards favouring the Seppies.

GNT

Reaction score

Perhaps if the Republic version sells well we might see the Separatist version released at some point.

Reaction score

This could be really cool. I'm looking forward to seeing photos from SDCC.

Reaction score

I'm buying on no doubt! Wonder how big it'll be. Obviously not to scale, but I just hope it's reasonable.

Reaction score

I hope it's to scale so I can shoot my neighbor over the wall with it. lol I cant wait to see pix also. I've been waiting for it since I saw it in the movie. Definitely a getter

Reaction score

EE has it listed as coming in May, maybe this one will be out quickly just like the Droid Tank that appeared out of nowhere.

Reaction score

Zylek said:
EE has it listed as coming in May, maybe this one will be out quickly just like the Droid Tank that appeared out of nowhere.
I'm not sure because BBTS has listed it for July and like there is no pics yet , I trust in BBTS.
I preordered it.

Reaction score

I'm hoping it's that one with the long straight lasers from the end battle of AOTC on Geonosis that shoots the Federation ships to stop them from leaving.
I mean, heck, it's a pretty iconic cannon, seen more than quite a bit of action on several different planets/battles, AND (most importantly) EXPOSED TO MANY FANS AND FEATURED in many different mediums (film, cartoon, graphic novels, so on(and that's usually Hasbro's major decision making point---"will enough people, kids & adults both, immediately recognize it".
Thus I would guess that's our guy on this one.

Reaction score

For those that may not frequent the Rebelscum home page!

I like it and the scale is about what I expected but I'm unsure about a purchase at this moment in time

It's a definate..maybe

Reaction score

I'm happy to preordered it. It's an awesome cannon.

Reaction score

This one still looks like a candidate for the mid-sized vehicle selection rather than deluxe, and I might just get it. I've got a Clone Gunner for this beast somewhere...

Reaction score

I missed out on the SC(single-carded) Clone Gunner. Always liked the look of their armor since the ROTS Phase 2 version.

Cannon looks good. Artillery used to be called "The King of the Battlefield". But I don't know if I really want to get a cannon just for the figure. May as well order a few SC Gunners isntead, if they are not too expensive in the aftermarket.

Reaction score

Awesome looking! Now everyone's Christophsis diorama is complete.

Reaction score

Looks like a pretty decent size! Good job Hasbro, I'm buying 1!

Reaction score

Hasbro said it would never happen but 3 years later here it is. Can't wait to pick one up.

Reaction score

ARCAvenger said:
Looks like a pretty decent size! Good job Hasbro, I'm buying 1!
I agree, I was expecting the worse and for it be smaller. this looks good.

GNT

Reaction score

Turned out better than I imagined, I'd buy one bbut don't have the room to have one displayed just atm.

Reaction score

I absolutely love it mang! Definitely gonna get about 8....ok just 2 will do.

Reaction score

I like this thing, not something I expected at all, nor something I ever thought I'd pick up, but I have to say it looks pretty cool and I am tempted to bring home one or two when they hit stores

Reaction score

I hope this isn't somewhat smaller size item and ends up in the (already TWENTY DOLLARS EACH) Deluxe Line. Because otherwise, the only other option is to put it in the "Starfighter Footprint" size line, which at the time is in the $25 range. I'd rather pay $25 for medium size vehicle rather than $20 for a small "Deluxe" Line 5" x 5" mini-rig.

Reaction score

Revanfan1 said:
Cool. I like the gunnery clone.
Maybe I missed something because in the pic it looks like a totally basic white clone to me. Wouldn't it be better if it had one of the tank gunner style clones with the extra padding? Maybe this isn't finalized yet.

Reaction score

kuger14 said:
Revanfan1 said:
Cool. I like the gunnery clone.
Maybe I missed something because in the pic it looks like a totally basic white clone to me. Wouldn't it be better if it had one of the tank gunner style clones with the extra padding? Maybe this isn't finalized yet.
Meh, does anyone actually care in all reality? We can just stick whichever clone looks best in there, right? So definitely no big deal on that count, IMHO.

Reaction score

Just give us a figure with it is all I ask. I'm down for whatever clone but would like a better clone, but whatever clone is cool...