Reflection on 2019 and Collecting goals for 2020

Reaction score
Hello fellow scummers,

It is once again time for our annual tradition of looking back and reflecting on your 2019 collecting goals and time to set new goals for 2020. If you can't remember your goals for 2019, you can find them here: https://forum.rebelscum.com/threads/reflection-on-2018-and-collecting-goals-for-2019.1140478/

Feel free to cut and paste your 2019 goals, or just make new ones if you didn't post any last year.

How did you do this year? What are your goals for 2020?

Happy holidays and MTFBWY!

Reaction score
All over the board this year! I did manage to pick up some nice catalog baggie sets and 4-12 back MOC's. Still continued to army build buying figure and weapon lots.

2020 Goals:
Would like to Add 1 or 2 12 Back MOC's to my run
Some new Multipack sets would be great
Godzilla Popy Jumbo Machinder (Shogun Warrior style roars with pull string 70's item from Japan)

Reaction score
Finished with most of my vehicles and playsets. The only one I don't have is the a wing.

Did get most of an early bird set up.

2020 will be a hard year to collect because I am making the transition to business owner so time and resources will be limited.

Hopefully I can get my hands on some cases. Still missing a couple of small parts.

Reaction score
Goals for 2019:
-Get a couple more "Last 17" loose figures (need 4)
-add a couple more POTF coins to my frame
-find any Boushh proof or POTF Death Star Droid proof (probably only a pipedream at this point)
-MISB/MIB Rebel Transport or Chewbacca Bandolier
-Enjoy Celebration 2019
2019 was a landmark year for me. I picked up several grails that I’ve been after for years (I will be updating a gallery thread soon). I did have to break up a few of my favorite runs to fund these grails (my poor Leia and Tusken runs are very small now). It was more stress than I had anticipated finding buyers and shipping everything, but things mostly worked out for the best.

-I completed my “last 17” run
- I completed my POTF coin set (bucket list accomplishment)
-didn’t find any Boushh or Death Star Droid proofs
-I did pick up a sealed Bandolier at Celebration.
-I had wonderful time at Celebration and finally met a lot of great collectors in person.

Goals for 2020:
-get some much needed acrylic cases
-get 1-2 MISB items graded before the tape dries up
-finish my TK armor and join the 501st
-take a year off of buying, selling, and trading to just enjoy my collection.

Hope everyone had a great year and that next year is even better!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks Randy!

Goals for 2019
1. More test prints. There's one particular very rare test print poster I'm after but wouldn't turn down a few more common ones too. Have to be more selective as I'm running out of room to hang them all.
2. early bird header - 5th times the charm right ?
3. fund my new purchases by selling. I've slowly started to sell things in my collection that don't fit my focus or don't excite me anymore. Let's keep that going I hope even the large purchases above are paid for entirely by sales of other stuff.
Well I got my #1 grail the CMYK Style A Test print. There have only been 3 copies that have ever been sold. (the one I got was the 4th sale ever that I'm aware of and it was one that had previously been sold so there are still only 3 copies out there in collector's hands) There is another more common PMS test print that comes up more frequently and lucky for me this CMYK version was listed at a public auction and was probably thought was like a PMS print so it didn't get much attention drawn to it. I have to admit most collectors probably didn't know it even existed or how rare it was and I didn't volunteer any information about it prior to owning one just in case something like this ever came up for sale. This is why I didn't say what very rare test print poster I was after.

2. still no early bird header I've given up hope on that I'm afraid.

3. I had to sell a few things to help pay for the test print poster and will probably sell a few more things in 2020. The posters I have left are super expensive.

Goals for 2020
1. Pare down my collection to fund more rare posters
2. Spend more time with fellow collectors at meet ups and collection group events.

Reaction score
I didn't do much vintage in 2019. I got a landspeeder and a really nice Rebel Transport at a convention. My goal for 2020 is to continue looking for deals on vintage vehicles and playsets I don't have, especially a Darth Vader's Star Destroyer.