Red R2 Unit Scandel!!

G

I cant believe that some one would steal the red r2 unit from the royal ship package! I was at TRU and everyone was cut and taken out! WTF why would they have to stoop so low! Even if they got them for trade, that is still wrong! Just buy the whole thing! Thats bad when womeone has to stoop to that level! Get a life dumbazz!

Reaction score
I agree with you that it sucks - the same problems were at the local TRUs when the Royal Starship first came out, and just the red R2 itself was fetching $30+ on Ebay.

------------------
"A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man"

"Darth" Matt Carroll
BHC Reporter & Forum Moderator (POTF2, Classifieds, Trading, and Wuher's Cantina)
darthmatt@collectstarwars.com

Reaction score
Since this thread is an Ep 1 toy and not a POTF2 toy, I'm going to move it to the Ep 1 section.

I also saw one the first day my TRU got these that had an R5-D4 in place of the R2-R9.

------------------
"At last, we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last, we will have tutti-fruity."

BHC Moderator of POTF2, Galoob, Films, Ep 1, Lego, Classifieds
SSG Micro Machines and Lego Editor

Reaction score
Also, it's impossible to expect the employees to notice such a blatant theft. They sell 'em, they don't collect 'em. I just wish I could catch someone doing this, so I can turn them in!

------------------
[o] <o> [o]
"Stay in attack formation!"

G

Yea dude that sucks.. my local TRU in La Mirada, CA has all the red r2s gone too.. somepeople just ruin what should be a fun hobby!

G

Anyone want to buy a cheap Red R2?...

I'm still surprised that Hasbro didn't change the window packaging right away, since this was a well reported problem pretty much EVERYWHERE. I've seen more Starships without R2's than with.

G

$1.298 No more, no less. I just posted that for a giggle, IG-22, I don't really have one to offer.

[This message has been edited by 3rdalien (edited 01-30-2001).]

Reaction score
Well maybe this guy wanted the R2 and not the ship, so he is selling the ship.

G

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lordstimpy:
Well maybe this guy wanted the R2 and not the ship, so he is selling the ship. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why would anybody buy this w/o the R2?
Part of the ship is the R2 unit. Just wait the R2 will show up on auction!

Reaction score
The whole thing is pretty lame/weak. You bet if they had a bubble similar to the carded figures, this probably wouldn't be a problem. I've seen exactly what you're talking about, and I examined that box. The celophane on that window is barely more durable then the Saran-wrap I seal my Pastrami in.
Pretty g@y.

[This message has been edited by sithblade316 (edited 02-02-2001).]

Reaction score
IG89 said:
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lordstimpy:<BR><B>Well maybe this guy wanted the R2 and not the ship, so he is selling the ship. </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Why would anybody buy this w/o the R2?<BR>Part of the ship is the R2 unit. Just wait the R2 will show up on auction!
is this some kind of a old school quote or something

Reaction score
_Darth_Maul_ said:
No, didn't you get the memo? This is the newest quote template we are getting soon.

Reaction score
_Darth_Maul_ said:
Trooper_1138 said:
_Darth_Maul_ said:
No, didn't you get the memo? This is the newest quote template we are getting soon.
What?
I should have put a smiley on the end. Yes, its an old quote thing from way back when.

Reaction score
This jerk in Tampa use to bragg about how many of these he stole from TRU. Then he'd sell them for $30 a piece.

Reaction score
What strikes me as funny about this ancient thread is that the R2 in question is stil a hot collectable and is still very much a relevant item on the scalper radar. It helped that it was re-released in the tin last year, unfortunatly the tin cost just as much as one of these droids go for on the secondary market, and not one person, not one, really wanted any of teh other figures that that tin came with. It was all about the red droid. Thanks Hasbro for charging us $27 dollars for a droind we didn't want to pay $30 for, for the last 8 years

Reaction score
Repaint or not, I think the point TerdVader was trying to make across was that it was more about the fact of having to pay $30 to own either version of this droid. I know I bought the tin just for the updated version of it.

Luckily I own both now...Sadly I don't own any loose versions of either.

Reaction score
I was talking about the character, not the specific mold used to create him.

Reaction score
big_bad_bantha said:
It's not like this droid was special or anything.
It *is* special, because the red astromech is the *only* one of its kind !

Okay, it has been re-released via the tin box - but that is rare as hell !

At least in Europe. Non-US always has it more difficult to find things.

Yak

Reaction score
The Star Ship R2 is still, after all these years my favourite R2 sculpt... I don't think it was ever re-used??? Correct me if I'm wrong ..

Reaction score
The Star Ship R2 is still, after all these years my favourite R2 sculpt... I don't think it was ever re-used??? Correct me if I'm wrong ..
I loved this droid as a kid. I've looked at it recently and I don't think it was a sculpt that was reused. I'll have to pull him out of the droid slot of the speeder inside the Naboo Cruiser next time I'm at my parents house.