Remember how we used to discuss the prequels?

Reaction score
There was excitement, there were theories, there was anticipation... If this forum is any indication, the hype is not with Episode 9.

Reaction score
Even funnier when you consider we all knew how they were going to end!

Reactions: JVM
Reaction score
Even the arguments back then were better. We would argue about George, Jar Jar and overused CGI. Basically we would all agree to disagree about the movies.

Now we argue about racism, bigotry and sexism.

Fun...

Reaction score
Something fun I recall are the old WRONG theories. It's totally entertaining to look back on them. I remember a theory that suggested Anakin's little buddy in The Phantom Menace, Kitster, was going to be Boba Fett. That went off the table the second Attack of the Clones debut. I remember some thinking Palpatine actually wasn't Sidious as it was too blatantly obvious, a red herring, so some theorized that the twist would be Sidious was like an evil clone or twin of Palpatine. I remember the ORIGINAL Clone Wars cartoon, which I much prefer. That was written out of canon even before the Disney Purge sadly. Whatever ever came of Durge the bounty hunter? I know his events aren't cannon, but does the character himself even exist in cannon anymore?

Reaction score
I don't get why people love that Durge character so much - saw him in the old CW series, seemed too silly and OP to me.

Reaction score
I don't get why people love that Durge character so much - saw him in the old CW series, seemed too silly and OP to me.
I think it's more just his design, I thought he LOOKED straight up BA. But when they introduced the whole almost Clayface from Batman abilities, it was a bit much for me too. If I remember right, he was like literally impossible to kill with usual tactics. Lightsabers, blasters, explosives, melee attacks, force attacks, it either wouldn't much phase him or he'd just regenerate even from like a single cell. That's some OP Wolverine type BS. I want to say, in the old Dark Horse Clone Wars comic, he's finally killed off for good when Anakin locks him in an escape pod and sends it into a sun. I mean yeah, that'll do it, but it's all so over the top. More like a superhero comic character than a SW one. But I just can't deny his design was awesome.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I agree, the design was cool in the sense something new. But character wise lacked significantly, ans just seemed silly.

But I do agree that it was a different type of discussion back then, than it is now. As much as I didn't card for the bashing, i almost miss it compared to what we're barraged with today.

Reaction score
I mean the spectrum has changed, I would say that during the release of the prequels, there totally was quite a lot of raging debate and even occasionally feuds and traded insults. It seems to have subdued with the first three episodes, where basically people can share their take on them...and largely it's civil. A lot of us have been around for a loooooong time and basically already know where each others stands on the PT. It's no longer shocking. It can still be interesting but largely it's old hat.

But now, it seems hyper personal. It's become uber political. I can't really recall PT debates ever delving into real world political or ethical ideologies, nor wildly personal and uncalled for accusations upon a persons actual character. Basically the worst you'd get back in 1999 was rather tame by comparison, essentially people would just insinuate you're a moron or some jacka$$. That was basically as far as it went. It's a different story now. I mean just the other day I was literally accused (on here) of being racist because I expressed that I feel The Last Jedi is the "black sheep" of the franchise. That's downright bonkers! I think it's safe to say the poster didn't know what the idiom "black sheep" means, much like how a lot of The Last Jedi fans don't seem to actually know the origin or true meaning of the term "Mary Sue," thus they just label you as sexist if you use it and dismiss you. It's grown overly venomous. And I can't help but think that it's largely in response, a sort of correlation, to what is actually occurring in the actual political climate. It's reflection. Which really is rather pathetic as, ultimately, this is about whether or not you like a space opera with space wizards who wield laser swords. It's not that serious, nor does liking or disliking The Last Jedi inherently tell anything about your ethical or political personality! It's...just...a...movie...

Reaction score
The other day, and I screenshot it, in one of the 6" customizer Facebook groups, a guy had made a really awesome Chewbacca and Solo - sort of Guerilla style with warpaint (Solo) - most of the face was black with red around the mouth area.

The first comment was "Not what I was expecting to see this morning. Im sure you didn't mean it, but uh, this looks like blackface".

It's an action figure, with warpaint... the customizer went on to add some more colorful paint so there was no doubt it wasn't blackface ...

fb_figur_blackface.jpg

it's sad that we have to take a knee to this kind of crazy, but that's my opinion. It's very much a reflection of the times we live in right now.

Reaction score
The other day, and I screenshot it, in one of the 6" customizer Facebook groups, a guy had made a really awesome Chewbacca and Solo - sort of Guerilla style with warpaint (Solo) - most of the face was black with red around the mouth area.

The first comment was "Not what I was expecting to see this morning. Im sure you didn't mean it, but uh, this looks like blackface".

It's an action figure, with warpaint... the customizer went on to add some more colorful paint so there was no doubt it wasn't blackface ...

View attachment 340103

it's sad that we have to take a knee to this kind of crazy, but that's my opinion. It's very much a reflection of the times we live in right now.
That's completely bat**** crazy! And yet sadly, you're absolutely right. We have to bend the knee to these psychos just to maintain the peace. Now I do believe they are a vast minority, though have seemingly surged in popularity, but still a minority. The issue is, they just search out or even fabricate social injustices when they're not there...just to feel important or noticed. But where it becomes a problem is...boy do they have venomously big mouths. They'll screen-cap something you said entirely out of context and then have their fellow social justice warriors mob you, complete strangers! They'll borderline stalk you and send it to your employer in an attempt to have you fired of publicly humiliated and disgraced. Then they'll sanctimoniously make claims that they're "Doing the right thing," as if you're some hidden Nazi or something because you...let's say don't like Rose's character and had the gull to say it on social media. How dare you, you deserve punished! These people aren't exactly dealing with a full deck, if you get my meaning...frankly, let's be honest here, it's a display of tragically untreated and ignored mental illness.

Reaction score
Having just read the Anthony daniels book too, it is quite plain that the sentence he is being dragged over the coals for online has been completely taken out of context given the rest of the paragraph.

Attention-seeking obnoxious posters is my diagnosis.

Reaction score
Having just read the Anthony daniels book too, it is quite plain that the sentence he is being dragged over the coals for online has been completely taken out of context given the rest of the paragraph.

The sentence being that innocent comment on him understanding why fans are passionate (and angry with TLJ)?

Reaction score

I've actually been wanting to pick that up. If I may, what does the full context say? I mean I wasn't offended by it even out of context. Hah! I believe I'm actually the one who made the Anthony Daniels post, I was more so offended that people were offended by what he said and were then attacking him and the character of C-3PO. Really devaluing him. It was rather sad. Now I will confess though, the real autobiography I'm waiting on is none other than Mark Hamill. I mean he's been almost crossing the line already with his sincere opinion, likely because he knows Disney can't fire him. As of now though, he can only get away with saying so much though. But once the press is done on TROS....he's out. His contract is over I'd assume. Mark unleashed...just what will he say THEN? I'm dying to know!

Reaction score
He is absolutely full of praise for JJ and RJ, personally and professionally, but regrets that his role is less in the ST up to this point.

He makes the same complaints about the PT. Basically there's a LOT of complaining in there!

The obnoxious squad ignore all of his positive comments about the new directors.

Reaction score
I mean when you view it, C-3PO is both a subsidiary character and a crucial character at the very same time. He's basically the librarian or arbiter of the lore in and of itself.