Ree-Yees - #28

Ty

Reaction score

I'm a little disappointed. I finally got RY and had planned to repaint my Ask Aak's gun gold like the classic figure. I had it set aside and now.. it has totally vanished! Anyway RY is really great but the head is definitely too small. It's a shame, it is good enough not to totally drive me up the wall insane but if it had just been a little bigger, it would have been *perfect*.

On a quick side note, the eyes on mine are painted on exactly where they should be, looks great!

Reaction score
Very nice pic, Ty! He looks awesome!! Maybe the flash helped, but his noggin looks exceptable in your pic. Seeing him next to Bib and Tessek just makes me wish Hasbro would redo those two as well. I hope the next Palace Denizens they do are an updated Saelte Mara & Tessek and Shasa Tiel. I can still live with Bib, though I'd definitely love a new one.

Hope you find Aak Aak's rifle.

Reaction score
I had a spare POTF2 Ree Yees head and it is definitely too big on this Ree Yees body. Haven't looked into Ask Aaak but honestly, after having it a few days the orginal head doesn't look that bad to me anymore. It also doesn't appear as small to me in person as photos online made it.

Reaction score
My figure just finally arrived from tunghori . Overall a very nice figure.

Reaction score
Found this little butt monkey this morning at Target. Oddly enough, Pinocchio Luke was gone (perhaps he became a real boy and ran away), and this guy was still there.

:wtf:

I can't resist a vintage update. I'll look into the POTF2 head swap later. Looked at the POTF2 version last night, and it's amazing how well the head is painted. Some real nice soft, subtle skin tone changes on that guy. They even painted his teeth individually rather than the simple paint blob seen on this new one.

Pretty darn impressive for a 16 year old figure. Totally holds up today,

Reaction score
Having the figure in hand, the head size doesn't bother me at all. It feels right, and is way more detailed than the POTF2 version. I won't bother with the head swap, because as far as I'm concerned, it'd be a step backward in detail. It's a nice sculpt, sure, but it's far less accurate than the new version.

Reaction score
Pinocchio Luke
So is this the official nickname we decided on for him?
There have been so many thrown out, I didn't know which one had stuck! XD

I'm hoping HTS will stock a few things this year. I'd like to get a couple MI figures as well as this guy and a few other SW items. I detest shopping around, and having to buy each one form separate places.lol

Reaction score
I had a spare POTF2 Ree Yees head and it is definitely too big on this Ree Yees body. Haven't looked into Ask Aaak but honestly, after having it a few days the orginal head doesn't look that bad to me anymore. It also doesn't appear as small to me in person as photos online made it.
Yeah, I was afraid of this. Can't bring myself to pull the POTF2 version's head off. It's actually too nice of a figure.

Reaction score
Ha, ha! Funnily enough, I have two because of that Exclusive set where he comes with a Camera!

Reaction score
One thing I did like more about the PotF2 figure's paint was the fact that his brown jumpsuit had a metallic, shiny, silver sheen. It's an easy fix to do on the new figure, though.I honestly don't think the new figure's head is too small anymore; I think the figure's shoulders are just a tad too wide and his chest and torso a little too thick. Which in-turn, makes his head appear to be too small. This figure has definitely grown on me and I feel way more positive about it than when the TF reveals were made.Hasbro really did a remarkable job on Ree-Yees and I cannot wait to see them do more Palace Denizens!

Reaction score
One thing I did like more about the PotF2 figure's paint was the fact that his brown jumpsuit had a metallic, shiny, silver sheen. It's an easy fix to do on the new figure, though.I honestly don't think the new figure's head is too small anymore; I think the figure's shoulders are just a tad too wide and his chest and torso a little too thick. Which in-turn, makes his head appear to be too small. This figure has definitely grown on me and I feel way more positive about it than when the TF reveals were made.Hasbro really did a remarkable job on Ree-Yees and I cannot wait to see them do more Palace Denizens!

Ty

Reaction score
Hehe.... one more.. I am 'Reeyees-Tessek' after all :grin:

Reunited and it feels so good! B)

I had a bunch of extra Saga Bossks and realized he's also got the right gun. Just a word of advice, the Krylon ultra chrome gold (something like that) is pretty pathetic as a metallic paint, I've had a lot better lol

Reaction score
Ah thought the ask aak and mahonic rifles looked familiar. Reused old Saga Collection vintage style Bossk rifles which are the wrong rifle for bossk to begin with

Reaction score
I came across this interesting site. This guy casts action figure heads, even enlarges heads, and sells them. It costs $25, but then he will sell additional casts for $9.00. He did a fantastic job with enlarging 6" Obi-Wan Kenobi's head to a more accurate size, seen here. Is anyone interested in contacting him to have Ree-Yees head enlarged? If so, please post here on the forum so we can see the change, and possibly buy one for ourselves!

Reaction score
Awesome find Kolar!! I think I might contact him to see if he'll do Ponda, ReeYees and Doallyn. I'm trying to think of past figures that also suffered from pinhead syndrome. Those 3 are the only ones I can recall.

Reaction score
I remember one of the recent Qui-Gon Jinn figures had a small head, on an otherwise great figure. Did the TVC one fix that?

Reaction score
Awesome find Kolar!! I think I might contact him to see if he'll do Ponda, ReeYees and Doallyn. I'm trying to think of past figures that also suffered from pinhead syndrome. Those 3 are the only ones I can recall.
Please do, and report back! I would likely buy a cast of all three of those. I think you should mention to the guy that you believe quite a few people would be interested.

I remember one of the recent Qui-Gon Jinn figures had a small head, on an otherwise great figure. Did the TVC one fix that?
The TVC Qui-Gon had a small head, and the Movie Heroes version had a much better sculpt - but it didn't match the TVC body, if I recall. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Reaction score
Please do, and report back! I would likely buy a cast of all three of those. I think you should mention to the guy that you believe quite a few people would be interested. The TVC Qui-Gon had a small head, and the Movie Heroes version had a much better sculpt - but it didn't match the TVC body, if I recall. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
The MH Qui-Gon head is a much nicer sculpt and matches the VC body perfectly, but the VC neck post didn't match the MH head, so a little work was required to get it to fit. It looks nice though.

Reaction score
You can get the MH head on TVC body with a little force if you just want it to sit there.

Reaction score
Honestly, if people are willing to pay $25 for cast parts to make the figure better. Why would they not be in support of a higher priced figure, that has better quality?
If Hasbro could raise the price point maybe they could continue to bring us the figures we are after.

Reaction score
I think hasbro is feeding us a line on price points. These already cost $10-13 we shouldn't have to customize at that price point. How is it hot wheels have been about a dollar in all my 33 yrs but figures can jump ridiculous prices and they aren't even high quality anymore ?

Reaction score
Don't know if it's still true but when I worked at Target years ago in college we sold our Hot Wheels as loss leaders to incentive more purchases.

Reaction score
This guy and "Jabba Skiff Guard" available for pre-order on HTS.

GNT

Reaction score
Honestly, if people are willing to pay $25 for cast parts to make the figure better. Why would they not be in support of a higher priced figure, that has better quality?
You'd probably find a small percentage of people who would actually pay more for a better quality piece. A lot of people would just complain about paying $15 or so for a small figure.

Reaction score
Hey Brian,

I just lopped the head off the POTF2 Ree Yees and put it on the Black Series body. I think it looks a lot better and the proportions are correct for a "man wearing a mask". The Ree Yees costume head was HUGE.
I'm much happier with the figure now.

Chris

Yeah, I was afraid of this. Can't bring myself to pull the POTF2 version's head off. It's actually too nice of a figure.

Reaction score
See, I'd prefer to just keep the Black series head. I guess I prefer the sculpt, regardless of its size

Reaction score
Looks okay, but the BS Ree Yees head is definitely way more detailed and accurately sculpted, and barring the size, looks better. The only thing better about the PotF2 head is that it is the correct size. The PotF2 head just looks a little "off".

Reaction score
I'm tending to agree with yous guys now actually, while undersized the new head is better suited. The POTF2 figure is still cool though.

It's a shame, because they could've done it right this time.

Reaction score
ReeYees is definitely an awesome figure. Just like Ponda though, what would have been a perfect 10 was slightly lessened by the undersized head. I will say Ponda was more severly pin-headed than ReeYees or Starsher. But all three are easily 9 out of 10s.

And Idon't want people on here thinking I hate this figure. I love it and think it is an excellent addition to our collections. Just wish Hasbro would have paid closer attention to that detail.