Regal Robot Rancor 1/1 Prop Replica

For what price you would buy the Rancor from Regal Robot if it's done extremely well?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Sorry I wrote Ranco instead of Rancor in the title and do not know how to correct it, can a mod fix it please :)
Thanks a lot
Chris

Reaction score
Is the info correct that this one will stay unpainted like the Taun Taun? If this is correct I am definitely out.
Chris

Reaction score
I hope that is correct. With a low ES of 50 for example (I doubt it will be more) this could be a buy for me then. All depends on how the get the paintjob right and if a signature is included. Just need to figure out how to buy it then since they do not send directly to Germany.
Chris

Reaction score
I hope that is correct. With a low ES of 50 for example (I doubt it will be more) this could be a buy for me then. All depends on how the get the paintjob right and if a signature is included. Just need to figure out how to buy it then since they do not send directly to Germany.
Chris
It will be a signature edition (Tippett) but a edition size hasn't been finalized yet. It will be more than 50 though. I'm hearing rumors of a ES of 83, ROTJ release date.

Tom confirmed today that the prototype was getting painted during his live broadcast on Facebook.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Sounds good, the ES of 83 as well, now only wait if he turned out great and then figure out how to order :)
Chris

Reaction score
It was not revealed yet officially, the video showed reveal in 16 hours @ the time that I posted it. But it seems that the link to Youtube is gone.
Chris

Reaction score
Sorry, I meant where did the pictures come from.

Reaction score
Nevermind, I see that RR released those today.

Reaction score
Looks nice, but at that price and with 83 of them I expect these won’t sell out for a while.

Hopefully somebody decides to get both so we can get a good comparison :)

Reaction score
This one looks way better than the Sideshow one but at almost double the price, wow. Amazing piece if you you're ok with the price of admission.

Reaction score
I took the Rancor part out of the complete video, a lot of interesting information Tom shares here!

Chris

Reaction score
This one looks way better than the Sideshow one but at almost double the price, wow. Amazing piece if you you're ok with the price of admission.
Agree way better than the Sideshow release but yikes it’s a big admission price tag

Reaction score
Agree way better than the Sideshow release but yikes it’s a big admission price tag
Guys, let's be real here, this is RR we are talking about. No other license company comes close to the shear about of time, effort, attention to detail and pride in their work than RR does. We complain a lot about other companies and how they handle their customers and lack of product delivery. They should learn a thing or two from RR. Also, they aren't pumping out massive edition sizes either.

Reaction score
Guys, let's be real here, this is RR we are talking about. No other license company comes close to the shear about of time, effort, attention to detail and pride in their work than RR does. We complain a lot about other companies and how they handle their customers and lack of product delivery. They should learn a thing or two from RR. Also, they aren't pumping out massive edition sizes either.

Keeping it real I just sold a 2010 Honda to my friend last month... For 3k. I get the enthusiasm, I also watched the video and saw the effort put into it and I was liking the magnetic removal hand and why they did that. However value is what it’s worth to you personally. To me it’s a lot of money, yep it’s a low edition to attract those with the money. However in my opinion it’s not worth 3k. This being said Fuzzy I respect your opinion as well as I agree a lot of OTHER companies could learn a lot about their fan base, communication and actually delivering on a nice Collectable !!! I agree that RR has that figured out. GC

Reaction score
Sorry, that wasn't directed to you personally but to the group as a whole. I just realized I quoted you.

No, I get it, not every collectable is for everyone. Just don't want to forget that these guys are doing great work and they also have to be compensated as well.

Reaction score
No problem I agree RR goes a long way for their fan base. I’m sure the folks that pick this up will enjoy it. GC

BEYOND that there is yet one more thing I want to say..... it is made in America and that is refreshing. I will be keeping my eye open for future releases of their products.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Wish I had the money to pick this up. It has incredible likeness to what was seen on screen!

Reaction score
Usually I don't shell out that kind of money for a new release but in this case I'll have to.
I already was on the fence for the Rancor from SSC, but to me it was not even @ 60% of what I hoped it should look like, still I wanted it. The RR Rancor came just in time.
With all that attention to detail, the effort that already went into the development, the signature, the low ES and that it is not made in China makes it worth it to me and I gladly want to support Regal Robot by paying the price tag. this will not be a mass product, but created and painted by artists.
I hope they keep up showing us amazing collectibles. That said, if someone from RR is reading this: I hope for a non-concept art Jabba with Salacious B. Crumb. :)
Chris