REMCO: Universal Monsters

Reaction score
you also collect this line Kevin? I didn't know it was that in demand learn something new everyday
I'm not sure if it's neccessarily in demand, or just had a lower'ish production run compared to the major companies, making it harder to find. For instance, I know the glowburst cards and the Mini Monsterizer were the last gasp of the line before leaving shelves, so those particular items seem to be rarer, I guess, because there were just less of them made.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm not sure if it's neccessarily in demand, or just had a lower'ish production run compared to the major companies, making it harder to find. For instance, I know the glowburst cards and the Mini Monsterizer were the last gasp of the line before leaving shelves, so those particular items seem to be rarer, I guess, because there were just less of them made.
I would love that Phantom of the Opera 9 inch MIB but that piece is $$$$

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm a new member to the forum and this is my first post. I'm familiar with this forum because I am a toy collector, but I have only been a casual observer in the past. However, doing some research on Remco Mini Monsters brought me here, specifically to this thread, because I feel like I've found the figure that the op talks about in this thread from nearly 8 years ago.

I picked up the following item on ebay this week: Universal Studios Remco Dracula Monster NIP 1980 Still SEALED | eBay

It had been sitting there for awhile and I made the seller an offer and they accepted. The seller isn't exactly sure what they have, and their opinion was that even though it appeared to be factory sealed, they thought that it was a reseal. They thought the reason for the yellowing of the bubble must be the glue. However, in closely looking at the pictures, I can see the waffling from the heat press. I'll have to get it into my hands to know for sure, but it it's hard to find evidence of a reseal from looking at the pics. There appears to be a slight bit of paint loss on the fingers of Dracula's right hand, and a little paint loss on his medallion, but this is not uncommon for a sealed item, when the figures rub up against the bubble.

In doing some searching on Google for remco variants I discovered this thread from 2007.

My question is, is this the EXACT same figure that the op was talking about? Or is there a chance that it's some sample of some sort, one off, variant, etc...

a quick search and comparison on Ebay showed similar MOC's with the same/similar yellowing, and not a faded fig:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/REMCO-Dracul...item2ed9f20d35

http://www.ebay.com/itm/vintage-Remc...item2c8ef3967a

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1980...item1c495c180b

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1980...item1c495c2bb8

I also checked my MOC set of Mini Monsters (I have a complete set of the glowburst carded figs, a sealed playcase, and a NIB Mini Monsterizer as well), and they share the waffling from the heat press. Also, it is an oddly shaped bubble. So essentially, the only way that I could see it being a re-seal would be if the scammer had the original card AND original bubble. But then how would the create the heat press waffling? It seems like a lot of trouble to go to for a not very valuable figure.

The item had been sitting on ebay for awhile, so I contacted the seller and made a low'ish offer from what they were asking. They accepted, so I can live with it being a re-seal, I just want to get my hands on it to find out for myself.

Finding this thread made me curious. I posted a similar thread over at the Mego Museum forum, and those guys all seem to feel it is a re-seal. Can anybody shed some light on this? Additionally, as I said, it appears to share the same waffling as my other MOC mini monsters. Are there some tell tale signs of a re-seal that I can look for?

I don't remember correctly but that's just like the one I saw