Recently Watched Movies

Reaction score
Can anyone reccommend any good 80's maybe even 90's horror movies? More so the B rated ones. For ex. something similar to Sleepaway camp 2 and 3.

Reaction score
The Hatchet series, and Feast are great starting points. Not sure if the are 90s though...

Reaction score
I watched a bonanza of 2019 movies that I missed in the theater, while in transit between the US and Europe. Flying overseas is how I remember what flying was back in the day. Anyways, I watched:

Alita: Battle Angel - better than I expected it to be!
Toy Story 4 - not what I expected at all, but cute. (3 was better)
Hellboy - Also better than I expected. The plot was dumb, but Harbour was good.
Shazam! - Fun movie! Lots of good laughs there.
Rocketman - This was fine, tho I would have rather it be more straight and less 'musical'. The music speaks for itself.
Tolkien - I needed a break from the 'loud' movies at this point. Nice, quiet movie about Tolkien's early life.

I also started Dumbo but fell asleep. This was 20+ hours in of the trip back.

Reaction score
HALLOWEEN H2O for some reason I've always loved the Halloween series but H20 is one of the movies that really works in the series. the return of Laurie is awesome and the storyline is decent. I really wish that Halloween 2018 was a continuation of the H20 storyline as it shows a much older and somewhat crazier Laurie (which could have been played upon similar to how they have Laurie in a mental hospital in Resurrection). Also they could have made a subplot that Laurie's daughter was actually the character of Molly from H20 as Michelle Williams and Judy Greer look very similar to each other. as far as the character of John (Laurie's son in H20) he could have been written in somehow as having moved away from Laurie and living somewhere far away etc.

Reaction score
Star Trek IV The Voyage Home.

Not a movie, but I've been trying to burn through all the Jeopardy episodes on Netflix before they leave in a few days.

Reaction score
Saw Joker yesterday. It was good. I wasn't floored by it, and I'm not sure what kind of replay value it'll have, but it was good. I really liked what they did with his laugh; Joaquin did a great job, and I really appreciate the aesthetic and hope the quality of the movie is indicative of what we'll get in DC movies to come. And this will sound weird, but I liked how the violence was done.

Reaction score
Toy Story 4 (4k)

I liked this much better the second time around, plus it was my 2.5 yo daughters first "movie" viewing, and she was mesmerized!

Reaction score
movies i watched recently since yesterday and today

yesterday
Resident Evil Afterlife, Retribution and Final Chapter

earlier today and tonight i watched Amityville Horror. Old movie is still fun to watch but it is long. Had to watch half of it earlier today.

then earlier tonight i watched the other half. one thing ive noticed, isnt there supposed to be a pig squeal when Kathy encounters pig Jody's eyes outside the window?

I couldve sworn there was a pig squeal or pig grunt sound effect for that scene when it would be on tv once in awhile or whatever

Reaction score
Pet Sematary (2019) last night- I didn't really want to watch it. But it's a state law if you're from Maine you have to watch anything Stephen King is involved in on any level. The fines are doubled since I'm originally from Bangor (where he lives). It was ok, original is definitely better. Lithgow did an awesome job.

And a few days ago I watched Star Trek V- which I still say doesn't get the credit it deserves.

Reaction score
Saw Jay & Silent Bob Reboot last night. Loved it! Lots of laughs & lots of heart!! Will see it again for sure. A lot better than most of the current movies out.
Still have yet to see it. The night it was supposed to debut, they showed strike back and halfway through told us that they did not have the correct projector to show reboot. No refunds either...

Reaction score
watched Under the Bed earlier today.

Now im watching Exorcist, the special extended version aka Version You Never Seen Before from a decade ago.

Reaction score
The King on netflix- The trailer was better than the movie, but it still gets two thumbs up from me.

Reaction score
Between two ferns the movie. If you happen to have an hour and a half to kill... I'd recommend sitting in a chair and thinking about what a great decision it was to not watch Between two ferns the movie.

Reaction score
JoJo Rabbit. It is a brilliant, hilarious, heartbreaking and heartwarming film. Written and directed by Taika Waititi (director of Thor Ragnarok). He is a bloody genius.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Watched Danjeerling Limited, it was ok, not great.
And Duck Soup (1933)- Always a good time.

Reaction score
I sat down with my oldest daughter for her first viewing of Predator. I've got to keep pushing the classics. ;)

Reaction score
Can anyone reccommend any good 80's maybe even 90's horror movies? More so the B rated ones. For ex. something similar to Sleepaway camp 2 and 3.
Waxwork
The Being
Night of the Creeps
Night of the Comet
CHUD
CHUD II
Boogens
Demon Wind
Fright Night
Monster Squad
My Moms a Werewolf
Chopping Mall

Reaction score
In The Heart of the Sea- If I could give it four thumbs up and a whale fluke, I would! Highly recommended!

Reaction score
watched the original version of Exorcist along with watching Exorcist II earlier today.

now im watching Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom tonight

Reaction score
Brightburn and Congo.

Brightburn kind of bored me, and I'm not sure the more graphic bits really brought anything to the table.
Congo continues to not age well, but has a charm all its own, lol.

Reaction score
Clear and Present Danger- Which wasn't as bad as I remembered it being.
Attack of the Clones- Which is as bad as I remember it being, but its got an odd charm to it now.

Reaction score
Alien3 was on TV last night. it was far worse than I remember. quite possibly the worst movie ever made. of any genre.

Reaction score
watched the original version of Exorcist along with watching Exorcist II earlier today.

now im watching Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom tonight
May I suggest skipping Exorcist II and going right to Exorcist III. It is William Peter Blatty's actual sequel to the original.
And probably one of the best sequels ever made in the history of movies.
How George C. Scott and Brad Dourif didn't get Oscar noms and wins, is a travesty.