Recently Watched Movies

Reaction score
ET (unaltered)- Everytime I watch ET, I always wonder why I don't watch ET more. In addition to being great, it has one of the best quotes in cinematic history. Its one single, simple line, that perfectly and beautifully describes childhood in the 80s. A line that emotes coming adventure and excitement. A line that smells like dusty limbs and cut grass and humid dusky nights. And that line? "Get the bikes!"

Reaction score
ET (unaltered)- Everytime I watch ET, I always wonder why I don't watch ET more. In addition to being great, it has one of the best quotes in cinematic history. Its one single, simple line, that perfectly and beautifully describes childhood in the 80s. A line that emotes coming adventure and excitement. A line that smells like dusty limbs and cut grass and humid dusky nights. And that line? "Get the bikes!"
Talk about a movie that the music adds about 110%. Spielberg supposedly edited the bike chase/finale to fit Williams’ music length...rather than the composer editing his score down to fit the time length of the sequence.

Reaction score
Talk about a movie that the music adds about 110%. Spielberg supposedly edited the bike chase/finale to fit Williams’ music length...rather than the composer editing his score down to fit the time length of the sequence.
Odd to say, but, best bicycle chase scene ever.

Reaction score
The Edge- If you've ever wanted to see a bear hunt Anthony Hopkins, and then Anthony Hopkins turn the tables and hunt a bear (with a vaguely sharp stick), this is the movie for you. Excellent flick.

Reaction score
The Lighthouse- It had my interest at first, and I like crazy, but it wasn't my cup of tea. Felt like it was trying too hard. Felt too much like... like if the phrase "hey go two tables over and take a picture of me reading this Chuck Palahniuk novel and drinking coffee while wearing a beanie so I can make it my profile picture" were to make a movie about crazy lighthouse stuff.

But in 2002 I said "MP3's will never catch on." So what do I know.

Reaction score
Ah! I forgot about the docu-series dropping today! Now the clock's definitely going to crawl until I'm out of work. Lol

Yes, Explorers has, for some reason, really faded into obscurity in the pantheon of 80's sci-fi/fantasy. I mean the story isn't high literature, but for a kid's adventure flick, it always has been awesome.

Reaction score
Who's the young Padawan that got to shake hands with George Lucas? (of which I'm jealous)
My late, handi-capable son Tyler, who unfortunately, we lost at age 15. He was born with a lot of issues, so we made the most of the time we had. He loved SW(did he have a choice...lol)...and he became a mini-celebrity at Celebration 3...with the 501st, and just about everyone else. We were at the 1st Q&A with Lucas, and he got called up to the stage. That was a moment forever etched in my heart & mind.

Reaction score
My late, handi-capable son Tyler, who unfortunately, we lost at age 15. He was born with a lot of issues, so we made the most of the time we had. He loved SW(did he have a choice...lol)...and he became a mini-celebrity at Celebration 3...with the 501st, and just about everyone else. We were at the 1st Q&A with Lucas, and he got called up to the stage. That was a moment forever etched in my heart & mind.
Well it looks like he had an amazing time! And rightfully so! I love how genuinely elated he is in the pictures.

Reaction score
Falling Down

Clone Wars Finale- I watched the whole series up to now after I got Disney+. I dunno, but its a swing and a miss for me, I don't see what all the love is for. Its ok, it has its episodes that I really liked (ones that went in depth on the clones, Padme stuff, the ones centered on 3P0 and R2 especially), but overall it was just kinda, eh, to me. And to save my life I cannot figure out why Ahsoka is so revered among the fans, start to finish I didn't warm up to her. I'll give everyone a few minutes to get the torches lit and the pitch forks sharpened. ;)

First episode of the Mandalorian docuseries.

Reaction score
All opinions matter...no judgment here. Me...I liked Clone Wars fine, but could not get into Rebels or Resistance AT ALL. I did enjoy the Maul, Vader moments though.

Reaction score
9 Deaths of the Ninja (1985) - Reminded me of Future Hunters without the sci-fi stuff. Quite fun and funny whether intentionally or not.

The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the Eighth Dimension (1984) - Still one of my favorite films.

Reaction score
All opinions matter...no judgment here. Me...I liked Clone Wars fine, but could not get into Rebels or Resistance AT ALL. I did enjoy the Maul, Vader moments though.
Yeah I'll say this, it didn't feel as 'kid' oriented as Rebels. And while I understand technically its all for kids, the stuff with the best staying power is the stuff that doesn't dumb things down for kids. Like.... Like Star Wars!
Rebels was sort of the same, it had episodes I liked, but overall it fell flat for me. I'll say, if I recall correctly, there were more individual episodes that I liked on Rebels than Clone Wars. Oh Hondo, Hondo was a bright point on both shows. Resistance I barely made it through the first episode.

Could just be I'm old and grouchy though. :sneaky:

Reaction score
9 Deaths of the Ninja (1985) - Reminded me of Future Hunters without the sci-fi stuff. Quite fun and funny whether intentionally or not.

The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the Eighth Dimension (1984) - Still one of my favorite films.
These two were rented on VHS so many times back in the day! along with Enter the Ninja, Toxic Avenger, and Get Crazy.

Reaction score
Falling Down

Clone Wars Finale- I watched the whole series up to now after I got Disney+. I dunno, but its a swing and a miss for me, I don't see what all the love is for. Its ok, it has its episodes that I really liked (ones that went in depth on the clones, Padme stuff, the ones centered on 3P0 and R2 especially), but overall it was just kinda, eh, to me. And to save my life I cannot figure out why Ahsoka is so revered among the fans, start to finish I didn't warm up to her. I'll give everyone a few minutes to get the torches lit and the pitch forks sharpened. ;)

First episode of the Mandalorian docuseries.
I think alot of people like Ahsoka because she has so many flaws and she messed up alot but you always knew her heart was in the right place. She's honestly the most relateable Jedi imo. I just wish she could have been incorporated into the prequels honestly. How much better would Anakin's turn have been if she was? A lot imo. Also to stay on topic, I watched Episode 9 yesterday. Also Falling down , that's a classic. Seeing it discussed on I love the 90's part deux made me want to see it all those years ago. Lol.

Reaction score
I finally got around to Stranger things and did it marathon style(counts as movie), probably one of the better TV shows I've seen in a while.

Reaction score
My partial list of shows and movies Ive seen since Ive been working from home these past almost 8 weeks:

The last 170-ish episodes of Naruto
Picard
Star Trek Discovery
both aftershows related to those two trek shows
The (new) Twilight Zone
Short Treks
The first 4 episodes of Pennyworth (all that I could get when EPIX was free for me)
Crawl
X-Men Dark Phoenix
Frozen II (twice)
all bonus materials on the Frozen II and TROS 4k discs (But not TROS itself, yet)
Bambi (I was curious about the early Disney films I'd never seen)
The Tales of Mr. Toad and Ichabod
Sleeping Beauty
Sword in the Stone
Robin Hood (Disney)

And a bunch of random old movies on TCM, which I might see bits and pieces of.

Reaction score
Since last week, I've watched: One Hour Photo (Robin Williams), My Life (Michael Keaton) and Whip It (Ellen Page).

Reaction score
Deep Space (1987). Good for what it is. I like Charles Napier and Bo Svenson, so it fit the bill.

Reaction score
finally watched Rocky Balboa last night. very emotional movie. the parts with Rocky and Paulie hit me hard as I felt the pain with Rocky revisiting all of the places he and Adrian met, visited etc. When Rocky breaks down in front of Paulie I cried.. knowing exactly what the character was going through. A person is never fully whole again when you lose your wife or husband to cancer/illness. the feeling of helplessness and not being able to save them is hard to ever fully get over.

Reaction score
So true, you don't really expect to get choked up that much at a Rocky Movie. Last Blood had similar aspect, just with a lot more blood.