Recently Watched Movies

Reaction score
Rewatched (out of order) Rocky I-V and Rocky Balboa. I forget just how GOOD Rocky I-III are. Solid, incredible movies! IV is too corny for me, too '80s. Rocky V is not bad but just depressing. The last one is like he tried to make up for Rocky V, but it's okay for what it is. Still, nice way to spend my week watching these at night.

Saw some other crap movies that were just Prime freebies and honestly not even memorable.

Reaction score
Finished watching Star Wars Last Jedi earlier tonight.

Now im going to be watching the bonus features of Extended Edition Hobbit Battle of Five Armies for DVD

Reaction score
Rewatched (out of order) Rocky I-V and Rocky Balboa. I forget just how GOOD Rocky I-III are. Solid, incredible movies! IV is too corny for me, too '80s. Rocky V is not bad but just depressing. The last one is like he tried to make up for Rocky V, but it's okay for what it is. Still, nice way to spend my week watching these at night.

Saw some other crap movies that were just Prime freebies and honestly not even memorable.
The Rocky movies diminish in quality as they go on and then Balboa absolutely rocked it. None of the movies are bad by any stretch. Im not saying that 3 isnt my favorite, or that you are nuts if you like 4 most, but the moviemaking quality goes south with each release until Balboa. A worthy binge watch.

Reaction score
Coincidentally I watched Rocky last night with the intent of Rocky II today. I-III are outstanding, IV is ok-- it's just 80's enough for me ;) Five I can't bring myself to give the time of day to anymore. Balboa I thought was pretty good though.. it had some excellent moments/lines.

Reaction score
It was a joke. Both of those movies are considered the worst of their respective franchises. I also watch all of the special features on discs.

Reaction score
movies i watched since last night and earlier today

Ladyhawke
Exorcist The Beginning prequel. Renny Harlin's dumb version
Spider-Man Homecoming which Im watching later tonight

and going to be watching the 2015 Fantastic Four movie

Reaction score
I just watched the 2012 Bond movie Skyfall. I’d never seen it before. It’s pretty good!

Reaction score
Gangs of New York. Everytime I watch this, I wonder if Daniel Day Lewis was NOT in it... would anyone watch it...

Reaction score
I watched Avengers: Endgame (yet again) on the plane ... both on my way to and on my way back from Arizona.

Reaction score
I watched Spider-Man: Far From Home last night. I was just OK with the movie when I saw it in theaters. I thought it was a decent MCU effort. But after watching it a second time I'm starting to like it more and more.

Reaction score
X-Men - Dark Phoenix - all in all it wasn't bad... it wasn't great but it wasn't bad. I prefer this storyline over X-Men The Last Stand at least. I think these actors give the characters more feelings and emotion than the original choices from the 1st 3 X-Men movies..

Reaction score
Well I mean Martin Scorcese, Leonardo DiCaprio, Cameron Diaz to name a few other small names part of that little project
it's ironic that Martin Scorsese is now making movies for NETFLIX -- oh how the mighty have fallen.

(even more ironic, when he now says, the MCU is "not cinema"... when his "Irishman" movie was made for NETFLIX). ROFL!

Reaction score
Started watching Godzilla King of Monsters on a flight, it kept screwing up and going back to the menu 3/4 of the way through, which is fine because I wasn’t really digging it. Watched half if Aladdin for the rest of the flight; it was ok.

Reaction score
I finished watching the rest of Ant Man and Wasp earlier today.

Later tonight ill be watching Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Ninja Turtles 2 Secret of the Ooze. Two old Ninja turtles movies been a long long time since ive seen them since the good old VHS days

Reaction score
it's ironic that Martin Scorsese is now making movies for NETFLIX -- oh how the mighty have fallen.

(even more ironic, when he now says, the MCU is "not cinema"... when his "Irishman" movie was made for NETFLIX). ROFL!
Problem is he's never seen a Marvel Movie and claims he never will. That be would be like me saying that I can't stand his movies, despite never seeing them. At least when i claim to dislike a movie, I've seen it first. I have a lot of respect for his career, but that statement come off as ignorant.

Since I have DC Universe sub, i was able to watch reign of Supermen. Which seems to be a follow up to the death of Superman that I never saw. Spoiler alert lol
Also watch the 1st ep of Swamp Thing, not sure yet if I keep going.

Reaction score
I agree. but either way, HOW is the Irishman "Cinema", when it was made for a television streaming service?

(that word doesn't mean what he thinks it means). :whistling:

Scorsese's movie is NOT "Cinema" -- it's NETFLIX. FFS.

(beyond just ignorant, his statement came off as "Sour Grapes")

Last edited:
Reaction score
Netflix is the financer/distributor and The Irishman was always meant to have a limited theatrical run so it could qualify for Oscars. So far all word has been positive on it. Scoffing at Netflix as a studio/distributor is silly, they are just as much a player as WB, Paramount, Universal, Disney, etc. at this point. Any of those studios would've taken The Irishman, Netflix just happened to outbid everyone else. He didn't fall off or is now slumming it.
I don't agree with his general opinion about MCU films, sounds like an old man take, but I don't think he was making the case that of seeing something in theaters vs. at home, more so in the sense that MCU films aren't art, art house cinema. I don't get why people are so upset about it. Just a dude with an opinion which shouldn't affect what you like.

Reaction score
Watched Dark Phoenix on my flight home. Eh, not a great x-men movie, but something to watch. I liked the train fight.

Reaction score
All day earlier today i watched Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Ninja Turtles II Secret of the Ooze.

Tonight im going to be watching Last Starfighter

Reaction score
All day earlier today i watched Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Ninja Turtles II Secret of the Ooze.

The third Tmnt movie is a hidden gem. I love the first one but the third is better than the second in my opinion.

Reaction score

It's too bad The Last Starfighter toy line never got made. There are prototypes of a bunch of figures and it was rumored that a gunstar toy was in the works. One of my favorite movies as a kid.

Heck, I'm going to watch that tonight as well. Good idea.