Remnant Stormtrooper (The Mandalorian)

GNT

Reaction score
Looks like we'll be seeing a slightly dirty Stormtrooper from the Mandalorian TV show - "Remnant Stormtrooper"

Last edited:
Reaction score
I wouldn’t mind picking one of these up!

BTW: is it just me, or do the Stormies in the trailer look less like ROTJ storm trooper helmets, and more like re-purposed ANH era stormtroopers (a la Rogue One)? Considering the 4-years after ROTJ timeframe of the series, I would have expected troopers with the ROTJ helm...

:confused:

Reaction score
I wouldn’t mind picking one of these up!

BTW: is it just me, or do the Stormies in the trailer look less like ROTJ storm trooper helmets, and more like re-purposed ANH era stormtroopers (a la Rogue One)? Considering the 4-years after ROTJ timeframe of the series, I would have expected troopers with the ROTJ helm...

Supply lines to the outer rim got cut off after Yavin.

Reaction score
And the remnants of the Empire are scrounging up whatever they can find, which includes using old equipment.

(Where would we, as Star Wars fans, be without headcanon?)

Reaction score
Cookies and Cream Stormtrooper - wasted slot since its not even a updated Sandtrooper(nor a Jedha backpacked Storm/Sandtrooper). Nothng about it stands out cept its painted dirty.

Last edited:

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

A local 501st Legion garrison got tapped on the shoulder and asked to fill in, so some of the stormtroopers are whatever the local garrisons were wearing at the time.

Reaction score
Easy repaint for Hasbro, but I'm happy to see this coming. It's a lot better than some other figures they could repack and/or are repacking.

Reaction score
Cookies and Cream Stormtrooper - wasted slot since its not even a updated Sandtrooper(nor a Jedha backpacked Storm/Sandtrooper). Nothng about it stands out cept its painted dirty.
Well consider it this way: now you are paying full price for a yellowed-armor Stormie. That is an update.

Reaction score
Not the most exciting reveal of late but it's a trooper variant. Gonna get a few if solid cases are offered.

bac

Reaction score
Pre-ordered a bunch as I regret not getting more RO Stormies before they quickly dried up.

Reaction score
I pre ordered one because I don’t know how committed I am to this lol

Reaction score
A local 501st Legion garrison got tapped on the shoulder and asked to fill in, so some of the stormtroopers are whatever the local garrisons were wearing at the time.
Makes sense!

TBH: I never really liked ROTJ era Helmets, preferring ANH era stormtrooper helmets in look.

Reaction score
As much as I love the used/dirty tech of SW, I only seem to only like applying that to the rebels usually. I love the new/clean look for the Empire.
I had temptation to buy a squad of Mimban Stormtroopers, but couldn't really justify it. In my head, I thought it would be cool if there was an Empire raid on Yoda's hut and they would totally be dirty Mimban or Remnant style. Yoda uses the force to defeat them with the last one spared to just send a jedi mind tricked message that Dagobah has no sign of civilization/threat and that they sustained damage, crew dying, and not safe for evac.

Reaction score
If they play a prominent role in the show I'll lean more to pick these up. Otherwise, I just don't see much need for this. When I heard another figure from the show was being announced I knew it would be IG-11. But I'm sure there will be a number of other figures coming for this show down the road. Good to be excited about something new for a change: (The Mandalorian TV show).

Reaction score
If they play a prominent role in the show I'll lean more to pick these up. Otherwise, I just don't see much need for this. When I heard another figure from the show was being announced I knew it would be IG-11. But I'm sure there will be a number of other figures coming for this show down the road. Good to be excited about something new for a change: (The Mandalorian TV show).
When did they announce IG-11? (for TVC)

Reaction score
^ ditto. I'm hoping "duckboat" gets revealed before that Best buy coupon expires

Reaction score
I thought 'Duckboat' was the new transporter vehicle?
It likely is a transport, but it hadnt been officially revealed. It was rumored to have been planned for a reveal at one of the recent cons, but the plans for the reveal got changed at last minute.

Reaction score
It likely is a transport, but it hadnt been officially revealed. It was rumored to have been planned for a reveal at one of the recent cons, but the plans for the reveal got changed at last minute.
Ah I see. Hopefully it gets revealed soon mate. Would definitely be tempted to pick up a whole crew for it if it does turn out to be a troop transporter : )

Reaction score
Ah I see. Hopefully it gets revealed soon mate. Would definitely be tempted to pick up a whole crew for it if it does turn out to be a troop transporter : )
It will probably debut in the show itself and then Hasbro might show it at the Dortmund Con in early December.

Reaction score
They didn't, but I think he menas he was certain the third figure from The Mandalorian would have been IG-11.
Exactly. I knew another figure was to be announced and going by what they did with 6" black series, and because it seems these 3 characters are going to be "the team," IG-11 would be revealed. He'll be coming eventually though. I can see how weathered trooper look fits this show/time period. Hard to make group of them look cool though when all of them are weathered exactly the same. Of course this may be a specific character and not just a random trooper... nah probably not.

Reaction score
Couldn't be that hard, just be a repack of the old IG-11 figure right?
Ideally no, unless you're taking a jab at Hasbro for cheapening out on the exclusive 6" BS IG, which, save for the bandolier was a straight repack, even though IG-11 actually has hands with digits instead of clamps-pincers

Reaction score
Ideally no, unless you're taking a jab at Hasbro for cheapening out on the exclusive 6" BS IG, which, save for the bandolier was a straight repack, even though IG-11 actually has hands with digits instead of clamps-pincers
Right and my hope is they can make some changes when they release the TVC version.

The odd thing is that the Hasbro rep said, "If we hadn't had the IG-88 figure to reuse, we wouldn't have been able to budget IG-11 into the line. To me, that's telling for two reasons:
1. IG-11 comes from new media, so there should be a budget for him
2. He's a 6" figure and Hasbro usually goes all out for the 6" line

Reaction score
I can see how weathered trooper look fits this show/time period. Hard to make group of them look cool though when all of them are weathered exactly the same.
This is the problem I've had with painted "weathering" on army builder figures ever since Hasbro started the practice in the 1990s.

I'll still buy this figure and maybe even multiples if I can find any. However, I would prefer Hasbro simply release a clean version of the mold on the original 1978 Star Wars card. That would guarantee at least one extra purchase from me for display purposes.

Reaction score
Right and my hope is they can make some changes when they release the TVC version.

The odd thing is that the Hasbro rep said, "If we hadn't had the IG-88 figure to reuse, we wouldn't have been able to budget IG-11 into the line. To me, that's telling for two reasons:
1. IG-11 comes from new media, so there should be a budget for him
2. He's a 6" figure and Hasbro usually goes all out for the 6" line
But look at the Klatoonian. So why wouldn't IG-11 be reused from IG-88? Honestly IDK why hasbro couldn't haev tooled up hads for the BS figure, they've already shown they can kitbash. So IMO that's a cheap move, especially for an Exclusive.

As for not having the budget for IG-11, they are based on a streaming show not a Summer blockbuster Movie. So they likely put all their Money into the title character, Jana and whoever the "unknown" is? Unless that figure is reuse as well. That means only two new figures for the show?

Reaction score
But look at the Klatoonian. So why wouldn't IG-11 be reused from IG-88? Honestly IDK why hasbro couldn't haev tooled up hads for the BS figure, they've already shown they can kitbash. So IMO that's a cheap move, especially for an Exclusive.

As for not having the budget for IG-11, they are based on a streaming show not a Summer blockbuster Movie. So they likely put all their Money into the title character, Jana and whoever the "unknown" is? Unless that figure is reuse as well. That means only two new figures for the show?
Fair enough about the show being a streaming one. I don't have a problem with kitbashing and the two droids look very similar, so I'm not that much of a stickler for detail. I just find it odd that Hasbro that Hasbro made a quite like that about a new character in the 6" line.

Reaction score
As long as they make figures of the guy on the outer left, and of Action Jackson I'll be good!
And likely many others too, but I'm not expecting too much from this line.

I also wonder if a chrome version of the Mando is coming?