Remember old Star Wars toys ads in Star Wars Galaxy magazine back in the 1990s?

Reaction score
Anyone still remember the old Star Wars Galaxy magazine from back in the mid 1990s?

I still remember the old black and white ads the magazine had at the time to show listings of old Kenner figures. I think at the time, prices for old Star Wars Kenner figures were pretty cheap and not totally expensive back in the early to mid 1990s. You had to find the right kind of toy catalog etc to get old Star Wars figures at the right decent price

Reaction score
I remember hearing about things like these before, I think on the Chive Cast.

Reaction score
I'd be interested to hear how collectors found sellers in the late 80s/early 90s. Was it through magazine's ? Garage sales, toy fairs ? or comic book stores ?

To answer your question Patrickdurfee, you bet you could find things for a good price back then. POTF moc were usually sold for $20usd. Here in Australia you could still get Yak and Anakin moc for under $300usd up until the late 90s.

Oh, to have a DeLorian :D

Reaction score
Well I only had some issues of the old Star Wars Galaxy magazine when that magazine was around during the mid 1990s. old black and white photo ads of old Kenner Star Wars. prices were decent back then where the prices today arent jacked up from scalpers hoarders

Reaction score
I'd be interested to hear how collectors found sellers in the late 80s/early 90s. Was it through magazine's ? Garage sales, toy fairs ? or comic book stores ?

To answer your question Patrickdurfee, you bet you could find things for a good price back then. POTF moc were usually sold for $20usd. Here in Australia you could still get Yak and Anakin moc for under $300usd up until the late 90s.

Oh, to have a DeLorian :D
I found them in a toy collector rag (like a newspaper) that I found at borders books and music. I bought a full collection from Brians toys before he was called that and still lived at home apparently. He sold me a set of 21 SW figures for 300, a set of ESB releases for 300 and ROTJ (not potf) also for 300. Then he sold me a potf set for something like 1000-1200 if memory serves but I think I bought them piece by piece, I remember R2 pop up was one of the more expensive ones and was only 125 with a minty white sticker

Reaction score
wasnt easy back then to even find old Star Wars Kenner stuff. Back then from 1985 to 1990 if you were lucky youd find old Star Wars stuff at rummage sales.

then when Waldenbooks and B Dalton were around at the malls in the mid late 1990s all we had to look for Star Wars kenner toys ads were in few things like Star Wars Galaxy magazine or from Toyfare magazine or whatever. old black and white photos. Small inventory too from the sellers back then that were advertisting in that stuff

Reaction score
Here's a few old ones I scanned a long time ago. I don't recall any in the Galaxy magazine, but the color one is from The Adventurer Lucasarts magazine and the B&W ones are from one called SciFi Universe. Hopefully, these are along the lines of what you remember.

Reaction score
Well I only bought and had half of the issues of Star Wars Galaxy back then and I didnt buy SciFi Universe but it sort of sounds familiar

Reaction score
Man $15 back then ripping people off!
The droids and Ewoks carded man how cheap!

Reaction score
oh come on now. 15 dollars for Ewoks and Droids series figures that came late to the party when Star Wars died off? 15 dollars cheaper than what you see for prices today for some old Kenner stuff

Reaction score
I remember back in 1993 the lucasfilm fan club. Magazine still had tons of figures from return of the jedi.

Reaction score
well thats great. I only had a couple of issues of Star Wars Galaxy back then and I remember some black and white sale ads of old Kenner stuff from Star Wars Galaxy