Recently Watched Movies

Reaction score
Over the past few days
X
Die Hard
Mallrats
GOTG: Holiday Special
A Christmas Story: Christmas (Not bad. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. It was interesting to see a continuation of the original movie and where everyone is in there life. However, watching it once is enough for me. I won't be watching it every year like A Christmas Story)

Reaction score
Is it any good compared to the original?
I really like both. It's more like a sequel than a remake IMHO, but it has a lot of fun 'similar but different' scenes and events.
I prefer the original myself. didn't really care for the 2013 remake.
I hear that. Each of the franchise entries plays with the horror/humor combination to different degrees. This one is the most grounded and horror focused of the bunch, which I enjoyed. By the same token, the only entry I personally don't like is Army of Darkness as it veers too far into the slapstick humor side of things... which I'm not a fan of. (I always say all of the best Evil Dead actually has "Evil Dead" somewhere in the title lol.)

Reaction score
Watched the second episode of Willow last night. I enjoyed it, I do wish they'd dropped a few more episodes, it has yet to have that real 'Willow' feel to me, but I doubt they want to make member-berry juice all over the screen too quick; as much as a sucker for fan service as I am.

Some of the editing in the second half of the first episode felt a little disjointed, like they were trying to get it to under 60 minutes.

Cast is hitting on all cylinders though, they seem pretty talented, I'm not too much of a fan of Dove's performance, yet. Boorman is great, as a tall drink of water myself, I appreciate the vertically gifted being represented on screen. ;)

I was concerned from the trailers that it would be too 'marvel/modern jokey' but the humor peppers in pretty well. I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.

Reaction score
If we're also talking trailers, I've been looking forward to this insanity ever since it was announced:
Based on a true story... here's the stuffed bear on display at a mall in Lexington, KY:
Cocaine Bear Stuffed.png

Also this dropped:
Looks decent and Beast Wars is my favorite TF. But I've been burned by these films far too many times to get excited. I'll give it a chance and see where it falls on the scale of bumblebee good to Dark of the Moon abysmal.

Reaction score
surprisingly the 3 dropped movie trailers today all look pretty good. based on what I saw today, transformers, gotg 3, & indy would be the order I would see these movies if they all came out at the same time. I know, sometimes the trailers end up being better then the movie itself.

Reaction score
If we're also talking trailers, I've been looking forward to this insanity ever since it was announced:
Based on a true story... here's the stuffed bear on display at a mall in Lexington, KY:
View attachment 444226

Also this dropped:
Looks decent and Beast Wars is my favorite TF. But I've been burned by these films far too many times to get excited. I'll give it a chance and see where it falls on the scale of bumblebee good to Dark of the Moon abysmal.
Oh my but Cocaine Bear looks, effing promising!! 🙃😁

Reaction score
Watched the first episode and thought it was written by a ninth grader. Didn’t watch the second.
Yeah, it's like they got WB writers or something to create it. Lame. The modern vernacular they were using in the dialogue took me right out of it from the very beginning. It was all downhill from there. I literally didn't even make it halfway through the 1st episode. Oh well.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah, it's like they got WB writers or something to create it. Lame. The modern vernacular they were using in the dialogue took me right out of it from the very beginning. It was all downhill from there. I literally didn't even make it halfway through the 1st episode. Oh well.
Lol Willow on the CW

Reaction score
A Christmas Story Christmas- It was ok. The end was good, the rest was just kind of one of those "everything goes wrong, whooooaa!" Christmas movies. It was worth watching, but I doubt its going to find its way into annual Christmas rotation like the first one.

Reaction score
Got my new 4k TV this past weekend, so I watched
Pacific Rim
Infinity War
Endgame

Reaction score
Oh I've been watching a few Leslie Nielsen interviews this past weekend and was really wanting to watch those, but the only one available to me was Wrongfully Accused, which isn't nearly as funny.
On a side note, and in hindsight I think I would have preferred Nielson as the Pink Panther over Steve Martin. Though I guess since he'd already had quite a few similar themed movies that maybe it would have seemed too alike. While Martin hadn't really done anything like that.

Probably never outdo Perter Sellers anyway no matter who they got. Only bringing it up because they've been having a bit of a Pink Panther marathon this past week.