Republic Attack Dropship with Clone Pilot

GNT

Reaction score
Looks like we'll be seeing another new figure with mini vehicle in the near future - the Republic Attack Dropship with Clone Pilot figure , take a look and let us know what you think:

Pictures from Sandtroopers.com.

Worth picking up?

Reaction score
Am I the only one who wishes Hasbro would stop not giving these clones their proper names? First Warthog, then Blackout, now Oddball.
--Also, I kind of hope they don't reveal that last set, or there might not be anything new at Toy Fair.

GNT

Reaction score
It doesn't bother me either way but by not giving them names fans are probably more likely to pick up a few to army build.

Reaction score
Am I the only one who wishes Hasbro would stop not giving these clones their proper names? First Warthog, then Blackout, now Oddball.
As an opener, I don't need to see his name on the package to know that this is a phase 2 Oddball, itching to napalm some Umbarans! I can't wait to add this figure to my collection.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It looks pretty good; I'll probably pick one up if I see it.

Reaction score
I'm of mixed feelings on this one - I like the concept more than this vessel. I may wait to see if Hasbro releases a single-carded Phase 2 pilot, I know I'll want one of those.

Reaction score
The updated Phase II Pilot mold almost makes it worth the price alone. Looks cool. The spaceship looks like a cross between the Shuttle and a Gunship.

Reaction score
Another nice mini-rig for the line. I might pick up a couple. I'm liking this trend with the class I vehicles a lot.

Dom

Reaction score
Im usually a screen only collector, but thats awesome

Last edited:
Reaction score
Wow, they aren't kidding about the "Kidificaion" of TCW line. Still, neat little ship and the pilot looks good. I will pick up the first one I see for under $20.

Reaction score
Its a cool design - reminds me of the Scorpion Fighter from Star Trek: Nemesis - I wonder if they borrowed the idea?

Reaction score
I think there was a spot or two where they could've mounted a few more weapons. ;)

Overarming these things makes them less "believable". Got these small speeders and fighters with seemingly more firepower than a TIE Fighter or an A-Wing.

The problem with some mini-rig things is comparing them to on screen craft, like the Snowspeeder and Sky Hopper, it's questionable having a high-flying aero-space vehicle so tiny...though Dooku's mere speeder bike flew pretty high up for a craft with no operator protection and coruscant's towering cityscape is full of variously sized speedercraft. It's all about what you can buy into.

Reaction score
I agree that they dont look all that realistic, the weapons are ridiculous in many cases. I always remind myself though that these are geared toward kids, and firing rockets, etc is part of a play pattern Hasbro wants to stick to. I still feel that this is a great idea for a vehicle though...

Reaction score
It seems way to close to the Recon Fighter in design to me for them to be released at the same time.

Reaction score
Oh, yeah! It's worth picking up! Just saw this today for the first time. I'm in for one!

Oh, yeah! It's worth picking up! Just saw this today for the first time. I'm in for one!
I keep forgetting to ask ... when is this expected to hit stores?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
I keep forgetting to ask ... when is this expected to hit stores?
We can only guess at this point. Since we're only getting four mini-rigs for the entire year, Hasbro may spread them out a bit. So, the best we can say at this point is this: sometime in 2012. Perhaps we'll learn more at TF next month.

Reaction score
We can only guess at this point. Since we're only getting four mini-rigs for the entire year, Hasbro may spread them out a bit. So, the best we can say at this point is this: sometime in 2012. Perhaps we'll learn more at TF next month.
I'm sorry, RegJr, but did you mean to say we're getting seven (not four) mini-rigs for the entire year? Four have already hit shelves, as you know: Sith Speeder With Darth Maul, STAP With Battle Droid, Naboo Royal Fighter With Obi-Wan Kenobi and BARC Speeder With Clone Trooper.

As far as I know, we're still expecting three more Class-1 vehicles: Attack Recon Fighter With Anakin Skywalker, Republic Assault Submarine With Scuba Clone Trooper and Republic Attack Dropship With Clone Pilot.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, thanks. :)

Reaction score
I'm sorry, RegJr, but did you mean to say we're getting seven (not four) mini-rigs for the entire year?...Please correct me if I'm wrong, thanks.
No, you're right. I should have been more clear: we're only getting four mini-rigs (a.k.a, Class 1 Vehicles) in The Clone Wars line. Sorry for the confusion. Three of the four mini-rigs in this line have already been revealed, while the fourth remains safely...anonymous. ;)

Reaction score
How can it be called a 'dropship' when it's not even big enough to drop an ewok?

Reaction score
No, you're right. I should have been more clear: we're only getting four mini-rigs (a.k.a, Class 1 Vehicles) in The Clone Wars line. Sorry for the confusion. Three of the four mini-rigs in this line have already been revealed, while the fourth remains safely...anonymous. ;)
Thanks, RegJr ... although something tells me that the last part of your message ("safely...anonymous." ;)) suggests you maaaay know what the fourth mini-rig may be. Hmmm ... :hmm:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks, RegJr ... although something tells me that the last part of your message ("safely...anonymous." ;)) suggests you maaaay know what the fourth mini-rig may be. Hmmm ... :hmm:
Probably another Phase II re-paint, so I wouldn't expect anything that can be called a "surprise".

Reaction score
Oh, I wish. But I'm in the same boat as everyone else. I was just quoting Kenobi from Return of the Jedi. ;)

Reaction score
How can it be called a 'dropship' when it's not even big enough to drop an ewok?
I've not seen the episode with this vehicle, but if you look at the troopers backpack it has a "peg" on the top that looks like it plugs into the bottom of the vehicle. The art on the box seems to display this. Kinda crazy, I visualize the guy strapped to the bottom screaming "slow the h*** down" all the way to the planet.

Reaction score
I've not seen the episode with this vehicle, but if you look at the troopers backpack it has a "peg" on the top that looks like it plugs into the bottom of the vehicle. The art on the box seems to display this. Kinda crazy, I visualize the guy strapped to the bottom screaming "slow the h*** down" all the way to the planet.
This vehicle has never been in an episode. It's pretty much just one of the Republic gunship cockpit's with lots of weapons.

Reaction score
Ah, the beauty/curse of the Target DCPI. Website says these are in stock in every store around me. Reality is it's all repack crap BARCs, Maul bikes, Naboo skiffs and STAPs.

Reaction score
you can zoom in on the pilot to check him out Star Wars CHLD REP ATCK DRPSHP PILOT : Target from zooming in on the box it looks like u can attach 2 additional clones to the dropship.
Thanks for posting that link, jerryG17, but there's something "hinky" on that page. There's a button that says "find in store." You can plug in a town and state of known Target stores. Wouldn't you know ... every Target store around me in CT is listed as having this Class-1 vehicle "in stock."

How much you wanna bet I go to a couple of these stores and that ain't true?

I may try it later. Was planning to go out anyway. I'll let you known if I have any success.

Last edited: