Remember the Sith!

Reaction score
This is the thread for remembering the Revenge of the sith era.

To start the discussion, am I the only one who loved the "Slash Attack" Ani and OB1. they were the best available at the time.

Reaction score
Re: Remeber the Sith!

The ROTS figures were my first SW toys, and I loved them! The "leg-squeeze" attacks were fun, but they looked like they had to really use the bathroom...

Reaction score

fistofan said:
The ROTS figures were my first SW toys, and I loved them! The "leg-squeeze" attacks were fun, but they looked like they had to really use the bathroom...
I remeber loving them. Maybe it was because of the swappable hands. I also recall losing them very often.

Even at nine, I HATED the "dueling sets (Obi/Magna,Mace/Palps).

The Mustafar playset was dun. The best part is the flipping lava pool with the hand sticking out of it

Reaction score

I had liked the Star Wars movies prior to ROTS, but 2005 was when I truly became a fan. I was 10 years old at the time, and I absolutely loved ROTS! I even went back to theater and saw it a second time.

The toys were one of the best parts. I had a couple vehicles and about 20 figures. Office Duel Palpatine, Emperor Palpatine (black cloak), and burnt Anakin were some of my favorites. The LEGOs were pretty cool, as well. I bought every ROTS set except for the Turbo Tank and the Ultimate Lightsaber Duel.

I could go on, and I will at some point, but I'm feeling hungry.
2005 was the best!!!

Reaction score

It really was! That's when Goblet of Fire was made, too. The only thing I didn't like about ROTS was the way the Jedi went out. I mean, for being the most powerful guys in the galaxy, they didn't have much skill. I thought that the Mace vs. Palpatine duel was terribly inaccurate. Agen and Saesee didn't move. Kit Fisto lasted for 2 seconds longer. Mace actually did something. Idk, I just think there must've been a better way for them to heroically die.
But I love 'em just the same. I actually think that Natalie Portman and Hayden C. were pretty good this time around, but they still didn't have chemistry.

Reaction score

I remeber finding a AT-ST Lego set before the street date. They wouldn't let me check out

Reaction score

FDOI_Rex said:
Am I the only one who loved the "Slash Attack" Ani and OB1. they were the best available at the time.
You probably are the only one. Even as a 10 year old, those stupid action features drove me nuts! I just wanted a NORMAL Anakin with no lame action features. I couldn't find one, so I ended up buying burnt Anakin. I know people think that figure is not kid-friendly, but I loved it!

Reaction score

This was the first complete set of figures I collected. I even bought the special Star Cases for these figures. I still have them hanging on my wall. I am missing a couple of variants, but the core of the set is there.

I remember the target exclusives being the hardest to come by and the most expensive (via ebay). That Lava Reflection Vader was almost impossible to get my hands on in MOC condition due to a factory flaw or something.

Also I remember being in Germany (hense the ebay thing) getting the TRU exclusives from the German TRU there and them costing me an arm and a leg.

I remember the salmon colored variant Meena Tiils that was going for well over $150 on Ebay at the time and now there is harldy a whisper of it anywhere like it never existed.

It was a fun time for me getting that entire set. After that I started on the Saga 2 set and have since gotten just about everything after that with the exception of the last couple of years. All the repacks that just irritate the shiza out of me.

Any way, great times and thanks for starting this thread.

Reaction score

AdmiralScreed said:
FDOI_Rex said:
Am I the only one who loved the "Slash Attack" Ani and OB1. they were the best available at the time.
You probably are the only one. Even as a 10 year old, those stupid action features drove me nuts! I just wanted a NORMAL Anakin with no lame action features. I couldn't find one, so I ended up buying burnt Anakin. I know people think that figure is not kid-friendly, but I loved it!
Yeah, I remeber that burnt Ani. I love likes it. I remeber it being bizarre that they actually made it.

Also, I did hate action features back then, but those "Slash" figures were awesome for me. "Kick" OB1 stunk, though.

Reaction score

FDOI_Rex said:
AdmiralScreed said:
FDOI_Rex said:
Yeah, I remeber that burnt Ani. I love likes it. I remeber it being bizarre that they actually made it.

Also, I did hate action features back then, but those "Slash" figures were awesome for me. "Kick" OB1 stunk, though.
I thought Mace Windu had one of the better slashing attacks. He held his lightsaber with two hands and chopped up and down. That Mace is one of my few ROTS figures that I still have today.

Reaction score

AdmiralScreed said:
FDOI_Rex said:
AdmiralScreed said:
FDOI_Rex said:
Not to mention the fact that the "Slash Attack" Mace was the best resemblance of Sam Jackson.

I thought Mace Windu had one of the better slashing attacks. He held his lightsaber with two hands and chopped up and down. That Mace is one of my few ROTS figures that I still have today.

Reaction score

AdmiralScreed said:
FDOI_Rex said:
AdmiralScreed said:
FDOI_Rex said:

I remember my first toy from ROTS (not counting sneak previews, because I got all four for my B-day in February from an uncle): Anakin (Slashing attack) (AKA III-28). We were on vacation, and I didn't have any cash, and we walked into Walmart, and as was customary me and my brother walked to the toy aisle. There, hanging on the shelves, were all the first Episode III toys. I gathered up both Anakins to look at them, while my little brother took the alien Jedi: Kit Fisto, Saesee Tiin, Plo Koon, Shaak Ti, ect.

Now, I'd known these were coming out, even knew the date (can't remember it now, though), and it was like one day after the street date. So my dad and mom walk up and say, "time to go." And we say, "look! They have the new Star Wars toys!" Well, my dad says, "we got to go, so put them all back............except one."

My brother and I shouted thanks and excitement and ran to replace the ones we didn't get. I got slashing Anakin and he got Kit Fisto. I believe my youngest brother got some Galactic Heroes.

So through 2005 and '06, we collected our EP. III toys, and I got things such as kicking Obi-Wan (which I think is pretty cool), Anakin (III-02), ect.

So, yeah, 2005 was great.

Reaction score

the figures were great my favorite was 4-armed greivous (i think I broke his left leg
), and Clone Commander (Red) he was bad***

Reaction score

MisterNLD said:
AdmiralScreed said:
FDOI_Rex said:
AdmiralScreed said:
FDOI_Rex said:
Not to mention the fact that the "Slash Attack" Mace was the best resemblance of Sam Jackson.

For some reason my post didn't come in. I stated that I thought the slashing Mace IMO is the best Samuel L. Jackson, uh, face (I can't remember the term for it
) to date.

Reaction score

I remember my first piece of SW merchandise, the Anakin/Vader "color changing" lightsaber, had a small catalog in it. I looked at all the figures with amazement, because I thought they were all a foot tall! I was a little disappointed when I saw them for real and they were only a few inches tall.

Reaction score

fistofan said:
I remember my first piece of SW merchandise, the Anakin/Vader "color changing" lightsaber, had a small catalog in it. I looked at all the figures with amazement, because I thought they were all a foot tall! I was a little disappointed when I saw them for real and they were only a few inches tall.
I had that same lightsaber!!! It was a lot of fun to play with. My only gripe was that it wasn't very bright during the day time. Then my stupid brother left it outside one day and it rained............

Reaction score

I never got those, except for the Jedi Luke green saber. I still have it, and it still works. [But I only use it when no ones around
]

Reaction score

Remember the deluxe face-changing Sidious/Palpatine? It's kind of like a novelty item. I really liked it...it was among the initial wave of merchandise. I can understand why others may not like it, but as a novelty item it's pretty nifty.

Reaction score

Yeah, I remember, but I never got it. I guess I didn't buy anything more than a normal figure, because I was cheap.

Reaction score

trevagg said:
Remember the deluxe face-changing Sidious/Palpatine? It's kind of like a novelty item. I really liked it...it was among the initial wave of merchandise. I can understand why others may not like it, but as a novelty item it's pretty nifty.
I always wanted that figure, but for some reason I never bought it. One of these days I'll have to look for it online. I absolutely LOVE ROTS Palpatine items.

Reaction score

ahh, this is where the crack-like addition started!!!
I bought all the basic figures and battlepacks I could find!! Even though we were in our mid 20's my wife helped me out and would always call me asking what I didn't have! It was fun, the number variants, saber color variants, the super elusive wave of figures with the slashed up senators & hologram jedi. It's gotten hard to give that stuff away now! But I enjoyed it so much at the time..

The ol' trophy walls (the rest of the figures were opened on my bookshelf and windowsills)

Reaction score

Best thing about this era were the new clones and all their variants. I remember being very excited about the airborne trooper and the galactic marine. Ah, the evolution of my beloved stormies.
My seven year old was very dissapointed with the clones turning bad, he always percieved them as the good guys. And my wife can barely watch the jedi being wiped out. She will actually turn away during those scenes or leave the room.

Reaction score

FDOIRex, it's remember, not remeber!
......Sorry I had to.

Reaction score

This was one of my favorite lines of all time. They built a Target in my town just in time for the release of the Episode III figures. I remember going one day after a restock, and picking up all the tough-to-find figures like Gree, Bly, etc.

The amount of variations and variety in this line made it very fun to collect.

Reaction score

I remeber the ROTS days 'cause it gave us our best sculpted basic Astromech figure:preview R4-G9
and 4 years and 20 other Astromechs L8R
we get the best basic R2-D2 in the Resurgence of the Jedi Battlepack

Spencer?:>}

Reaction score

This line started me into collecting. Blasted #41 SA Clone Troopers!

6 years and thousands of dollars later...

Reaction score

I swear that this is the first Star Wars film I saw. Of course, I had seen bits of A New Hope on Christmas time television before (I specifically remember the Falcon scenes). This didn't kick me off with Star Wars; my fandom didn't start until 2008 when I heard on Wikipedia there was a Clone Wars film and TV series coming... And, introducing me fully to Star Wars was my Dad's Trilogy DVD set from 2004 and Clone Wars Volume II from my library sale...

Reaction score

This line was my favorite when I was younger! Oh, the clone troopers, aliens galore, senators, villians etc... To this day though I never understood why Hasbro only released one Padme!

Reaction score

Ah 2005. Didnt seem too long ago. Boy do I feel old. My son was born 2005. I started collecting again with the ROS line. Damn vintage collection is making this one look old!

Reaction score

^^
Funny, my son was born in '05 too, and I also started up collecting in full swing again after a break of about 3 years with the ROTS line. Such a great time. Even as these figures continue to become more and more dated, I'll always have a special place for them.

Reaction score

I here ya. Collecting is addictive & Ive never stopped even though Ive tried.
I do it now & share it with my son & he luvs it!

Ya the line wuz good. I have so much stuff. Im starting to consider trading some of it off. Any takers? LMK. I have great feedback. Just havent been here in awhile.

Examples of what I have: clones, clones, & more clones! Its sick. I have so many I could launch my own attack

Reaction score

I've come to the conclusion that this is my favorite Star Wars line. For me, it was a toss up between OTC and this one but after watching ROTS again recently for the umpteenth time, there were just too many good memories associated with this one. The coloring and boxing of this line, all the new sculpts of figs and vehicles, the standing in line at Target at midnight and making new friends, the anticipation of the movie itself and again standing in line for the midnight show and making more friends, the re-emergence of Vader, the delicious Palpatine who stole the show, the walking in to the stores and seeing the largest displays I've ever seen, all the new swag just poured out. Makes me smile everytime I look at that part of my collection. Sith was truly everywhere back then and I think Star Wars was at it's most prominent!

Reaction score

I've been a collector of Star Wars figures since 1999 but 2005 was without a doubt my favorite time as a collector. I remember when the first wave of ROTS figures were released, I walked into TRU and they had a huge Darth Vader helmet hanging over a massive 12 foot display full of these figures and other Star Wars merchandise and everytime you walked by it the Vader breathing would sound off, it was really awesome. There was just something about that time period for me, I was enjoying life and had a good job that was easy, money was falling from tree's and I was constantly buying Star Wars figures, it was my favorite time as a collector. What was really cool is that the AOTS and 2004 Legacy collection was still on store shelves and I was still finding a small ammount of clearence Episode 1 figures and stuff at Toy Works as well, so there was merchandise EVERYWHERE....it will never be like that again.

I remember store hopping for figures after multiple waves have been released and I'll always remember running into the same people in all the different stores I went to, we would say hi to eachother and ask eachother if they've seen a certain figure and whatnot. One guy was competitive and rude and used to try to block people from the aisles so he could get the best deals, he was short and fat and was the typical nerd boy who wanted first dibs. He even once complained that we were invading HIS stores in search of HIS figures.....yeah, it was pretty lame. Still, great memories of finding certain figures made the thrill of the hunt all the more worth it.

Reaction score

Manga4life said:
He even once complained that we were invading HIS stores in search of HIS figures.....yeah, it was pretty lame. Still, great memories of finding certain figures made the thrill of the hunt all the more worth it.
Okay...I think the dude has issues.

Reaction score

I remember when this line of figures came out they also put out a bunch of the Galactic Heroes and I was scrambling around to all the different stores to get as many as I could, it was a blast and it gave me something else to look forward to instead of the normal 3 3/4 inch figures which I was already used to. Back in these days of collecting I would constantly run into the same collectors in all the different stores who were running around trying to find new figures, one of which I still keep in contact with online from time to time via e-mail, it was certainly a fun time.

I'll always remember the massive Darth Vader helmet hanging from the cieling in TRU over by the massive Episode III display at the front of the store in support of the figures and I'll always remember all the dump bins Wal-Mart had set up as well as a giant endcap that had the entire wave 1 on it, those days for Star Wars figures are all but done unless these stores do something special for the release of The Phantom Menace.

Reaction score

Manga4life said:
I'll always remember the massive Darth Vader helmet hanging from the cieling in TRU over by the massive Episode III display at the front of the store in support of the figures and I'll always remember all the dump bins Wal-Mart had set up as well as a giant endcap that had the entire wave 1 on it, those days for Star Wars figures are all but done unless these stores do something special for the release of The Phantom Menace.
Movie years were always the best. There was buzz, excitement, lots of new product available, and Star Wars dominated the toy aisle. There was no four pegs worth of figures, on those years Star Wars took up ten feet of toy aisle, an endcap, and then a store display shipper. And probably the best part - figures were $5 back then.

I can only hope the stores do something big for these 3-D releases, because I can't see any other reason to go big with Star Wars after that.

Reaction score

I'm really hoping that there is a huge buzz about the 3D re-releases once they begin showing commercials and the trailer everywhere, I want to feel the "mania" that I felt during the times when the movies were coming to theaters. I remember TRU had 2 end caps, a 12 foot section at the front of the store, a couple of display shippers and at least 6 feet worth of shelf space back when the PT films were coming out, there really was nothing quite like it.

Reaction score

I remember the Walmart sections back on the first ROTS sale day - HUGE!

Reaction score

I remember going on the first day, too. I got my whole family to WM on my sister's birthday...

Reaction score

What was especialy great about the Revenge of the Sith and the Episode 1 figures is that almost every store I went into had these figures in stock, even stores like supermarkets, CVS, Kohls, Sears, and other places that didn't normally carry Star Wars action figures. I've never seen this with any other line of Star Wars figures except these two specifically, its like everywhere I went I was greeted by Star Wars toys, it was really neat and unless more SW movies are in the works I don't expect to see anything like that evr again.