Recent Acquisitions!

Reaction score
The Dewback set is absolutely superb. The tauntaun is similarly strong, if you haven't got one yet you should make it so!
Thanks! It's on the list, it may be my next purchase come payday.

***UPDATE***

I bought a Luke w/ Tauntaun and a T-16, they both should arrive in a couple of weeks.

I expect I will probably like the Tauntaun enough to get Han's as well at some point.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Finally got a Snowspeeder last night. It's in great shape, all complete, electronics work and I got a decent price on it. Pretty happy with Luke and Dak at the helm.

Last edited:
Reaction score
That snowspeeder looks great! I'm ashamed to admit I've never owned one, neither vintage nor POTF2, VC, etc. It's one of my favorite vehicles, too.

I just recently won a Gen. Veers, AT-ST driver, Mynock Hunt Chewie (from the POTF2 CS), and a POTJ Porkins. I'm excited to get them in hand; Veers is a grail figure for me and Porkins is up there, too.

Sent from my LG-D725 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reaction score
I bought a Ronto and a Greedo (Red Card) last night.

I probably won't be able to get much more for a few weeks or so, lot of real life bills and stuff to take care of, but when I get back into it I want to get some vehicles, specifically a Landspeeder (I have seen a bunch of them at reasonable prices), Cloud Car and an Airspeeder if I can find them.

Reaction score
Picked up an A-wing (sealed) last weekend at a local collectible shop. It was $40, so $20 more then retail. After seeing some ebay prices I can live with that. I wanted to have a "basic" red A-wing, as the other 2 I have are the Saga green version and Green Leader's specifically.

I won't be using the landing gear. I just made sure it worked. I've noticed with the POTF A-wings they stop working after a while, the lever may get stuck or the landing gears stay down.

Last edited:
Reaction score
$40 for an A-wing seems okay to me. I'd certainly grab another one for that price.

Reaction score
Picked up an A-wing (sealed) last weekend at a local collectible shop. It was $40, so $20 more then retail. After seeing some ebay prices I can live with that. I wanted to have a "basic" red A-wing, as the other 2 I have are the Saga green version and Green Leader's specifically.

I won't be using the landing gear. I just made sure it worked. I've noticed with the POTF A-wings they stop working after a while, the lever may get stuck or the landing gears stay down.
My A-wing that I just purchased Mint in box has all sorts of landing gear issues. I mean, it works, but it's wonky as all get out.

I paid $40 for mine. Seems like the current going rate.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah, after checking ebay there were a few around the $30 - mid $30 range. After shipping it would come out to about $40 anyway.

I'd like to grab a Snowspeeder at some point also.

Reaction score
My A-wing that I just purchased Mint in box has all sorts of landing gear issues. I mean, it works, but it's wonky as all get out.
Can confirm mine is the same. I think it's a fairly common issue. The design is not that good, and if you're not careful the lever can just pop-out internally. It's a relatively easy fix once you open the ship up (I've had to do it a couple of times now). But even then I still prefer to assist the opening and closing by pulling/pushing the rear struts when using the lever.

Reaction score
Grabbed a Snowspeeder at the same collectible store this past weekend. There was one on the shelf for $40 but some of the stickers were faded and it looked dirty. There was another one on the shelf, boxed (but opened) for $50 so I grabbed that one. I figured for $10 more and in better condition why not. Like with the A-wing, I got this Snowspeeder for $20 more. Going by ebay prices, this was the cheapest I could get it.

Am I the only one who doesn't like the missing panel on the side of the Snowspeeder?

Reaction score
Picked up a Shadows of the Empire - Luke Skywalker in Imperial Guard Disguise at a comic show. It was only $5, and an oddly satisfying purchase. I wasn't collecting when this line came out, but always thought this was a cool design. I doubt Hasbro will ever revisit it, so I scooped it up. I really dig the sculpt - minus the likeness - but that's what the helmets for!

Reaction score
My first head swap that I ever did was with a SotE Luke. Added the head from a Luke in stormtrooper disguise because I wanted him to have the covered neck.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Picked up X-wing Luke, a Stormtrooper and 2 TIE Pilots for $5 each at a local collectible store. I got them for my Shadows of the Empire display.

Reaction score
Picked up the mail away Han Stormtrooper and Spirit Obi-Wan, sealed bags, open mailer boxes, at a flea market today. $7 each, which is a little steep to me, even though that's about the going rate. But the nostalgia waves of eating boxes fruit loops by the handful to send away for Han and haggling for the Obi-Wan at a comic show made me pull the trigger.

Also got a faded dirty cockpit/center ball for a TIE fighter from a seller that was actually going to throw it away. No charge for that gem.

Reaction score
Found a FB deal for 13 MOC figures for $53 shipped. Most are Imperial army builders. That's less than $4.50 a figure. I'm opening them to let my son play with them. The only unwanted figure in the lot is Emperor Palpatine (whom I have loose and carded in various forms). Now to find a way to store them.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Found a not overly-optimisitc-priced seller on ebay and picked up EV-9D9 loose and complete, and the SOTE comic pack IG-88.

Reaction score
Picked up the Emperor's throne room/final duel cinema scene over the weekend for $9. MIB.

Reaction score
Picked up a lot with a loose TIE Pilot, Death Star Gunner, and Snowtrooper. All were advertised to have play wear but the heads on the first two are all wobbly like their neck posts were stretched. Bummer. I know to ask if all joints are tight in the future I guess.

Reaction score
Got a Momaw Nadon, Grand Moff Tarkin and a SE Jabba at a flea market, all for $5.

Reaction score
Scored a nearly complete MF with box for $40 on Ebay. Totally ecstatic about it. Just need to replace the ramp door/struts.

Reaction score
Picked up the EU Clone Emperor figure for $7, which I thought was a pretty good deal, considering I've seen a number of the old EU figures for $20+ recently. I've been slowly adding the old EU figures to my collection, because they look drastically different than their modern counterparts, and I prefer the simple articulation aesthetic.

I believe the only two I'm left without now are Kyle Katarn, which I have the modern figure - though the POTF2 version looks like a different character, as well as Dash Rendar, whos design I don't even like, so I'm not sure if I'll ever buy it. I know they also released "EU" ships w/ figures, but those were actually concept designs, so I'm not sure if I'll track any of those down.

Reaction score
Picked up a Y-wing at Rhode Island Comic Con over the weekend for $55. Only downside is it didn't come with the pilot. Still a good deal after seeing ebay prices.

Reaction score
Picked up the Complete Galaxy Dagobah set for $10. I somehow have the Bogwing creature from the set, loose, but not the rest of it. I must have owned it at some point and got rid of it. Its such a fantastic little diorama, I'm glad I have the full display once again. Its funny how the Yoda likeness is better than most of the modern figures of him! I plan to pick up the POTF2 flashback Yoda eventually too - I didn't collect when it was released, and I think that sculpt is solid as well, taking this figure and adding realistic "hair".

Reaction score
I also have the Compete Galaxy Yoda figure with the Dagobah globe base. I bought it off of amazon like two years ago or whatever. I only bought it for the Yoda figure

Reaction score
Yeah, its a good figure, the deco is better than the carded release, and the sculpt details pop on this version as well. The POTF2 version of him with the backpack has softer sculpt lines. The Bogwing creature is cool too, I only wish they gave it some articulation and made it removable. I removed one years ago, but had to break it off and repaint the area.

Going back and filling some of these gaps in my collection has made me appreciate some of the nice sculpts from this era.

Reaction score
I do agree, the sculpts from this era, as bad as they may seem, have been my favorite. As of now, I've only been keeping my orange card figures in my collection along with any ships and sets based on the orange card series. I am looking for a GC three-pack figures but it has a oc Luke Dagobah in it... I even have a Sams Club GC three-pack for trade if anyone has any leads. I think others on my want list are: OC ATST, han blaster and Snowspeeder. Do have other modern stuff for trade as well as some OC foreign figures.

Reaction score
I just bought a skiff for my Barge dio. It’s my fourth full-size skiff, but you can’t have too many!

Reaction score
[/URL]

Some recent buys for the red card collection. Canadian square cards and a rather nice half circle Fett.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Here are some recent additions to my Italian GIG collection, the price stickers have since been removed.

Reaction score
Recent buys, Bistan stays carded but the solo set is now loose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Recent buys from the week.

Full wave 5 Mission Series £20 and £4.99 each for two TIE.

Reaction score
Picked up the POTF2 4-LOM figure loose for $1 - gotta say, I prefer the deco on this figure compared to the TAC figure which is a bit dull. I love the green on the eyes and the "rusty" paint. This is another case where I'm happy to own two versions of the same character.

Reaction score
Just received my MISB "Shadows of the Empire" Slave I yesterday. It is the variant that does not include the cards. And I posted a better version of this update at the other active topic.

Reaction score
Just received my MISB "Shadows of the Empire" Slave I yesterday. It is the variant that does not include the cards. And I posted a better version of this update at the other active topic.
Oh nice, looking forward to seeing that

Reaction score
I picked up an EV-9D9 as kind of a temporary stand-in for the vintage POTF version. She displays surprisingly well with the vintage Barada and Amanaman, plus the console is really cool. So if/when I do finally get ahold of a vintage EV-9D9, that doesn't have the arms falling off, then I will likely keep the console for that figure.