Reflection on 2020 and Collecting Goals for 2021

Reaction score
In 2021, we need less trolling and fights - last year I witnessed a number of people lose their minds on the forums, including some that have been here for a decade or more! I'm sure the current troubles played a part, but I'm hoping this year that people calm down and realize we're all here to share our interest in the hobby. Luckily these forums are still mild compared to certain other websites out there. Lets keep RS above board.

Reaction score
In 2021, we need less trolling and fights - last year I witnessed a number of people lose their minds on the forums, including some that have been here for a decade or more! I'm sure the current troubles played a part, but I'm hoping this year that people calm down and realize we're all here to share our interest in the hobby. Luckily these forums are still mild compared to certain other websites out there. Lets keep RS above board.

Them’s fightin’ words!

Reaction score
I just hope to be the idiot less. 🥸

Meanwhile, I’m going to seek out more mini-rigs!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Life is way too short to to waste time arguing about pointless stuff. This is a hobby for most of us and should be fun & enjoyable. The day I stop having fun, is the day I call it quits.

Reaction score
Try to fill in the last missing coins I need for my POTF coin collection.

Unfortunately, every coin from here on out is $500+.

Would also like to get an AFA 85 graded Trilogo Boba Fett. It’s the last figure I want for my loose collection.

Hi,

Has anyone ever seen an AFA 85 Trilogo Boba Fett?

I only ask as I've just sent in 2 mint loose ones & they both came back 80.Someone who has used AFA for years told me that they won't grade above 80 due to the usual torso discolouration.

Reaction score
According to the AFA population reports, they have graded 18 Trilogo Fetts 85 or better with the unpainted knee and graded 19 Trilogo Fetts 85 or better with the painted knee for a total of 37.

I picked up a UKG Trilogo Fett (graded 85/85) a few weeks ago and am very pleased with my purchase.

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
My vintage Star Wars and G.I. Joe collecting is pretty much on hold, waiting to see what the Retro lines give us. Since I was able to get a beautiful boxed HISS tank for 20 dollars at Walmart instead of 400 dollars on Ebay, then I'm not investing in any vintage figures or ships for a while. Waiting to see if Star Wars Retro will deliver a Bossk or General Veers or AT-AT Driver in the near future... save me some MOC money. But non-vintage, still have quite a few Black Series on pre-order, a few more mini-busts, and there's still a lot of Titanium, Hot Wheels and 30th Anniversary vehicles I need to get. Next up will be the 30th TIE Bomber. Looks like the bulk of my collecting budget this year will be Marvel Legends. Quite a few on BBTS pre-order.

Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone ever seen an AFA 85 Trilogo Boba Fett?

I only ask as I've just sent in 2 mint loose ones & they both came back 80.Someone who has used AFA for years told me that they won't grade above 80 due to the usual torso discolouration.
I sent a really nice tri-logo fett unpained knee, unpainted dart, off to CAS in 2019 and it came back an 85+ (89.1 actual score). So they are out there... NFS... ;)

Reaction score
I sent a really nice tri-logo fett unpained knee, unpainted dart, off to CAS in 2019 and it came back an 85+ (89.1 actual score). So they are out there... NFS... ;)
Nice! I sent the same one to CAS and also got a 85+ (88.1 actual score) and at the same time sent an unpainted knee / painted dart (w/ an unpainted shoulder) and got a 75+ (77.9 total) on that one.

Reaction score
My goals this year are to sell off my 6" collection so that I can actually display my 3.75" collection in a more presentable way (new cabinets and less tupperware). Possibly, even get back into photography and photograph my collection.

Reaction score
In 2021, I plan on crashing the accessories market. I shall manufacture tens of thousands of obvious repro Kenner weapons, mix them with assorted junk toys, and donate them to second hand stores in all 50 states. Even though they'll be identifiable by a float test or whatever, no one will be able to fully trust an eBay auction again. Mwahahahahaha!

Reaction score
2021 Goals Update 5/25/21 - been a great year so far !!!!
1. ☑Display my collection in our new home
2. Add figures,vehicles, and playsets (boxes are a great bonus) to move towards completing my collection
Need...
Figures:
  • Tusken Raider (hollow tubes)
Beasts:
  • ☑Open belly tauntaun
  • Dianoga
Vehicles

• ☑Slave I
  • Jawa Sandcrawler
  • ☑Tie Fighter (white)
  • ☑Tie Fighter (battle damaged)
  • ☑Tie Interceptor
  • ☑Darth Vader Tie Fighter
  • X-Wing (Battle Damaged)
  • B-Wing
  • A-Wing
Play sets
  • Creature Cantina
  • Death Star Space Station
  • Dagobah Action Playset
  • Turret and Probot
  • ☑Imperial Attack Base
  • Ewok Village
3.☑ Start a small online toy store through acquisitions, restoration and trading- Jedi Temple Toys on eBay and Facebook
4. Find boxes for my loose vehicles and monsters.
Boxes needed
  • Rancor
  • Tauntaun
  • Dewback
  • Wampa
  • Jabba The Hut
  • Speeder Bike
  • White X-Wing
  • Y-Wing
  • Rebel Armored Snowspeeder
  • Cloud Car
  • Landspeeder
5. get survival items... ☑Luke training backpack, ☑Luke grappling hook , ☑backpacks and gas masks for my rebel transport.
6. Get Kenner mini catalogs I’m missing most, I only have the empire one with Luke on the front.
-(added Star Wars mini-catalog with tie and xwing)
7. Sell of my remaining 12 modern figures- they are on my trade page , come get em! Please!!! (10 sold, Only 2 remain)
8. Falcon radar dish

Reaction score
2021 Goals Update 5/25/21 - been a great year so far !!!!
2. Add figures,vehicles, and playsets (boxes are a great bonus) to move towards completing my collection
Need...
Figures:
Beasts:
  • ☑Open belly tauntaun
  • Dianoga
Vehicles

• ☑Slave I
  • Jawa Sandcrawler
  • ☑Tie Fighter (white)
  • ☑Tie Interceptor
  • X-Wing (Battle Damaged)
  • ☑B-Wing
  • A-Wing
Play sets
  • Creature Cantina
  • ➡Dagobah Action Playset (got the shell, but need the two branch pieces,2 grey crate boxes and the 1 r2d2 cylinder (anyone here wanna help?)
  • Turret and Probot
  • ☑Imperial Attack Base
  • ➡Ewok Village- got three threes and the middle platform , but need everything else (anyone wanna help?)
3.☑ Start a small online toy store through acquisitions, restoration and trading- Jedi Temple Toys on eBay and Facebook and after starting with a $1,000 loan a month ago , I have paid off the loan and am profitable with tons of stock to still list!

Boxes needed
  • Rancor
  • Tauntaun
  • Dewback
  • Wampa
  • Jabba The Hut
  • Speeder Bike
  • White X-Wing
  • Y-Wing
  • Cloud Car
  • Landspeeder
5. get survival items... ☑Luke training backpack, ☑Luke grappling hook , ☑backpacks, ☑gas masks for my rebel transport.
6. Get Kenner mini catalogs I’m missing most, I only have the empire one with Luke on the front.
7. Sell of my remaining 12 modern figures- they are on my trade page , come get em! Please!!! (10 sold, Only 2 remain)
8. Falcon radar dish
Updated ,,, picked up a b-wing today for an early Father’s Day gift from my wife. It’s from a local toy store!!! Been a great year of collecting Kenner Star Wars !

Last edited:
Reaction score
2021 Goals Update 6/10/21 - been a great year so far !!!! Picked up a battle damaged c-wing cheap!!
Need...
Figures:
Beasts:
  • ☑Open belly tauntaun
  • Dianoga
Vehicles

• ☑Slave I
  • ☑Tie Fighter (white)
  • ☑Tie Interceptor
  • ✅X-Wing (Battle Damaged)
  • ☑B-Wing
  • A-Wing
  • Skiff
  • Jawa Sandcrawler
Play sets
  • Creature Cantina
  • ➡Dagobah Action Playset (got the shell, but need the two branch pieces,2 grey crate boxes and the 1 r2d2 cylinder (anyone here wanna help?)
  • Turret and Probot
  • ☑Imperial Attack Base
  • ➡Ewok Village- got three threes and the middle platform , but need everything else (anyone wanna help?)
3.☑ Start a small online toy store through acquisitions, restoration and trading- Jedi Temple Toys on eBay and Facebook and after starting with a $1,000 loan a month ago , I have paid off the loan and am profitable with tons of stock to still list!

Boxes needed
  • Rancor
  • Tauntaun
  • Dewback
  • Wampa
  • Jabba The Hut
  • Speeder Bike
  • White X-Wing
  • Y-Wing
  • Cloud Car
  • Landspeeder
5. get survival items... ☑Luke training backpack, ☑Luke grappling hook , ☑backpacks, ☑gas masks for my rebel transport.
8. Falcon radar dish

Reaction score
2021 Goals Update 6/17/ 21 - been a great year so far !!!! Picked up an Ewok village for Father’s Day!!
Need...
Figures:
Beasts:
  • ☑Open belly tauntaun
  • Dianoga
Vehicles

• ☑Slave I
  • ☑Tie Fighter (white)
  • ☑Tie Interceptor
  • ☑X-Wing (Battle Damaged)
  • ☑B-Wing
  • A-Wing
  • Skiff
  • Jawa Sandcrawler
Play sets
  • Creature Cantina
  • Turret and Probot
  • ☑Imperial Attack Base
  • ☑Ewok Village- just need chair carrier and 3 pole rail

Boxes needed
  • Rancor
  • Tauntaun
  • Dewback
  • Wampa
  • Jabba The Hut
  • Speeder Bike
  • White X-Wing
  • Y-Wing
  • Cloud Car
  • Landspeeder
8. Falcon radar dish

Reaction score
Updates seem to be in vogue. Here we go. In the 6th month of 2021 I have some uppy dates.

Get rid of almost all my old toys and accept that it's not my childhood, it's just stuff, and I'll have to get rid of it someday no matter what. Rejoice in the fact that I have small children, and their Star Wars toys are now the star of the show.

Done. Got rid of all my vehicles and almost all my spare figures. I saved my Jabba's palace accessories (Throne Room, Dungeon, Rancor) and a few other small screen accurate accessories (Tauntaun, Dewback, Tripod Cannon, Radar Cannon, Wampa) but I have downsized my childhood 3.75" collection into one standardish size Rubbermaid tub.

Meantime, I kinda annoyed my wife by SHOWERING the kids in POTF2 vehicles on May the 4th, so we can revel in our own Star Wars adventures with toys that are very similar but ultimately different from my old ones.

QUOTE="TauntaunScout, post: 20337404, member: 40101"]
Use the money to make a killer Micro Collection exhibit in my newly finished basement
[/QUOTE]

I got "starter" display cabinets and the basement is slowly becoming finished. Should be habitable before summer's end. So far, so good.

QUOTE="TauntaunScout, post: 20337404, member: 40101"]
with 4-Ups, squeezings, unreleased items, and probably some 2D prints ordered from Kim Simmons.
[/QUOTE]

I have pivoted on this goal somewhat. It's now a strictly Micro Collection Ion Cannon focus collection. Non-Ion MC items will be archived out of sight. I have so many non-Star Wars hobbies, if I didn't pick an even narrower focus than "Micro Collection" nothing would ever get done. For the Ion Cannon, I've managed to get an engineering pilot of the playset, a couple pre-pro 2D pieces, a fake 4-up, an internal Kenner QC sign-off sample of the playset, and I away a real 4-up with matching squeezing in the mail. I was also able to acquire a bag of the fake snow used by Kenner for staging Hoth dioramas in box art photography. The same pile of fake snow was used for Micro Collection and 3.75".

As cool as the real items are, I do love the fake 4-ups. I get to paint them myself and it feels like I'm in From Star Wars to Jedi or something.

Reaction score
This year, so far, I have acquired several things on my vintage list:

Droids Side Gunner
Ben Kenobi cape
Tusken cape
ANH Leia cape
Removable limbs C-3PO

For the remainder of the year, I would just like to get:

ANH Han blaster
Stormtrooper blaster
ANH Luke saber (but I’m considering replacing this figure altogether)
At least one of the missing Last 17 figures I lack. Probably Sim Aloo or the A-Wing Pilot.

Reaction score
One of my top priorities has always been to acquire the figures I had as a kid before the other Kenner releases that I never owned. If I find a nice loose sample of any Kenner figure that I don't have in my collection, I'll tend to purchase it though, because eventually I plan on tracking everything down. These are the figures I once owned as a kid, that I still haven't picked up:

Luke (Jedi Knight)
Ben Kenobi
Anakin
Max Rebo
Teebo

Reaction score
My goal 2021 is to start a fight against people who believe that Starwars characters like Rey, Fin, Poe, and Kaz should never be apart of the ongoing story.
I love the characters, Hate the stories.

Collecting Star Wars now is a major pain in the gundark.
even fixing up old vehicles (which I love) has become cost prohibitive.
good luck if you are just starting out too, people seem to think Beaters are worth top dollar.
I am thankful I have a nearly complete collection of figures and vehicles... (3 vehicles to go!)

Sadly my goal this year may be to sell off the modern all together and focus on getting into playsets. I only have one of them aside from a Death Star.
Something about the Kenner figures, and even their modern counterparts makes me much happier than new stuff. Even the retros.

Reaction score
Indeed. I may work my way into 12 inchers then micros. But that micro Falcon....$$$ not to mention snowspeeder.

A good boxed one? It’s the price of a new musket, yeah. A loose complete one is only like $250 though. Heck, pistols and swords cost more.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I still need to find my Tig Fromm. That’s my vintage goal. 😤

Reaction score
This year, so far, I have acquired several things on my vintage list:

Droids Side Gunner
Ben Kenobi cape
Tusken cape
ANH Leia cape
Removable limbs C-3PO

For the remainder of the year, I would just like to get:

ANH Han blaster
Stormtrooper blaster
ANH Luke saber (but I’m considering replacing this figure altogether)
At least one of the missing Last 17 figures I lack. Probably Sim Aloo or the A-Wing Pilot.

I spoke too soon! I picked up an Imp Dignitary for $80 shipped on Mercari today!

Reaction score
4-up and squeezing arrived from @Adam_L and my collecting goals for 2021 are done. This leaves 6 months to plan, hunt, and save up, for other stuff. I shall post my 2022 goals in awhile.