Reflection on 2019 and Collecting goals for 2020

Reaction score
Hello fellow scummers,

It is once again time for our annual tradition of looking back and reflecting on your 2019 collecting goals and time to set new goals for 2020. If you can't remember your goals for 2019, you can find them here: https://forum.rebelscum.com/threads/reflection-on-2018-and-collecting-goals-for-2019.1140478/

Feel free to cut and paste your 2019 goals, or just make new ones if you didn't post any last year.

How did you do this year? What are your goals for 2020?

Happy holidays and MTFBWY!

Reaction score
All over the board this year! I did manage to pick up some nice catalog baggie sets and 4-12 back MOC's. Still continued to army build buying figure and weapon lots.

2020 Goals:
Would like to Add 1 or 2 12 Back MOC's to my run
Some new Multipack sets would be great
Godzilla Popy Jumbo Machinder (Shogun Warrior style roars with pull string 70's item from Japan)

Reaction score
Finished with most of my vehicles and playsets. The only one I don't have is the a wing.

Did get most of an early bird set up.

2020 will be a hard year to collect because I am making the transition to business owner so time and resources will be limited.

Hopefully I can get my hands on some cases. Still missing a couple of small parts.

Reaction score
Goals for 2019:
-Get a couple more "Last 17" loose figures (need 4)
-add a couple more POTF coins to my frame
-find any Boushh proof or POTF Death Star Droid proof (probably only a pipedream at this point)
-MISB/MIB Rebel Transport or Chewbacca Bandolier
-Enjoy Celebration 2019
2019 was a landmark year for me. I picked up several grails that I’ve been after for years (I will be updating a gallery thread soon). I did have to break up a few of my favorite runs to fund these grails (my poor Leia and Tusken runs are very small now). It was more stress than I had anticipated finding buyers and shipping everything, but things mostly worked out for the best.

-I completed my “last 17” run
- I completed my POTF coin set (bucket list accomplishment)
-didn’t find any Boushh or Death Star Droid proofs
-I did pick up a sealed Bandolier at Celebration.
-I had wonderful time at Celebration and finally met a lot of great collectors in person.

Goals for 2020:
-get some much needed acrylic cases
-get 1-2 MISB items graded before the tape dries up
-finish my TK armor and join the 501st
-take a year off of buying, selling, and trading to just enjoy my collection.

Hope everyone had a great year and that next year is even better!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks Randy!

Goals for 2019
1. More test prints. There's one particular very rare test print poster I'm after but wouldn't turn down a few more common ones too. Have to be more selective as I'm running out of room to hang them all.
2. early bird header - 5th times the charm right ?
3. fund my new purchases by selling. I've slowly started to sell things in my collection that don't fit my focus or don't excite me anymore. Let's keep that going I hope even the large purchases above are paid for entirely by sales of other stuff.
Well I got my #1 grail the CMYK Style A Test print. There have only been 3 copies that have ever been sold. (the one I got was the 4th sale ever that I'm aware of and it was one that had previously been sold so there are still only 3 copies out there in collector's hands) There is another more common PMS test print that comes up more frequently and lucky for me this CMYK version was listed at a public auction and was probably thought was like a PMS print so it didn't get much attention drawn to it. I have to admit most collectors probably didn't know it even existed or how rare it was and I didn't volunteer any information about it prior to owning one just in case something like this ever came up for sale. This is why I didn't say what very rare test print poster I was after.

2. still no early bird header I've given up hope on that I'm afraid.

3. I had to sell a few things to help pay for the test print poster and will probably sell a few more things in 2020. The posters I have left are super expensive.

Goals for 2020
1. Pare down my collection to fund more rare posters
2. Spend more time with fellow collectors at meet ups and collection group events.

Reaction score
I didn't do much vintage in 2019. I got a landspeeder and a really nice Rebel Transport at a convention. My goal for 2020 is to continue looking for deals on vintage vehicles and playsets I don't have, especially a Darth Vader's Star Destroyer.

Reaction score
Since I missed last years, I will post my updated thread here.

Goals for 2019:

1. Keep chugging along with my modern pre-production run. Sold a few items and am in the process of paring it down more to a specfic list.

2. Take a step back and contemplate my place in the hobby. Done yearly and check.

3. Land a few Keshi Jawas to my run. Nope, nada and not even a sniff.

4. Design my charity pin for the next Celebration. Done and raised over $600.00 for St. Jude.

5. Attend the Cincinnati Show. Missed it.

6. Post more in my Facebook group and continue to read the forums. Done

7. Shake up something in my collection. Sold my beloved mockups.

8 Have fun or sell everything. Check

9. Grow the Jawa Collectors group to over 1000 members and have one hell of a prize for someone. Nearing 800

Goals for 2020:

1. Have fun and grow my inner self.
2. Finally land some Keshi Jawas I am missing.
3. Sale more of my modern prototypes.
4. Be more outgoing and love the hobby more.
5. Continue to investigate and collect other toy lines.
6. Take a much needed break from Celebration.
7. Attend more Con's.
8. Have fun with collecting again.

Reaction score
After a long, long, long search I got my 'Short V' Power Droid in utterly immaculate condition (those darn feet are tough, as are the stickers). Seller had dark photos that did not show the details and did not mark it as a variant. My max bid was $65 because I did not want to miss it and I got it for $15! My 2019 was great for this reason alone. Ah, the little things in life. . .

Reaction score
2019 was my worst year for my SW vintage collection, I acquired no vintage items. I'm having a hard time justifying spending upwards and above $200 on a loose complete last 17 figure (A-Wing Pilot, Luke Poncho). I did manage to get something I have been eyeing for many years, a Grail item for me, not SW but related. I purchased a Williams, Indiana Jones Pinball Machine to keep my Data East Star Wars Machine company.
For 2020, I'm hoping to find a more reasonably priced A-Wing Pilot and Luke Poncho but I'm not holding my breath, I also need a boxed Vader Tie Fighter.

Reaction score
Well I got the Uzay Blue stars and Imperial Gunner + 2 Snowtrooper proofs, which I'm very very happy with. Did not expect that.

Goals - 2019:
(I dont know if I can call it goals. It's more a wish list at this point)

ESB and RvOTJ - Snowtrooper proof
POTF Yak proof

Oh... and Bib ROTJ and POTF proof (help me Randy!)
Thanks for bumping Randy
Manage to get Snowtrooper Revenge proof and ROTJ bib proof. Very happy with that. ;-)
Goal for 2020 is:
POTF bib and yak proof

Reaction score
2019 was great for my carded collection. I got some great ones this year including ROTJ gunner photo Original Luke, Luke Bespin on a graded ESB card, Original Han Solo on a ROTJ card and Han Bespin on a ROTJ card.

My goals for 2020 won't be popular to most as I am going to refrain from purchasing any more vintage and instead focus on the upcoming ESB Retro line. I'm also looking forward to seeing what SLC has in store as they too are focusing on ESB figures.

Wt

Reaction score
2I did manage to get something I have been eyeing for many years, a Grail item for me, not SW but related. I purchased a Williams, Indiana Jones Pinball Machine to keep my Data East Star Wars Machine company.
I played the heck out of this at a newsstand when I was in college a long, long time ago. Being a big Indy fan helped, but a really fun pinball game on top of that!

Reaction score
I can't say that it was a 2019 goal specifically, but I did finally manage to fulfill the long term goal of replacing my POTF Jabba's Dungeon playset. I sold mine back in 2008 and almost instantly regretted it; but it was missing pieces and the figures were pretty beat up, so I told myself that someday I would buy a complete one, figures and all, to replace it. I was finally able to accomplish that this year. I got the playset complete, with the original box and all of the inserts, as well as Amanaman and Barada in the baggie. I also bought an EV-9D9, but he is just a loose version of the figure and didn't come in a baggie. Considering how hard it is to find a decent EV-9D9 these days, with his arms still attached, I'm fine with that one concession.

As for 2020 collecting goals, I don't really have anything set in stone. I am on a bit of a Mandalorian kick right now, because of the Disney+ show, so the idea of tracking down a complete vintage Slave 1 is pretty exciting to me at the moment.

I've also always kind of wanted a vintage Tatooine Skiff, but that's a pretty major purchase and I will likely wait until after I pay off a couple of credit cards before I even consider it.

Reaction score
I'm continuing to fill gaps in my loose Kenner collection and picking up TVC figures into 2020. I'm also likely to pick up some Retro figures, since the line is rumored to continue next year with an ESB theme. What I'd really love to accomplish in to 2020 is tracking down the Kenner Imperial Dignitary, and campaign to have Hasbro release an updated version in TVC, considering Sim Aloo has never been given a modern figure.

Reaction score
To add to my list, I will most likely go after cases more than anything. Only missing a couple of small parts to my ships. Need 2 legs for a complete skiff, and the rope for my death star. Only ship I am missing is the A wing but probably won’t buy one unless I get s really good deal on it

My early bird finished me off for the most part. I have all the figures already and only missing a box for my Fett mailer. I’m not going for the sears cantina or other store mailer exclusives. I have to cut it off somewhere. I do have all the card back mailers and also bought a poppy Han .

Time to case these up and I want to submit a few items for grading in custom cases. I have an opened speeder bike complete to submit for a Q grade. The sellers son cut the taped seal so it’s now considered opened.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Toyman don't get Plastic case poisoning in 2020!!!!
Lol

I talk a big game but chances are I will just buy the plastic mail away 12 figure case , the envelope case, possibly have cas sell me a case to display the cardboard early bird stand opened, I can’t really see me storing the stand in an envelope where you can’t see it. I do have an idea for displaying a couple pieces in a case but we will see.

Reaction score
I haven't bought anything in 5+ years, but I still look for a really nice Imperial Troop Transporter in the SW box from time to time. Maybe 2020 will be the year for it.

Reaction score
This year like the past 3 years did not find much. And i do not buy online because of shipping causes damage.

Reaction score
Oh boy, here's my list from last year:

-Finish my loose figure run (I've still got several last 17 to go including Yak Face, but I'm positioning myself to pick him up next, go big or go home)
-I not only picked up a Yak, but a Gunner and Stormy Luke.
-I realized that the only mint ANH vehicles I have are the speeder and falcon, so I'm going to find some nice ones with nice boxes, in particular Vader's Tie and an X-wing.
-I did pick up Vader's TIE, but not box. Never did spring for the X-Wing
-Open Belly Tauntaun with nice box and inserts (this one is really a must for me, its the last "creature" I need for my creature run)
-Didn't happen. Finding a nice open belly with all the inserts and nice box has been a challenge
-A nice ESB case w/ Wampa in the corner
-I could have grabbed this one several times this year, but decided it wasn't a top priority
-AT-AT chin guns and ESB box to finish that thing off once and for all
-Ended up adding a complete AT-AT with a really nice ROTJ box. Very happy
-Needing to pick up a couple more minty minis with boxes and inserts (if I can add one or two I'll feel accomplished
-I did good on the minis. Picked up a mint MLC-8, MTV-7, ISP-6, AST-5, and an Endor Forest Ranger. All nice boxes, not bends, and all inserts included. Awesome mini year for me.

2020 GOALS:
I'm going to play this one by ear. My list continues to not only grow each year, but also adds more and more branches/rabbit holes. Hahaha. I'm outgrowing my SW room and am having to be a bit selective with what I need versus want. With that being said, here's my out look on 2020:

- Find a loose Poncho Luke, Amanaman, EV-9D9 and General Lando to be closer to completing my loose run
- Upgrade a few loose figures, nothing major, just upgrading to some tougher to find variants
- Loose POTF Imperial Sniper and/or Sand Skimmer
- Find as many interesting oddball vintage items as possible. Weirder the better. A higher end Sigma piece or two would be fantastic

Reaction score
My goal was to get a decently priced, in the box 12" Boba Fett. It is the same goal every year. I fell short again.

I did however (quite unexpectedly) add 4 SIGMA pieces! A Boba Fett, Darth Vader and C-3P0+R2-D2 figurines plus a Biker Scout mug.

Reaction score
Decided to get back into my vintage collection this year. Went to a toy show here in TX and I purchased a few vintage vehicles and a case with the purpose of restoring them. I then pulled out my old vintage vehicles to take stock and finally display them in my collection room then I realized that I needed to also purchase a few pieces to complete them. Now, my goal for 2020 is to complete all my old vintage vehicles and pieces while completing a couple of the new pieces I brought at the toy show; and having it all done before October. In October, I will return to the famous Kane county toy show that I haven't been to in about 10 yrs. I moved from Illinois in 2013 but I am going back to get some new pieces to restore.

Reaction score
Plan is to go after vehicles with boxes. Need to be complete and in decent condition. That will be my 2020 goal.

Reaction score
Not to intentionally or unintentionally dump plastic of any kind into the Pacific Ocean.