Recently Watched Movies

Reaction score
Re: Recently Watched Movies v3

I watched The Sand Pebbles - Steve McQueen, Richard Crenna, Richard Attenborough. Great movie. Steve plays an Engineer on board a gunboat in China during the war. He gets caught up in the politcal imbalance in the area. Great movie.
My favorite McQueen movie, and rightly his only Oscar nominated role. Sadly, I’ve never seen it on the big screen.
”I was home...”

Reaction score
Dr. Sleep...more of a drama/thriller. Ewan MacGregor gives a credible, nuanced performance as an adult Danny Torrence. Don’t go in expecting Conjuring or Rings...obviously not that kind of film. It’s Stephen King after all. It works as a continuation of The Shining book as well as the Kubrick movie(which I’m not a fan of as they lost the essence of King’s novel).

Reaction score
True Romance, overall a pretty good movie that keeps you entertained throughout but the protagonists actions are dubious. Patricia Arquette killing Chris Penn a cop and then getting to literally escape into the sunset at the end is messed up. Especially because him and his partner were not "dirty" by any means. Tarantino did write it though and he has alot of anti police sentiment in his movies so it's no surprise actually. Despite that it's still pretty entertaining and has a great cast. Alot who are no longer with us like Dennis Hopper and James Gandolfini. If you haven't seen it I'd reccommend a viewing especially if you like late 80's/early 90's pop culture.

Reaction score
Hobbs and Shaw-- Dumb fun, recommended if you're into that sort of thing.

Reaction score
well the movie was supposed to be about finding the dinos a good place to live to get away from the volcano.

Then the last hour is just a repeat of rounding up dinos. Same crap that went on in Jurassic Park 2 Lost World

Reaction score
Waynes World 2. Not gonna lie , watched this just to see Tia Carrera. :love: I think the only parts I actually laughed at were the T-Rex eye in the park and the part where they were deliberately cutting off their order at the drive thru. Even though it's not a great movie it's still better then the majority of comedies today.

Reaction score
Not a movie, but watched the first episode of Mandalorian before work today. Two big thumbs up!

Reaction score
Saw Le Mans 66 last night (or I think the official title in USA is Ford v Ferrari). Not this year's greatest movie but it was fun. Christian Bale is great in it.

Reaction score
Between two ferns the movie. If you happen to have an hour and a half to kill... I'd recommend sitting in a chair and thinking about what a great decision it was to not watch Between two ferns the movie.
I watched a good chunk of this movie. Oof. Not a good film.

Reaction score
Watched the first two Pirates of the Caribbean flicks on D+. I haven't seen the ones after the third, and if I'm going to watch those I have to watch the first three, first. You know how it is.

Reaction score
Been watching Tom Savini's remake of Night of the Living Dead earlier today.

Later tonight ill be watching these

Nightmare on Elm Street remake
Tommy Boy Holy Schnike DVD with commentary track on

Reaction score
Watched Pirates 3, which was the weakest of that trilogy. Pirates 4 was like... a good "Pirate" movie but not a good Pirates of the Caribbean movie. And Spiderman:Far From Home. Which was a fluff Marvel movie, but a fun watch.

Reaction score
Watched Solo last night. Still love it, but I found my attention drifting this go round. Maybe I just wasn't in the mood.

Reaction score
Rogue One, Who Framed Roger Rabbit on D+, and Shazam- which I hadn't seen since the theater and was better on the second viewing.

Reaction score
Gung Ho (1986) with Michael Keaton and Gedde Watanabe. Good film. Michael Keaton is very funny in it.
If I could hit like twice I would. My wife loves 80's movies and she never saw most due to strict parenting. One I completely Missed, and It reminds me to watch DC cab too...

Reaction score
If I could hit like twice I would. My wife loves 80's movies and she never saw most due to strict parenting. One I completely Missed, and It reminds me to watch DC cab too...
I was surprised I had never heard of this film until a year or so ago when I ran across a VHS and a DVD copy of it in the wild. I guess it wasn't a big hit, but it was directed by Ron Howard.

Reaction score
Dumbo (2019)- It was ok. Nothing amazing, but worth a watch. Danny Devito was excellent, and the pink elephants scene was awesome.

Reaction score
watching Final Fantasy VII Advent Children

later tonight ill be watching Final Fantasy Spirits Within along with the first Austin Powers movie

Reaction score
watched Batman Forever last night

later tonight im watching the first Austin Powers movie and last time i watched i was like back in 1998 or 1999

Reaction score
Wizard of Oz
A New Hope
The Irishman- I was surprisingly disappointed by this. I mean its not awful by any stretch of the imagination, its an incredible cast directed by an incredible director. It just wasn't that great. It felt like some thing your Grandfather would watch on a Sunday afternoon in 1989; like, that kind of boring. Not necessarily bad, but... y'know. DeNiro (and I love DeNiro) felt like he was coasting through the role because he's Robert Deniro. Al Pacino seemed miscast, it was like Al Pacino was doing an impression of Jimmy Hoffa for a party. It was like Colin Farrell as Alexader the Great- not a bad actor, but not the right role for the actor. Joe Pesci, absolutely stole the show. Every scene he was in, every expression, every line, he crushed it.
The aging and vice versa technique actually worked pretty well, but mostly the making them look younger is where it worked (meaning you didn't really notice it). After a point when they were aged to look older, around Deniro's eyes in particular looked really creepy and weird (once you see it you won't be able to unsee it).
Its worth watching, for sure, but at 3.5 hours and coming out kind of 'eh', I don't think you have to count down the days to the blu ray release.

Last edited: