Reflections of Christian Waggoner

Reaction score
The entire Reflection, tight crop is CW's "thing"... to see another artist attempt it, falls flat imo.

****** of ACME to even offer this.

Reaction score
Acme has no class at all. They over charge and bully artists.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I saw this today. A total rip off.
At least I'm not the only one that feels this way.

The artist(Graham) can say whatever he wants...but in the end, it is a slap in the face to all the Waggoner supporters.

Extremely poor judgement on ACME's end - but they knew what they were doing.

Just bring back Christian Waggoner! So friggin' ridiculous.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The top one from Battlefront cover is a ROTJ helmet, someone paid good attention of what a ROTJ (or SE) Stormtrooper helmet looks like. Waggoner stuff is superb, but more idealized than that.
And what stupid ACME did to Christian was really fugly. :(

Reaction score
ACME's reply on FaceBook ....

"Hi all,
Thought we’d go ahead and say our two cents here. With artists, it’s a two way relationship. When the relationship is abused, and long drawn out situations arise, then sometimes we need to make the difficult decision in terminating said relationship. Sometimes behind the scenes can’t be painted over with oils or gouache, and as with any business, sometime people are a good fit, sometimes not. We have so many great partnerships with all kinds (Artists, Mondo, studios, etc) and we can definitely say Kevin Graham is a perfect fit here. We look forward to releasing more of his works soon."

Reaction score
They avoided the entire question of the basically, exact same style being used (ripped off).

Reaction score
Acme makes me so $#&%^$* stabby. This is a complete rip off and to go on and say that they basically found Waggoner on the street and gave him the idea to justify releasing a lesser version of his style? Total bull. The very very first time we saw a Waggoner, it made us stop dead in our tracks and we bought not one but two canvases on the spot. This replacement piece doesn't have the same appeal and I doubt that it will make it's way to Space ***** level merchandising like Waggoner's work has.

That, and acting like Waggoner, one of the most genuinely nice people I have ever met in my life, was a pain to work with and abused the situation is another load of bull. While other top artists were running their own booths at conventions and making money, Christian was sitting in ACME's booth painting live to help bring people to their booth and sell their prints. Not a single AP of his was sold. And they have the gull to say he was the pain to work with?

Reaction score
I was hoping that maybe the relationship between ACME and Waggoner was on the mend. Not looking so.

Reaction score
So what happens to Christian now? Can he still produce Star Wars art and sell them independently, or is that a definite no, no?

Reaction score
Anyone can draw anything they want and sell it. They just can't make prints and start selling it. Basically, you have to buy the original.

Although, some people still make prints and sell them. I've seen lots of Star Wars artwork sold at cons that is not limited or licensed. Maybe CW needs to do the same now.

Reaction score
ACME's reply on FaceBook ....

"Hi all,
Thought we’d go ahead and say our two cents here. With artists, it’s a two way relationship. When the relationship is abused, and long drawn out situations arise, then sometimes we need to make the difficult decision in terminating said relationship. Sometimes behind the scenes can’t be painted over with oils or gouache, and as with any business, sometime people are a good fit, sometimes not. We have so many great partnerships with all kinds (Artists, Mondo, studios, etc) and we can definitely say Kevin Graham is a perfect fit here. We look forward to releasing more of his works soon."
Just another reason to never buy from them.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Nice! Does Christian do any type of wait lists usually for those who can't attend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
One of Christian's best here.

Just stunning. Not sure any of the artists can do the wait list deal....

Reaction score
I'm so glad to have Christian back on the scene. It's been far too long. I think I'll have some bourbon to celebrate.:grin:

Reaction score
So,
will Christian have his own booth there and how are the chances he'll sell other pieces there (atat, boussh...)?

Reaction score
Love Canvas. Cheap to frame and generally looks better, at least imho.

Reaction score
Found someone to pick up the art for me. I will be adding my first Waggoner piece to my collection. Glad to be able to get it and glad to see Waggoner back in Star Wars again.