Red Dead Redemption

Reaction score
Currently the DLC is a tad glitchy, sometimes you get caught in the loading screen forever, or an objective doesn't trigger, and with one mission you fail the second it starts. From the missions I have been able to play, they are pretty fun, they have nice set ups and set pieces.

Reaction score
The full list:

The upcoming downloadable content includes:

Legends and Killers Pack (Releasing beginning of August 2010)
New active map locations, characters and more:

* 9 New Multiplayer map locations — more than doubling the amount of territories in the Multiplayer Competitive modes
* 8 New Multiplayer characters— play as characters from Red Dead Revolver
* Introducing a new projectile weapon: the Tomahawk, with corresponding Challenges for single player and multiplayer
* New Achievements/Trophies
* Pricing: $9.99 (PlayStation Network), 800 Microsoft Points (Xbox LIVE)

Liars and Cheats Pack
New Competitive Modes, Multiplayer Mini-games in Free Roam, and more:

* ‘Attack and Defend’ Multiplayer Competitive Mode and Challenges
* New Multiplayer Horse Races complete with mounted combat
* Play as the heroes and villains of Red Dead Redemption as well as 8 additional multiplayer characters
* Multiplayer versions of Liars Dice and Poker from the single-player game
* Introducing a new weapon: the Explosive Rifle, with associated Challenges available in single-player and multiplayer
* New Achievements/Trophies
* Release date TBC

Free Roam Pack
Delve deeper into the world of Red Dead Redemption with new Modes, Challenges and Gang Hideouts to discover:

* Additional Free Roam Challenges
* New action areas and defensive placements
* Posse Scoring / Posse Leaderboards
* New ‘anti-griefing’ measures in Free Roam
* Release date and pricing TBC

Undead Nightmare Pack
Ghost towns and cemeteries come alive in a West gone horribly wrong:

* Brand new single player adventure, Challenges and quests
* 8 New Multiplayer Zombie characters
* Additional animals unleashed in the world
* New Dynamic events
* More details to follow...
* Release date TBC

Rod

Reaction score
Gamestop had a deal for one hour only for PS3 and 360 versions for $23.99

Didn't last that long though.

Reaction score
I just bought this game last week and I love it. I'd consider myself a casual gamer, mostly playing on the weekends. It's real easy to play and a lot of fun. I'd recommend this game to anyone.

Reaction score
Anyone pretty excited about the DLC thats coming out in Aug.I know I am pretty excited about it.

Reaction score
If anyone is playing it for their first time, I almost envy you.
That first playthrough is something special. Word of advice....when you get into Mexico and the music starts, stay on your horse....don't get off to scrounge for ammo, the music will stop if you do. And thats one of the most memorable parts of the game...just riding the countryside with that song playing.

Love that Undead Nightmare is also backwards compatable, I had as much fun with that as I did with the main game. Its pretty much the only zombie game I'll play.

Reaction score
This is such a great game! It's one of those rare games that just never gets old. One of the few games that I have actually played all the way through and completed all the challenges and still break out occasionally just because it's so well done. Heck, I even enjoy watching other people play it. Would absolutely love for them to do a sequel.

Reaction score
*throws money at screen*

​Where can I pre-order!!!!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
That is Awesome news! However, I really need to finish the first one though. lol
There's just so much to do in that game. Plus i had thought about doing backward compatibility so I could play on Xbone.

Reaction score
What's the point? The point is we are finally getting RDR2! Any other points are in-valid ;)

Trailer drops today BTW...can't wait! The only thing that sucks about them making this game is that my whole family is going to be fighting over who gets to play. Even my wife, who doesn't play games, was addicted to RDR.

Reaction score
One of my favorite games on the PS3. Really looking forward to the sequel/prequel. Hopefully they work on Bully 2 after this.

Reaction score
Looks good, and glad it's not about the same character again. I also hope they kept the game play all the same, and not tried to "improve" anything. Similar to "other" games and their mistakes. Looks lie it's still outlaw based. Which is fine, but feels weird when they want you to do good deeds. lol
This game feels like it needs alternated play through styles, or a spin-of game where you're a Texas Ranger tasked to bring peace to the region.
Maybe even DLC options. It will be great to play this with updated graphics, though I thought the first game had beautiful scenery!

And once again, games like this make me miss the fact we don' have any Star Wars Games built on such an engine!

Reaction score
this game looks so good, played the first one, I hope they keep the same type of game play and then some!

Reaction score
Man, I simply cannot wait for this game! Absolutely loved the first one. My only problem with the new one is that my whole family, including my wife (who doesn't play games) will be fighting over the X-Box in order to play it.

Reaction score
Bumping this for those that have it already.

I'll probably wait for Black Friday to pick this up. It's been getting great reviews!

Reaction score
Couldn't play all weekend due to work, but I did reach Chapter 2 last night. Had to re-remember how to play this game. lol
I kind of went through the first chapter without exploring, forgot you could just wander off and stuck to the mission. So I'm sure I missed a lot of stuff there.

So far it is good, but did feel slightly sluggish for a supposed new game. Almost like they just reused the old engine and released it for 360 as an updated game for Xbox One. The graphics are definitely better though.

Reaction score
What’s tripping me up is the left thumb stick. I need to take crouch off that thumb stick if I can....

Reaction score
Yeah, I think it used to be tougher to engage people in a fight in the first game. Unless done on purpose of course. It also seems too easy to injure or insult people in this one, I barely walk by someone in a crowd and they're like "hey watch where you're going". etc.
One time I barely bumped someone and all of a sudden the Law was after me.

In other news. Has anyone came across a brother and sister in a cabin in he boonies, who might possibly be cannibals? I stopped there because he was the first polite landowner I came across, but once I got closer I got a weird feeling. But I went in and had Dinner with them just to see where it went. After one bite and a drink, I left. Just felt too weird, and was worried what they might do if I passed out drunk. Curiosity and the cat and all. lol

Reaction score
So,
it's a very well done game. The open world is beautiful, and there are a ton of things going on.
But, it just isn't gripping me like the first game. I guess I just don't care much for the characters or the story.
In the first game, I loved John and Bonnie right from the beginning. Even Marshal Johnson was likeable, and Nigel West ****ens, Irish and Seth were hilarious. But there hasn't been anyone I've liked so far in the new one. I don't even really care much for Arthur.
And the story....I'm not really liking what little story there is. It's just been missions to upgrade the camp, and then we move and we start over again.
I could live with all of the other complaints I've been hearing about, if the story was better. Even the ridiculous Wanted system.
I'm disappointed so far. I loved the first game, its one of my all time favorites, and I wanted to love this one too, but I'm finding myself only playing one or two missions at a time and then turning it off.

Reaction score
Yeah, I think it used to be tougher to engage people in a fight in the first game. Unless done on purpose of course. It also seems too easy to injure or insult people in this one, I barely walk by someone in a crowd and they're like "hey watch where you're going". etc.
One time I barely bumped someone and all of a sudden the Law was after me.

In other news. Has anyone came across a brother and sister in a cabin in he boonies, who might possibly be cannibals? I stopped there because he was the first polite landowner I came across, but once I got closer I got a weird feeling. But I went in and had Dinner with them just to see where it went. After one bite and a drink, I left. Just felt too weird, and was worried what they might do if I passed out drunk. Curiosity and the cat and all. lol
Yeah, I ran into them! You made a good choice LOL! I stayed...actually, if you take to long to decide you don't have any choice to leave. It's one of the more "disturbing" things in the game to say the least.

Reaction score
I was hoping for this game to be on sale this Black Friday, but I guess it's too new.

Reaction score
I haven't run across them yet, but I did have the misfortune of running across the guy in the boonies who invites you in, knocks you out and...uh...assaults you. SUPER disturbing. I went back and murdered the everloving hell out of him.