Recently Watched Movies

Reaction score
Got through all 3 seasons of Ozark.

Thumbs WAY UP. Stellar series. And now, the agonizing wait for inevitable Season 4.

Reaction score
Last night was Bad Boys 2. I think you can guess what's tonight.

Also polished off another run through of The Mandalorian. God I love that show.

Reaction score
watched Call of the wild. There's an Indy line in there :) If not for Ford the movie would be Subpar. he lifts the movie, I'd say worth a watch but not a purchase for me.

Reaction score
Westworld Season 3 last week, and now essentially caught up on things. I'm looking for a new series to watch - something light that I don't have to pay alot of attention to if work gets busy. Any ideas? I have Netflix, Prime, and Disney+.

Reaction score
Dr. Otto and the Riddle of the Gloom Beam (1986). Man, what a disappointment. I love Ernest Saves Christmas and Ernest Scared Stupid. But this movie is terrible. SPOILERS:

Ernest is in the last 90 seconds of the movie. It should have been Ernest versus Dr Otto. That would have been great. The "hero" they got for this movie had all the appeal of a wet sandwich. Maybe he's an okay actor, but the script makes him the worst hero imaginable. I loved the wacky 80s-ness of the movie, but the structure was a mess. Even my kids were turned off by this film.

Reaction score
Bad Boys For Life- It was ok, on par with the other two. Lawrence definitely feels like he's just there for the check.

Reaction score
Death Machines (1976). This movie alternates between hilariously bad, surprisingly competent, and baffling misguided.

Reaction score
Crimson Tide- This is one of those movies I wanted to see, and I've been meaning to see, for... y'know... the last 25 years. I've been busy.

It was good. It doesn't beat Hunt for Red October in my book, but it was good.

Reaction score
Crimson Tide- This is one of those movies I wanted to see, and I've been meaning to see, for... y'know... the last 25 years. I've been busy.

It was good. It doesn't beat Hunt for Red October in my book, but it was good.
I'm kind of in the same boat. I like Red October, but haven't seen Crimson Tide yet.

Watched Star Trek (2009). Holds up pretty well actually.

Reaction score
Working Girl- It was good, probably wouldn't watch it again but entertaining. And I really have a soft spot for 80s movies that take place in offices. I don't know why, I think its because everything is so distinctly... 80s, in them.

Reaction score
I watched the Rankin Bass animated "Return of the King" The songs are so etched in my brain that I watch it at least yearly. In many ways I like it better than the movie. I just never understood why nobody has ever tackled an accurate version of this as an animated series. I know the Amazon one is going to add so much drama to it that the end result becomes flawed.

Reaction score
I watched the Rankin Bass animated "Return of the King" The songs are so etched in my brain that I watch it at least yearly. In many ways I like it better than the movie. I just never understood why nobody has ever tackled an accurate version of this as an animated series. I know the Amazon one is going to add so much drama to it that the end result becomes flawed.
I have high hopes for the idea of the Amazon show, and very very low expectations for the reality of it.

I would love to see a new animated version of the whole saga, Hobbit to ROTK. And in a proper 'real' style of animation, none of this stylized crap that's so popular.

And I'd like to thank you, for this being stuck in my head, for the next six days at least.

Reaction score
finally watched Birds of Prey on Saturday night. thought it was ok. not a great flick but somewhat enjoyable. the storyline was very jumpy and some of the acting was beyond wooden. I'm a fan of Mary Elizabeth Winstead but her acting in Birds of Prey was horrendous, her timing seemed off. the scene at the end where they are getting breakfast and she laughs is just some of the worse acting, it was like she had to poked to laugh at the joke.

I would have preferred if they gave us a little cameo by the Joker just to tie it in with Suicide Squad, or even a cameo from another member of the Suicide Squad but no such luck.

Yesterday was a lazy day so watched the Back to the Future Trilogy on Showtime.

Reaction score
I have high hopes for the idea of the Amazon show, and very very low expectations for the reality of it.

I would love to see a new animated version of the whole saga, Hobbit to ROTK. And in a proper 'real' style of animation, none of this stylized crap that's so popular.

And I'd like to thank you, for this being stuck in my head, for the next six days at least.
My old band used to open our shows with that. It is the opening to one of our most popular songs...people went berserk for it. When on tour ( especially in europe) people used to jump up onstage just to sing the left right parts...good times.

Reaction score
Splatter University (1984) - Terrible.
Nightmare Weekend (1986) - Also terrible.

Reaction score
ESB on the 40th., TED the night before. I want to now watch Flash Gordon but i lent the blu ray out... ):(