Remnant Stormtrooper (The Mandalorian)

MrT

Reaction score
F22E33C9-99A7-4E88-BB9A-8BEE03BCE261.jpeg
Kind of snuck this one out via the exhibitor list. Not very inspired, a repaint.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
I'm at work now, but the helmet resembles ANH and not RO/Mando remnant TK. The blaster is a ROTJ E-11, MGC based, and not ANH, neither RO/ Mando (though the same was used on the older ANH busts). This is a strange hybrid of 3 films: ANH (helmet and armor), ROTJ (E-11) and the name and weathering places it in Mando.

It’s not for me. If they want to repaint it as an episode 4 version though I’d buy it.

For ROTJ is not enough. You'd need a different sculpt, at least the helmet to be more narrow, and the armor to have the trim on margins. Check out the Hot Toys ROTJ Stormie, not perfect, but if the GG would do it like that, then it would be cool, and I might be in for one.

Reactions: MrT
Reaction score
Meh...maybe I'll grab it and put it on my mando shelf.

Reaction score
A pass for me. This looks just like the OT Stormtrooper mini bust with some scratches added. If they were truly going to offer a Remnant one (which I would have bought) they should have giving it a brand new pose/sculpt. Lazy work by DST on this one. Is this their Celebration piece?!

Reaction score
I can't say no to a trooper! I really like it, a different pose might have been nice but then going on some of the previous (pointy finger Tarkin) maybe boring is best 😁

Reaction score
Thanks, but no for me. Is another stormtrooper instead another different trooper like Jet Trooper, Tank trooper, Dark trooper... Also this year is the 20th anniversary of the Attack the Clones. I would love a minibust from that film to celebrate it like did Hot Toys with a lot of 1/6 figures releases.
The Nute Gunray and the Geonosian Warrior shown from this year PGM contest would be a good candidates, like another wanted by a lot of collectors like Ki Adi Mundi, Lama Su, Super Battle droid...another big opportunity lost.

Reaction score
Easier and less costly to repaint than to make a new mold, and by now we all know quite well the term "cutting corners". I understand what's being said from both sides. It's more exciting to offer a new pose for this new version of the Stormtrooper than a straight repaint. That being said, the Sandtroopers, Stormtrooper and Blackhole Trooper, while sporting the same pose as the Remnant Stormtrooper, they all came with a few swappable arms and weapons, so there could be a bit of pose variety if one gets to utilize them all.

I'm not collecting from any TV show, so the remnant stormtrooper is a pass for me. I agree that this year being the 20th anniversary of Attack of the Clones there should be at least a Mini Bust to represent the film. Indeed, Nute Gunray and Ki Adi Mundi and my favorite, Dexter Jettster, would be great sellers and something I would buy but, we know GG/DST didn't do anything for the anniversary of ESB in 2020, so chances are slim any of them will happen/be ready to ship this year. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ew.

Are they serious? The Mando stormtroopers are similar to the R1 troopers, and can't be a repaint of the original Stormtrooper that they released over a decade ago.

Lame.

Reaction score
It’s not for me. If they want to repaint it as an episode 4 version though I’d buy it.

DONE

gg04dlxstormtrooperaltE.jpg

Reaction score
Same as the Blackhole Stormtrooper. They're all repaints of a same mold, some of them with extra arms to switch around as explained before. Make a new mold, GG/DST and stop cutting corners!
Yeah I have the Blackhole version just never picked up the regular version. I knew this one looked similar but I hadn’t realised it was a genuine repaint until seeing them together. People often cry repaint when an item is just similar.

Reaction score
The bad thing is this sculpt is very accurate to OT (ANH and ESB). Then why is this a bad thing? Because, except for this Stormie and Sandies busts (and a couple other bust variants), all other GG OT Stormtrooper statues and busts use a different, less accurate sculpt. GG should have made a new symmetrical sculpt for RO/Mando or at least use the less OT accurate sculpt of the older Stormtrooper statue.

Reaction score
So let’s get this straight….

1) It’s the 20th anniversary of Attack of the Clones.
2) They’ve had more than 2 years to plan for Celebration
3) Items are just preorders

AND WE GET A LAZY NON DELUXE REPAINT AND A JUMBO OF A NO NAME CHARACTER?!

No Padme, Anakin, Obiwan, clone troopers, etc busts/statues/jumbos?! Ridiculous!

Reaction score
And probably no free shipping, if you bought that option.

Can’t tell if you’re joking through cynicism, but I did. And with so many delayed busts shipping over the last few months, I’ve probably gotten $150 worth of shipping already for my $50 and I have another 15 or so preorders that have free shipping applied.

I haven’t had any preorders that didn’t apply.

Reaction score
Can’t tell if you’re joking through cynicism, but I did. And with so many delayed busts shipping over the last few months, I’ve probably gotten $150 worth of shipping already for my $50 and I have another 15 or so preorders that have free shipping applied.

I haven’t had any preorders that didn’t apply.
Oh no sarcasm there. I’ve saved a ton of money on shipping by buying the “free shipping”. But the PGM “gifts” never have free shipping unless they’re running a special free shipping deal like they did in April. Glad I didn’t pay shipping on the Lando Jumbo that would have been almost $40.

Reaction score
Well, I'll say one positive thing. Though I'll be passing on this, as a southpaw myself, I do like seeing a left-handed Stormtrooper.

Muh-representation!!! Now I can finally envision myself as a toady pawn in the service of galactic evil! :ROFLMAO: