Replacement Clamshell Cases for 12" Jumbo Figs?

Reaction score
Replacement Clamshell Cases for 12\" Jumbo Figs?

So far I've received four of the 12" Jumbo figures in the mail (Stormtrooper, Fett, Han, and Chewie) and each one came in a clamshell that was scuffed/scratched up pretty bad.

Two of the clamshells were even dented a bit near the top of the blister area, but thankfully I was able to get almost all of the dents out.

Anybody know if we can purchase replacement clamshell cases from GG? I've tried e-mailing customer service a few times but have not heard back with any response.

Reaction score
Re: Replacement Clamshell Cases for 12\" Jumbo Figs?

I was wondering the same. I am gonna call Greg monday and ask about it. I will post when I find out. I have 3 of the 4... no stormie.. Id like him to have the SW card AND he is just skyrocketing in price... kinda silly. I have all the rest on pre-order... want the Vynil Jawa and DT saber variants the most.

Reaction score
Let the flames begin...

This is the first time I think that I have been told utter bullcrud by GG customer service. I called like I said I would and this is the answer I recieved...

There are no replacement clamshells and the scuffs are there on purpose to keep the vintage feel.

Seriously.... that is what I was told. Now I dont know about you guys and I dont blame the rep who told me this... I blame the company that told the rep to say what he did... that is seriously rediculous.

If my next figs are scuffed this bad I m selling off the pieces I own and I will be done(except Fett cuz he is flawless and awesome). I cant believe they would put that out there... that its meant to ook like that for the vintage "feel".

I feel hornswaggled!

Also... I asked about the $30 coupon... it is ONLY good fo in stock... nothing else.

Reaction score
Re: Let the flames begin...

Tweekem said:
No joke... thats what they said. I couldnt believe my ears to be honest.
That wasn't Greg right? Next time ask to speak with him.

Reaction score

Well now Im pissed off that my boba and stormy DON'T have that vintage feel to them. Im off to get some medium grit sandpaper on those bad boys.

Reaction score

Tweekem said:
Also... I asked about the $30 coupon... it is ONLY good fo in stock... nothing else.
Looks like someone didn't read the fine print:

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
Premier Guild Members will receive a one time use $30 coupon code for use on a purchase of in stock merchandise when they purchase the 2011 PG Membership.

[/QUOTE]

http://www.gentlegiantltd.com/product_p/pgm-2011free1.htm

Reaction score

How stupid! My clamshells have no problem!

Reaction score

Tweekem said:
I only speak with Greg my friend... call and ask yourselvs and see if just interpreted it wrong...

1-818-504-3555
He really said that, man......

Reaction score

Zodach... I knew before asking the question. In quite a few other threads people seemd confused so I thought I would ask and post for those who were still in the dark. Just tryin to help bud. So looks like a lot of someones didnt read the fine print. Why do people have to be so sarcastic round here? Makes me not even want to bother posting. Im not aggrivated with you and you are not the only one with those kinda posts... I just dont get it. Someone trying to help just to get sarcasm right back.

Reaction score

No biggie man. I was just posting because it seems like you weren't aware of that limitation before you made the purchase. Gentle Giant gets a lot of flack, most of which is deserved, but I didn't want to see them get blamed for something that they clearly stated up front.

Reaction score

I agree with you 100%... There have been quite a few people that dont know because they dont read those little things. I didint mean to come off snappy... all I really want to do here is help out. You know how it is...

I will try to get a shot of the clams with the scuffing... I just dont think they come out well in pics. My Han and Chewie are pictured in the Han or Chewie threads (soccer pants Han) and you cant see them. I may be a bit of a picky collector but the scuffs are because of cheaper plastic rubbing on each other... I just hate that Greg had to say that to me... I dont blame him... its a corporate thing believe me. He is just saying what some CEO emailed out as a blanket statement to cool the jets of upset customers... he did make the mistake of telling me that a lot of people have been calling about the same issue so.. I really feel bad for that guy.

Reaction score

My packages weren't scuffed at all, but the paint jobs were crap. You would think for $75 a pop I would get a nice looking product. Or maybe they were paying "homage" to some kid's paint worn old Kenner figure.

Reaction score

Zepp_Head said:
My packages weren't scuffed at all, but the paint jobs were crap. You would think for $75 a pop I would get a nice looking product. Or maybe they were paying "homage" to some kid's paint worn old Kenner figure.
Bad paint? Both my Fett and Stormtrooper look great!

Reaction score

Spoke to Greg about the clamshells and he said customers that have issues can send in their pictures and they'll evaluate exchanges on a case-by-case basis and on availability. (Meaning they will exchange the whole figure, not just the shell.)

Sounds like that's the best they can do for now. Maybe they will just sell the shells at a later time. It wouldn't be a bad idea. Funny how we want to protect the shell that is there to protect the toy. I'd love to get those acrylic cases for them, but they cost just as much as the toys.

Reaction score

Turbowars said:
Spoke to Greg about the clamshells and he said customers that have issues can send in their pictures and they'll evaluate exchanges on a case-by-case basis and on availability. (Meaning they will exchange the whole figure, not just the shell.)

Sounds like that's the best they can do for now. Maybe they will just sell the shells at a later time. It wouldn't be a bad idea. Funny how we want to protect the shell that is there to protect the toy. I'd love to get those acrylic cases for them, but they cost just as much as the toys.
It only makes sense to make available extra clam shells it's not like they're expensive to make...

Reaction score

If they do the shell thing Im happy... I dont mind buying an extra shell if mine is messed up.. shoildnt have to but hey.. they are fixing the issue in their own way.

YAY

Reaction score

I just bought a Han Solo and Chewbacca, but I don't want to keep the clamshells/cardbacks. I haven't received them yet, but if they come in undamaged would anyone here want to buy them? I was thinking maybe $20.00 each?

Reaction score

$20 each? I think your Underoo's are a bit tight.

Reaction score

Turbowars said:
$20 each? I think your Underoo's are a bit tight.
that is about 30% of the total cost. i might not have said what turbowars said but i agree with him.

maybe 10-15 would be reasonable but what he asks for them is his right. i guess.

Reaction score

we can always send them to AFA..they pop them out of the plastic case anyway..

I KEED I KEED