Recently Watched Movies

Reaction score
I agree, I'm definitely a movie person and I haven't seen quite a few titles deemed classics. Like Top Gun, Braveheart and that Tim Robbins prison movie.
It's an easy thing to happen considering the sheer amount of movies that come out in a year, in general only the tentpole type movies are talked about or seen my the masses. There are a lot of lesser known and foreign stuff that I watch that supersedes a lot of the movie that Hollywood puts out thus it could mean that I won't get to a certain Movie for a few years, heck I've had movies in my Netflix for over five and still haven't watched.

Simply because with every passing year 100's to 1000's of new ones come out all over the World. Unless you have all day to just watch movies there's no hope of getting through all of them in a timely manner.

Reaction score
It's all good. I haven't seen Top Gun it it's entirety yet. It's kind of hard to see all of the movies when there is 50,000+.
One time I went through release titles by year on wiki to see how many movies I'd seen. I forget the exact number, but it was just in to four digits. That... that actually got kind of depressing to think about. lol. That wasn't even counting tv shows or straight to video/dvd releases.

Reaction score
Here is a game, imagine you are going to Mars very soon. what movies would you want to watch on the way since it takes so long to get there, how many of them? Would you take enough to watch a whole new set on the way back or watch reruns? imagine this was not a one way trip too. no Millenium Falcons, Enterprises or Star Fleet vehicles, just old fashion present day space craft that will be used!

Reaction score
I might just start at the beginning of the oldest 1900s stuff and then just go forward chronologically!

Reaction score
Something I've been thinking about...

Even if it was feasible from a time stand point to watch every movie ever made, it would be impossible at this point. There are quite a few films that have yet to make it to DVD/Blu-ray/4K Blu-ray, but more importantly there are thousands of films that have been lost/destroyed and are unlikely to ever be made available in any format.

Reaction score
It’s so true. I just try to appreciate whatever I happen to be seeing in moment.

Reaction score
Over the Top
Dolls (1986)- A buddy of mine had it, and I didn't even realize what it was until the other day, and he'd never watched it before. I'm a huge Puppet Master fan (well... 1-5; if you can believe it, Puppet Master's 6-14 are not amazing cinematic achievements, lol), and have always wanted to see this.

Reaction score
Over the Top
Dolls (1986)- A buddy of mine had it, and I didn't even realize what it was until the other day, and he'd never watched it before. I'm a huge Puppet Master fan (well... 1-5; if you can believe it, Puppet Master's 6-14 are not amazing cinematic achievements, lol), and have always wanted to see this.

*turns baseball hat around*

Reaction score
Don't feel bad. While there are tons of movies made most of them are crap anyway. You're not missing much.
After watching "The Devonsville Terror" I soon realized I do not need to nor want to watch every movie ever made....lol

Reaction score
Many Saints of Newark- To quote Hesh from the Sopranos "There's good and there's not good, and this is not good..."
Like, it wasn't awful. The cast was excellent, outstanding even. It was just kind of...dull. Not boring, but dull. I didn't get much out of it and it certainly didn't have that Sopranos feel to it. It had its moments for sure, but I didn't feel it really brought anything to the table story wise. Sucks because I was really looking forward to it.

Reaction score
On TV, saw that new show, La Brea, Ugh! it was not written or made very well! I don't see it(maybe) finishing it's first season. too bad, I thought it was going to be good.

Reaction score
Many Saints of Newark- To quote Hesh from the Sopranos "There's good and there's not good, and this is not good..."
Like, it wasn't awful. The cast was excellent, outstanding even. It was just kind of...dull. Not boring, but dull. I didn't get much out of it and it certainly didn't have that Sopranos feel to it. It had its moments for sure, but I didn't feel it really brought anything to the table story wise. Sucks because I was really looking forward to it.
I watched this last night and my first reaction was enjoyment and maybe because of seeing these characters again. The young versions of old characters were great, the humor was there but on the whole it felt so underdeveloped or like it was planned as a new show or miniseries and they just condensed it into a two hour movie.
Teenage Tony was barely in it and the relationship with Uncle Dicky, that was always talked about, was an afterthought. Bernthal was wasted as John. Fermiga and Stoll were great as Livia and Junior but there was too much going on for any focus to be on them. It seemed like they wanted a lot of the focus to be on Dicky, which wasn't bad, but again, there was just too much going on.
It wasn't a bad movie and did get some enjoyment out of it but someone said it was ultimately unnecessary like El Camino (Breaking Bad) and now thats how I am kind of viewing it.

Reaction score
I watched this last night and my first reaction was enjoyment and maybe because of seeing these characters again. The young versions of old characters were great, the humor was there but on the whole it felt so underdeveloped or like it was planned as a new show or miniseries and they just condensed it into a two hour movie.
Teenage Tony was barely in it and the relationship with Uncle Dicky, that was always talked about, was an afterthought. Bernthal was wasted as John. Fermiga and Stoll were great as Livia and Junior but there was too much going on for any focus to be on them. It seemed like they wanted a lot of the focus to be on Dicky, which wasn't bad, but again, there was just too much going on.
It wasn't a bad movie and did get some enjoyment out of it but someone said it was ultimately unnecessary like El Camino (Breaking Bad) and now thats how I am kind of viewing it.
I call it the ultimate in false advertising. My wife never watched the Sopranos, and was concerned she wouldn't get anything out of it. I explained it was a prequel, and she said if she liked it, she would watch the Sopranos. Needless to say we will not be watching it. A movie that was kind of marketed as "see how it all began for Tony" became a piss poor made for TV mob movie with Tony and Janice as very minor if not background characters. So much wasted potential. Like you said it feels like an abridged version of what could have been a prequel series, and they did not have time to get to everything. Such a disappointment.

Reaction score
Many Saints of Newark. As someone who started watching this show when he was 14 and loved it I was terribly let down. Like others have said Tony was barely in it. We honestly had enough flashbacks of him when was a kid in the series. I don't think that needed to be the starting point. We should have gotten the time period where he has already in his early 20's. Like have seen him knocking over the card game with Jackie and all of them. How he "made his bones" and all of that. Maybe they'll make another and cover all that. If it was a planned thing and I knew for a fact more were being made I'd be ok with this but the possibility that this might be the only extra Sopranos we ever get is disappointing. Because I personally didn't want to see this specific time frame take up the whole slot. Only positives I'll give it credit for is Vera Farmigas portrayal(I love that women though lol). When she said "Oh poor you" it almost gives you chills how well she emulated that character. Also the twist ending with something we knew would happen but didn't know who was in fact responsible. That and Josepinas meatballs. Lol That's all.

Reaction score
Dr. Strange-again, but I think the mystery of the next Spiderman movies is revealed in Dr. Strange early on. I was trying to pay close attention for this clue about the multiverse.

Reaction score
Whilst outlooking for Stormtroopers Sunday, found the Indiana Jones 4k box set on clearence because it was an online only item. Watched Raiders, and have to say the upgrade was well worth it.

Reaction score
I was a little sceptical about it, and really wanted to skip it, but with the release of the final Season 1 Episode today, I gave in and just finished binge-ing through Marvel's WHAT IF..?, and man, I loved it, the overall package.
A few episodes were pretty strange or weird, and I just thought "well.. ok", but hooking all together with the final one, really changed my POV and I actualy think, it was a awesome ride. Makes me wonder, if this even gets connected to upcoming movies as we already know, at least DS2 and SM3 will work with the multiverse.

Reaction score
Saw Free Guy yesterday, too. Great movie, kind of Matrix meets GTA the funny way 🤪🤪
Loved the final fight between "Blueshirt" and Big Blueshirt. I really got goosepumps when he pulled out the Cap's shield with the Avenger theme playing followed by a Lightsaber with the Star Wars theme 😊👍🏻👍🏻, and the Half-Life Gravity Gun and the Portal gun.
I was a little disapointed as I really expected the ultimate easter egg, by pulling out either a Green Lantern or Deadpool skin 🤪🤪🤪

Last edited:
Reaction score
Saw Free Guy yesterday, too. Great movie, kind of Matrix meets GTA the funny way 🤪🤪
Loved the final fight between "Blueshirt" and Big Blueshirt. I really got goosepumps when he pulled out the Cap's shield with the Avenger theme playing followed by a Lightsaber with the Star Wars theme 😊👍🏻👍🏻.
I was a little disapointed as I really expected the ultimate easter egg, by pulling out either a Green Lantern or Deadpool skin 🤪🤪🤪
true, that would have made more sense given his background. But the since the parent company is Disney they likely went with what they had freedom of license to use.

Reaction score
Sounds sad about Venom- Let there be carnage, Saw La Brea last night, just to see if there were any improvements, too many "people" stories in it, animals still look badly made, next week a giant sloth "attacks" the camp. sloths are vegatarians, sort of slow moving(even though these were huge)Why is the sloth attacking the people? maybe the scent of junk food, rabies! ugh.