Red Dead Redemption

Reaction score
Am I missing something here? I'm surprised that no topic exist on this.....or one I could find anyway. Maybe I'm just in the minority but regardless I'm pumped this is finally seeing the light of day after all the delays.

Anyone else?

Rod

Reaction score
I had heard of the game but not heard anything about it.....saw some videos the other day. It looks incredible! A must have for me.

Reaction score
oh and I was just about to make this thread too.

anyway the thing that really gets me pumped for this gives is all the extra adventures you can play. Like playing Poker, go Hunting, Rob banks (i think), sitting next to a campfire and listen to stories. Also with multiplayer you can make your own Posse (UP TO 16 PEOPLE!) and go through the entire Campaign just doing stuff.

I am totally going to reenact scenes from Tombstone with the Multiplayer.
(gunfight at the OK Coral anyone)

Reaction score
I've been waiting for this for a long time. I was a big fan of Red Dead Revolver (hence my username). I was hoping the Untitled Western Shooter trailer back in 2005 would be the sequel, then I didn't hear anything about it, and was very excited when Redemption was announced. I have my preorder waiting.

Reaction score
My friends and I are eagerly awaiting RDR too! Will be fun to posse up online and wreak havoc across the land. If anything RDR will break my hopeless addiction to FFXIII, heh.

Reaction score
WOW!! A 9.7 from IGN. This was TOTALLY off my radar until I read the reviews and saw the gameplay reviews. So I'll be picking this up along with Alan WAke tonight!!

Reaction score
ordered my amazon, got a 20 dollar gift card & weapons pack. best deal for this game for sure.

Reaction score
Only about six hours in right now, but really enjoying it. Quite a few gameplay flaws, but I'm slowly compensating. Wish I was home playing it right now!

Reaction score
I'm in for about 14 hours gameplay time at this point and I've only done a handful of main storyline missions. It's very easy to get distracted with all the stuff to do. This game rules, I'll end up putting hundreds of hours into it.

Reaction score
Can anyone help? I got this game from gamestop, and got the code for the deadly assassin aoutfit. The code would not go in for 2 days, and finally it was accepted. I completed 3 of the 5, But now the last 2 items to get scraps( bounty mission and american appitite side mission) I completed before the code was put in, and i dont know how to get the pieces....I cant find anything online yet either... Thankls for any help

Reaction score
Finished the story today. I kind of figured it would end that way, but very good game none the less. Entering Mexico and returning home were the highlights. I got around to using my voucher for the sountrack download, and it is excellent.

Reaction score
Great graphics and game play

My horse and I were attacked by a mountain lion in a rocky area.

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what to do with the American appitites side mission? I see the purple question mark by Hanging Rock but as soon as I see the guy it says mission failed. What am I supposed to do?
Other than this the game is a blast!!!

Reaction score
CorvetteEB said:
Great graphics and game play

My horse and I were attacked by a mountain lion in a rocky area.
join the club
. BTW does anyone know how I can get into Tall Trees, I'm trying to beat the Survivalist challenge.

Reaction score
DarthAndosMan said:
BTW does anyone know how I can get into Tall Trees, I'm trying to beat the Survivalist challenge.
You have to unlock the third area, which Tall Trees is in by progressing through the story, you have to beat Mexico.

Reaction score
inferior10 said:
Can anyone tell me what to do with the American appitites side mission? I see the purple question mark by Hanging Rock but as soon as I see the guy it says mission failed. What am I supposed to do?
try the mission again, other than that perhaps it's a Glitch

Reaction score
DarthAndosMan said:
inferior10 said:
I've tried it a few times but I'll give it another shot, am I supposed to kill the guy or capture him or what?

Reaction score
inferior10 said:
DarthAndosMan said:
inferior10 said:
I've tried it a few times but I'll give it another shot, am I supposed to kill the guy or capture him or what?
American Appetites side mission has three parts. In the first two parts you just have to search to the bloodstained areas for clues then return back to the sheriff.
In the third part walk toward the hobbling man to trigger a cut scene, he has been attacked so you must go after the assailant and use your lasso and hogtie him, return him to the wounded guy. At this point you have 2 choices. kill the cannibal and save the guy you hogtied for +50 fame & +100 honor. Killing him does nothing, but loot his body. Hope that helps.

On a side note, I attained the 100% game completion today. Hunting the rare animals was one of my favorite parts.

Reaction score
From G4:

Red Dead Redemption Title Update Expected To Release Next Week

Posted 5 hours 39 mins ago - By Jake Gaskill

There’s no doubt that Rockstar Games did a stunning job with Red Dead Redemption but as most players have either heard about or seen for themselves, quite a few bugs have been popping up for a lot of gamers (I’ve still only come across one in almost 60 hours of play). Well, Rockstar has heard your outrage/baffled laughter, and a title update is on the way.

The update is said to address multiplayer connectivity issues that a number of players have been facing, as well as fix the glitch that is preventing some from being able to snag the Mo Van Barr bounty. It isn't clear if the update will also put down such abominations as the Donkey Woman, Cougar Man and those bird people, but for all of our sakes, and for the sakes of those unholy creations, let's hope it does.

Microsoft and Sony obviously have to approve the update before it is released, but Rockstar expects that to happen before the end of next week. This will be the second patch released for the game since its release two weeks back. The first patch addressed a system link issue.

Rockstar also announced today that it will be releasing two preorder bonus outfits, which were previously offered by GameStop as part of a preorder bonus contest, for free later this summer. The Savvy Merchant outfit gives you 50 percent off gun purchases (which does nothing for people who have already finished the game), while the Expert Hunter look nets you twice as much cash for collected hides. The gameplay boosts are kind of lame, but the outfits themselves are pretty rad. Plus I finally get to wear my raccoon skin cap! (In the game of course…)

Reaction score
From G4:

Red Dead Redemption Outlaws to the End Co-Op DLC Dated

Posted 34 minutes ago - By Jake Gaskill

If you’re tired of roaming the dusty (and bloody) trails of Red Dead Redemption wondering to yourself, “Partner, when is that co-op DLC going to peek its perty little head up beyond them yonder hills?,” then you’ll be pleased to know that Rockstar Games just announced that the free Outlaws to the End co-op mission pack will be available June 22.

The pack includes six missions, each of which can be played with two-to-four players. Rockstar has only revealed info on three of the missions so far, and here’s a quick refresher in case you forgot:

“Walton’s Gold” - Walton’s Gang have taken control of a mining camp rich with gold. Fight through the camp and load your mine cart with as much gold as you can carry and get out as fast as you can – Walton’s boys have rigged the place to blow!
“The River” - Ride a raft down river, taking out rebel encampments along the way until you reach the rebel stronghold of Nosalida and a final epic battle for the town’s massive weapons caches. Watch out for Gatling gun-equipped enemy rafts.
“Ammunition” - The Mexican Army has the town of Tesoro Azul under siege. Storm the gates under heavy cannon, Gatling gun and sniper fire to destroy the Mexican artillery placements.
In addition to the straight up missions, the DLC will include new co-op challenges, bonus multiplayer XP rewards and new achievements/trophies. More details on the remaining missions, as well as future multiplayer DLC, are expected to mosey our way shortly.

Rockstar also announced today that it plans to roll out a new title update for the game later next week, which should address a number of multiplayer issues, and hopefully get the game in tip-top shape for the co-op DLC. In the meantime, check out our photo gallery to see more [censored] western cooperatin'.

Reaction score
Well, I beat RDR last night. Very bittersweet. Loved the ending, but sad it's over. Even with all it's flaws and glitches, this is my game of the year. Few video games can pack an emotional punch like this one did.

Reaction score
From G4:

Red Dead Redemption Sells 5 Million, Now An "Important New Franchise"

Posted 26 minutes ago - By Patrick Klepek

Take-Two Interactive and Rockstar Games haven't announced a sequel to Red Dead Redemption, but it's a bet worth taking. Take-Two's announced the game has sold more than five million copies worldwide since its mid-May launch and is now an "important new franchise" for Take-Two.

You'll have more Red Dead Redemption to look forward to, as well, with a co-op downloadable pack coming later this month and more multiplayer add-ons scheduled for sometime this "fall," the company announced during its second quarter financial results call with analysts this afternoon.

Reaction score
Just beat the game today. The ending was kind of unexpected but still cool. Now I need to work on the remaining achievements!

Reaction score
From G4:

New Red Dead Redemption Co-Op Mission Detailed

Posted 5 hours 23 mins ago - By Jake Gaskill

Rockstar Games have revealed details and some screens for the fourth mission that will soon be available as part of the free six-mission Outlaws to the End Co-Op Mission Pack for Red Dead Redemption coming June 22.

Playing off the always popular theme of rescuing a damsel in distress, “The Kidnapped Girl” will task you and your three posse-mates with blasting your way into the gang-controlled Fort Mercer, saving a farmer’s kidnapped daughter, and fighting off pursuing bandits as you flee with the girl to Ridgewood Farm by stagecoach. Sound thrilling enough for you? Sheesh.

Rockstar previously revealed what will be required of you and your gun slinging pals in the “Walton’s Gold,” “The River,” and “Ammunition” missions, and when you throw in the “Kidnapped Girl,” you can already see there will be plenty of variety to the missions, which is much appreciated. And there are still two missions that we know nothing about, but hopefully that will change soon.

Reaction score
i love piling into the horse drawn carriage and them plummeting off the cliff into the river.

Reaction score
From G4:

Red Dead Redemption Free Co-Op DLC Available Today

Posted 5 hours 46 mins ago - By Jake Gaskill

Red Dead Redemption Outlaws to the End Co-Op Mission Pack:

http://g4tv.com/videos/46900/Red-Dead-Redemption-Outlaws-to-the-End-Co-Op-Mission-Pack/

Saddle up, little doggies. Rockstar Games’ wildly popular wild west epic Red Dead Redemption has received its first batch of co-op downloadable content in the form of the Outlaws to the End mission pack.

The DLC includes six missions, new achievements/trophies and supports up to four players. The pack will be moseying onto PlayStation Network and Xbox Live today for the low, low price of $0.00.

Anyone played the new DLC yet? Impressions?